HELP-Moorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Ladybird said:
Thanks to all of you for your help, I have had meetings with the Marina Capt of the Navy at Puerto Plato, and the problem has been solved. I am fully experienced with BOATS, SHIPS, and plastic toys!!! my draft measurements are correct, and this is just the first of this size coming in.
You can't blame us for questioning your draft specification. The same would be done if I asked if anybody had a house to rent with a sixty foot long garage, You wouldn't expect that I had a tractor-trailer truck to park in it.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Chris said:
Ladybird, we are trying to find out what draws this much? For the life of me, I cannot think of any normal sailing vessel (which I am experienced with) drawing this much. Please let us out of our misery and tell us...

Btw, while I was trying to research this type of draft, I did come across the draft of the 'away' vehicle of the Enterprise.. and really, it draws 5.5 meters. So, I was not joking...

Do you know what kind of 'wake' problems Puerto Plata has as a harbor?

Thank you Chris, yes I have fully inspected POP. You wont miss her when she comes in. We went shopping in Santiago the other day. We flew in his Gulfstream 5. 10 mins flight time POP to Santiago. Ah! and to think I used to survive on Heinz Baked Beans and Branston Pickle, eh Robert and Carina??
I am just a poor dumb female. ;)

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
they have a serious surge/wake problem in POP harbour, we stayed in there in my fathers 50ft Ocean Yacht a few years back and being tied to the dock was just like being out to sea!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Ladybird, you cannot dock anything decent in Puerto Plata harbor. If it is not smashed and damaged against the dock because of the wake of bigger vessels, the surge will make you run and tie off mooring and dock lines for a living. I would seriously suggest the vessel anchors in Samana harbor.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Ladybird said:
Thank you Chris, yes I have fully inspected POP. You wont miss her when she comes in. We went shopping in Santiago the other day. We flew in his Gulfstream 5. 10 mins flight time POP to Santiago. Ah! and to think I used to survive on Heinz Baked Beans and Branston Pickle, eh Robert and Carina??
There goes the neighborhood. I hate it when affleuence comes into the area I live. The next thing you know, they steal your maid and driver. Before long the restaurants make you wear proper attire to dinner. The list goes on. Watch out, POP will be La Romana.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ladybird said:
What is it or do I have to go out to my truck for my Knee high boots? I think I will need the boots because you are starting to sound not believable.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
Ladybird, you cannot dock anything decent in Puerto Plata harbor. If it is not smashed and damaged against the dock because of the wake of bigger vessels, the surge will make you run and tie off mooring and dock lines for a living. I would seriously suggest the vessel anchors in Samana harbor.

I agree 100% The holding ground is poor, when the surge comes it will smash you against the concrete dock, and thieves are a major problem.

Having such a deep draft vessel limits your options in most harbors I have anchored in. In the DR, your only option on the north coast is Samana.

Ladybird, I know you are not poor, but if you leave your vessel in Puerto Plata harbor you are dumb. May not be a surge problem today, but wait until the fall and early winter cold fronts start coming down from the north.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Conchman said:
did we ever find out what kind of boat, or should I say, ship, it is?

As at the present moment, No. I still think it is the dingy for the Starship Enterprise... ;) If it starts getting beaten up by winds and waves, it will just take off to the galaxy...

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Chris said:
As at the present moment, No. I still think it is the dingy for the Starship Enterprise... ;) If it starts getting beaten up by winds and waves, it will just take off to the galaxy...
Or simply give the command: "Beam me up Escotty".

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hlywud said:
What he hell kind of boat is Ladybird talking about?
aircraft-carrier-george-washingtonb.jpg

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You guys have all eaten funny pills today... sure.. beam me up escotty.. and the 'gul-stream?' cannot land on it... If this was a typo, it was a good one. The stuff that gulls stream down is usually stinky and full of goo! Scott might need those boots yet! On the Good Ship Lollypop!

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I guess another dillusion of grandeur. Or was I not invited to the party when the yacht landed?

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Well for a large sail boat, can not the deep keels be raised?

Ladybird, we are trying to find out what draws this much? For the life of me, I cannot think of any normal sailing vessel (which I am experienced with) drawing this much. Please let us out of our misery and tell us...

Btw, while I was trying to research this type of draft, I did come across the draft of the 'away' vehicle of the Enterprise.. and really, it draws 5.5 meters. So, I was not joking...

Do you know what kind of 'wake' problems Puerto Plata has as a harbor?

I used to load Mini Ships, here in Santo Domingo, these minis are 87 meters long and 14 meters wide, empty stern draft is only like six feet and bow rides on the surface if not for ballast, the ship also weighs empty 880 metric tons.

We load as much as 2,700 metric tones on board and they draft only goes 5 meters.....any more and it would drag bottom in the Isabela.

SO PLEASE PLEASE since you presented the question on a PUBLIC FORUM, please let us know more about this behemouth...........

Last edited:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I used to load Mini Ships, here in Santo Domingo, these minis are 87 meters long and 14 meters wide, empty stern draft is only like six feet and bow rides on the surface if not for ballast, the ship also weighs empty 880 metric tons.

We load as much as 2,700 metric tones on board and they draft only goes 5 meters.....any more and it would drag bottom in the Isabela.

SO PLEASE PLEASE since you presented the question on a PUBLIC FORUM, please let us know more about this behemouth...........

Why on earth should I disclose private info to you nasty people that have not answered my original question but just come on here to bite, because of your unhappy unfufilled lives. This man and his associates have changed a lot in this country since my post. He decided not to moor his vessel here as we had meetings with the marine Captain in POP, because of the swell, as to the nasty comments about me travelling by private plane, yes I do on occasions, a Gulfstream ok?? perhaps it would make you sarkies more happy if I advised him the in future to travel the world economy class on a budget airline, Im sure it would amuse him, for your info the flight time on his jet was 8 mins from POP to Stgo, it took longer to get out of the airport!! It also took longer in NJ to refuel than it did to fly back to POP, as the UN arrived and their craft took precedent on refueling. Happy now?? would you like to know flight paths which toilet paper he uses. Unbelievable that your life is so small you pull up such an old post.. Go polish the golden rivet, Im sure if you are that experienced with ships you will know what that means

Status
Not open for further replies.