Hey, Im new here, anybody can come and help me start a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin

Aug 28, 2004
What exactly are we talking about?We shoud talk bout a funn topic or summin, yeh?

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Hi i am new to this site, what we talking bout on this board, it doesn't sound like u r gettin along an that, why can't every1 get along, u know wot i mean?lets b nice.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
What the heck are you talking about?

some of us "old farts" need help understanding "new speak"...... Just because you want to show-off by talkin' screwie does not mean you're any more "in-the-know" than the rest of us. Street talk makes you a typical dumb-assed Haitian exhibiting the essential characteristics of your people. You want to get to know people in general? then talk civilize-like rather than jungle-boy stupidity

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
britishgirl said:
Hi i am new to this site, what we talking bout on this board, it doesn't sound like u r gettin along an that, why can't every1 get along, u know wot i mean?lets b nice.

....ok everyone. leave this one alone.

you sound like a nice girl....are you looking to buy a fresh sankie by any chance?

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Thanks

ELin3pi2! said:
Ok, I don't know how most of you here feel about this, but on a personal note, I think some people have been extremely unfair with haitianobeisbol. First of all I do understand the need of clear communication, but come on it wasn't all that bad. I don't see any camaraderie towards someone new who besides introducing himself, needed help starting his own threads. Yes he posted one, but maybe just like me doesn't know exactly how he did it. I still don't know how to start up my own but when I do I know what can be a good thread just by looking at how people treat others around here.

Thanks for defending me with these people. Its like im talking another language to them and that they are offended by me talking like that.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Yankees Baby!!!!

MaineGirl said:
Engineering is an excellent field.

What's your favorite baseball team, and do you have a favorite Dominican player? I love the Red Sox and luckily it's chock full of Dominicans or Dominican Yorks or whatever people are calling Manny, Pedro, and David these days. I am not a big fan of Alex Rodriguez but the truth is once the Olympics started I started slacking on my baseball and I coudn't even tell you how far the Yankees are ahead of the Sox right now.

Bochinche..:) Street talk is fine, it doesn't always translate well online. Now text messaging and chatting are methods of virtual street talk and that's a whole other ballgame. I like hearing it all (reading it all?) since it is nice to be able to understand people, and I see no reason to make people speak my language when I can just as well speak theirs :).

We had this debate before about high and low spanish. Maybe we should do one on high and low English.

Anyways back to haitianobeisbol, welcome and don't pay attention to people you can't stomach, that is why this board has an ignore function.

My favorite team is without a doubt The Yankees. Im from New York and i am crazy about them. So of coarse you can tell i hate the Red Sox with a passion and i dont care wat happens to them in the standings. I loved it when they were 11 games behind but they have been hot lately and are 4 games out but oh well. They Yanks will bury em in the playoffs. My favorite Dominican player is Alfonso Soriano because of how he hits and plus he's a second baseman. Too bad he had to be traded but it took the best player in baseball to get him out of NY and thats A-Rod, another dominican. I like him and love how he played before and i appreciate what he's doin here but if i had the choice we never needed him that bad. My favorite DR pitcher is Pedro Martinez because he is so dominating, but i HATE his attitude and his ego. As a player, hes great but he needs to calm it down. Plus its bad he a Red Sock. <<(Is that how you spell it singular cuz you cant keep the X right?)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
haitianobeisbol said:
Thanks for defending me with these people. Its like im talking another language to them and that they are offended by me talking like that.

Hi there and welcome to the board. Don't mind the opinionated responses - but this is frequently how the board members sort out the total nutcases from the relatively sane. And you did sound a little like a total nutcase to some of our ....uhm mature members.... :laugh:

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Don Juan said:
some of us "old farts" need help understanding "new speak"...... Just because you want to show-off by talkin' screwie does not mean you're any more "in-the-know" than the rest of us. Street talk makes you a typical dumb-assed Haitian exhibiting the essential characteristics of your people. You want to get to know people in general? then talk civilize-like rather than jungle-boy stupidity

^^^^^ Very adult and "educated" talk. "Jungle-boy stupidity", I like that one. I forgot they had jungles in the U.S. Exept maybe the concrete jungles of NYC. "Street talk makes you a typical dumb-assed Haitian". Thats another good one Mr. "Don Juan". Go visit a jail and see how many Haitians are in there (not many, in fact i have learned thats one of the least populations). Go to a few hospitals and find some Haitian doctors. Go to High Schools and Colleges and see Haitian proffessors and administrators. After that you will see "typical". Haitians dont get on small broken boats and sail in shark infested waters for no reason. They do it to leave the poverty and the corrupt government to come here and start a productive life. Its rare to see bumb- Haitians thuggin on the streets cuz they damn well have the opportunity because Haitian parents who just came over dont play that s*** and they do everything to make sure that the youth turns out to be somthing. If you see a Haitian bumb thats the streets fault and not from home. Its rare to see a broken Haitian household.

