Heartburn: what local remedies or what to buy in the farmacia?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Are you in The DR Caribmike? If so buy the Famotidina down there. Much cheaper and no need for a prescription. Personally I would give the vinegar a try as I wouldn't want to be on a pill for the rest of my life, which is the way Omeprazole works. I only use the Famotidina on an exception basis.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Are you in The DR Caribmike?"

since 1997 :)

"...on an exception basis"

i hope it will be an exception...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The famous Dr Bob 'prescribed' my vinegar as an 'anti-parasite' measure.... most bugs hate the acidity.

H Pylori is an exception.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Not sure, I am having a slight heartburn since a couple days but no acid regurgitation. I think (hope) it is temporary. Need some activity and would prefer to try something what I do not have to use permanently so I think I will try first the vinegar. If that doesn't help I'll need to try one of the mentioned medications.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Are you in The DR Caribmike? If so buy the Famotidina down there. Much cheaper and no need for a prescription. Personally I would give the vinegar a try as I wouldn't want to be on a pill for the rest of my life, which is the way Omeprazole works. I only use the on an exception basis.
Famotidina is Pepcid. Works for an occasional incident, but NOT for a chronic condition.
[h=2][/h]

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The famous Dr Bob 'prescribed' my vinegar as an 'anti-parasite' measure.... most bugs hate the acidity.

H Pylori is an exception.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You better do something ...FAST.... Mike...... or you'll be in hospital before you order the cure.

Call Flo Nightengale

Feb 7, 2007
Nexium!!!!!!!!!! found in any pharmacy

Nexium is just a very expensive brand name for esomeprazol. I buy generics and save up to 70% off drug prices. I was prescribed nexium 3 years back, and went with Omeprazol, made by the Colombian laboratory. it was btter for me than Omeprazole made by Ethical (one of the reliable generic drugs labs)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The ones I brought back from The DR are 40mg which I don't think you can get without a prescription in The US. Of course you could always take two 20mg if one doesn't do the trick. Always consult your doctor though...
Famotidine is just low-tech Pepcid. NOT by prescription anywhere as far as I know.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
forget the nexium, this is just simple esomeprazole (improved omeprazole, basically) at insane price. omeprazole is most effective as the protection of the stomach while on the therapy with strong antibiotics.
if i was pressed for choice i would go for lansoprazol, more expensive than omeprazole but much better. try brand name pepticus (about 15 pesos per pill).
apple cider vinegar comes in pills too, maybe 3 pesos per one? GNC shops should have it too (sold by bottle thou).

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I have heartburn problems all the time, after seeing a neuro, ent, gastro and a dentist and lots of tests it turned out to be irritation of the vagus nerve due to TMJ sydrome.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sadly it appeared like 10 days ago, when we switched from Cafe Sto Dgo to Monte Alto... Can't be or? :(

will switch back and see...

Out of curiosity, could it be that a person can digest one coffee better than the other?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I have heartburn problems all the time, after seeing a neuro, ent, gastro and a dentist and lots of tests it turned out to be irritation of the vagus nerve due to TMJ sydrome.

INTERESTING. I do the TMJ thing when I'm under work related stress. Also occasionally get some annoying heartburn. I'm going to keep track of this to see if they're related in my case.