You must confuse Haitians with American Black people and think we are the same. Well i'll tell you that your dead wrong because our language, culture, and way we present ourselves is way different than them. Maybe skin color is the factor that confuses us with them.

So im not going to react negatively to what you said because you dont know me and because i have an extremely cool temper. I was raised right and im on my way to doing somthing good with myself.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Don Juan said:
lol oye e'te loco

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Deserves another look

Originally Posted by Don Juan

^^^^^ Very adult and "educated" talk. "Jungle-boy stupidity", I like that one. I forgot they had jungles in the U.S. Exept maybe the concrete jungles of NYC. "Street talk makes you a typical dumb-assed Haitian". Thats another good one Mr. "Don Juan". Go visit a jail and see how many Haitians are in there (not many, in fact i have learned thats one of the least populations). Go to a few hospitals and find some Haitian doctors. Go to High Schools and Colleges and see Haitian proffessors and administrators. After that you will see "typical". Haitians dont get on small broken boats and sail in shark infested waters for no reason. They do it to leave the poverty and the corrupt government to come here and start a productive life. Its rare to see bumb- Haitians thuggin on the streets cuz they damn well have the opportunity because Haitian parents who just came over dont play that s*** and they do everything to make sure that the youth turns out to be somthing. If you see a Haitian bumb thats the streets fault and not from home. Its rare to see a broken Haitian household.

You must confuse Haitians with American Black people and think we are the same. Well i'll tell you that your dead wrong because our language, culture, and way we present ourselves is way different than them. Maybe skin color is the factor that confuses us with them.

So im not going to react negatively to what you said because you dont know me and because i have an extremely cool temper. I was raised right and im on my way to doing somthing good with myself.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
I Can't Read This And Not Say Something.....

Heaven knows I'm not perfect. Heaven knows I'd really rather not judge. But Heaven also knows I CAN'T STAND injustice.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be locked real soon, so I'll say what I feel I must say now....

While I agree that haitianobeisbol should probably focus more on preening his choice of vocabulary and writing style in the future, this quote made my blood boil when I read it:
Don Juan said:
...Street talk makes you a typical dumb-assed Haitian exhibiting the essential characteristics of your people. You want to get to know people in general? then talk civilize-like rather than jungle-boy stupidity.
Incredible. Everyone, keep in mind this was addressed to a new member here.

Don Juan, this is a 17 year-old CHILD you're responding to. Do you have any idea what your ignorant, racist and prejudiced statements can do to someone's developing personality and self-esteem at that age? Also, who are you to say what 'civilized' civil talk is, given what you wrote? And what's that about 'jungle-boy stupidity'? Did you mean 'jungle-bunny', as in Haitian=Black=Jungle=Savages?

Don Juan, that's just wrong. If you're so smooth and mature, then why don't you live up to your handle and apologize to haitianobeisbol for the way you insulted him and his Haitian people, all because of his poor syntax? It would be a shame if he left thinking everyone here and in the DR thinks as you do.

To the Predictable Team: CC, GreyGhost, Escott, et.al......save your bytes. This pup had it coming to him, and y'all know it.

-Indie

Last edited:

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Hey

Indie said:
Heaven knows I'm not perfect. Heaven knows I'd really rather not judge. But Heaven also knows I CAN'T STAND injustice.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be locked real soon, so I'll say what I feel I must say now....

While I agree that haitianobeisbol should probably focus more on preening his choice of vocabulary and writing style in the future, this quote made my blood boil when I read it:Incredible. Everyone, keep in mind this was addressed to a new member here.

Don Juan, this is a 17 year-old CHILD you're responding to. Do you have any idea what your ignorant, racist and prejudiced statements can do to someone's developing personality and self-esteem at that age? Also, who are you to say what 'civilized' civil talk is, given what you wrote? And what's that about 'jungle-boy stupidity'? Did you mean 'jungle-bunny', as in Haitian=Black=Jungle=Savages?

Don Juan, that's just wrong. If you're so smooth and mature, then why don't you live up to your handle and apologize to haitianobeisbol for the way you insulted him and his Haitian people, all because of his poor syntax? It would be a shame if he left thinking everyone here and in the DR thinks as you do.

To the Predictable Team: CC, GreyGhost, Escott, et.al......save your bytes. This pup had it coming to him, and y'all know it.

-Indie

Thanks for lookin out for me and dont worry about me being affected or let down by wat he said. It didnt change my view about the dominican society. Like i said before i love your people. I answered his remarks in a formal and civilized way. I let him have it.

Thanks again and let me know what you think of my reply to him.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
3rd look for Don Juan

Originally Posted by Don Juan

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
For "haitianobeisbol's" sake!!

For my money I prefer listening to (reading) haitianobeisbol's 'street talk'. It's far more flavourful than reading perfect English grammer where everyone sounds the same. Haitianobeisbol strikes me a being a young (New York City born) Haitian kid who is very open-minded, intelligent, gentle and ambitious (sorry, haitianobeisbol, but I'm 54 years old, so I get to call you a kid :) )
I challenge all the old 'f--ks' here to encourage haitianobeisbol, rather than attack him.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Thanks

Keith&Cris said:
For my money I prefer listening to (reading) haitianobeisbol's 'street talk'. It's far more flavourful than reading perfect English grammer where everyone sounds the same. Haitianobeisbol strikes me a being a young (New York City born) Haitian kid who is very open-minded, intelligent, gentle and ambitious (sorry, haitianobeisbol, but I'm 54 years old, so I get to call you a kid :) )
I challenge all the old 'f--ks' here to encourage haitianobeisbol, rather than attack him.

Thanks alot, some people just dont get it and they make ignorant remarks, the rest have been nice to me.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Then we wonder!!

Don Juan said:
I, for one, use to wonder how come there are so many people that have stopped posting on this site and I see that one of the reasons is because of people being so tough with the new members. I received my share of abuse when I became a member but since I am an old fart, I rolled with the punches since I can give it more than I can receive. On this site I have met some of the biggest jack asses that God have created and some of the nicest also. I am also sure that some think that I am also the biggest ax hole alive just because I would NEVER back down to anybody.
Don Juan's comment, in my opinion, is not only very racially motivated, but also it shows racial prejudice is alive and well, even on a web site.
DJ could be the nicest man alive, for all I know, but when dealing with a 17 y/o boy (sorry haitianobeisbol but I can be your father), people need to treat them with "kids gloves" no matter the kid's race.
Wonder no more as to why so many newbies never come back. I, for one, have stopped posting as often (please spare me the " thank God since you were posting so much" schit) because it seems that some of the morons that gave me hell over a year ago, are the same morons that would not hesitate to to STILL do it to any new member.
I hope that Robert does not think that I am trying to put this site down, on the contrary, this site is GREAT, except for some "cancer" that would not go away (btw, some may think that I am one of those cancer but only because I will not back down for anybody). Granted, some newbies would ask stupid questions about their sankies and such and there is a need to show them tough love but haitianbeisbol did nothing wrong to warrant what DJ wrote to him. I miss the days of a good debate and the inputs of sancochojoe and others. Why they are not posting as often, only they know but I just hope that it's not for the same reasons that I stopped posting so regularly.
Haitianobeisbol, by you being 17 and living in the GOOD OLD US OF A, you have the right to express yourself in any which way you want. Trust me, there have been some here that would write every other word in spanish and the other in english. Be well and do not let ANYBODY get you down. Take it and give it right back and at the same time, relax and remember that there are some very nice people on this site.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
haitianobeisbol said:
Thanks alot, some people just dont get it and they make ignorant remarks, the rest have been nice to me.

Take a look up... yes, it's a rope, it's going "twang, twang, twang", you better be careful, those last few threads could soon snap.

DR1 is like any other community, it's a mix of characters and personalities. To survive in any community you need to know who's who and what makes the community work. I suggest you sit back, chill a little, look and learn before you jump all over people.

Before you ask... I'm the guy with scissors...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel... We do not have a cure for cancer, all we can do is try and prevent it or manage it.

Posters have been talking about "cancer" on DR1 since 1997.
The good old days, do you remember when, what happened to etc etc.
This is normal, even I feel like this some times.

But...

People come and go, it ebbs and flows. This is the nature of any popular message board.

The board has never been more popular and more diverse in who it helps and the people that post.

A few months ago, I posted some stuff on retention and new visitors.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32198

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That Escott is only less than 400 posts behind jazzcom. I sure do miss jazzy baby ;) and sometimes not. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.