Hey, Im new here, anybody can come and help me start a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Right

Criss Colon said:
Take it easy,and don't feel the need to defend yourself! You are only lowering yourself to the same level as "Don Juan"! One other thing,there is no need for you to berate American Blacks.Hatians are not better than them,or any other group,and no one is using skin color to catagorize anyone.I will say,that in my experience, Hatians are easier to "Smell" ,than to "Spot"!What is up with that??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Is that the ONLY thing you learned from the French?? "Never Bathe"? Sorry,but it as true.
Other than that,no racial,or political,or international politics,be "Dominican Related"! Cris Colon

Its a sad stereotype but in some cases its true and you're right, BUT whether its body odor or they have on too much cologne, Haitians somtimes stink. As for most of the Haitians back in Haiti, i can defend them in saying: If you were poor and the value of money isnt good down there plus a simple thing like deoderant cost alot, ADD the fact that many dont have running water and bathing may be once or twice a week and not everyday like we have the luxary to do, YOU WOULD STINK TOO. Am I right or wrong.

As for Haitians up here, i can tell you that if you smell the bad ones they are probably the ones that just came over here and brought the bad habits like not using deoderant after bathing and putting on too much aftershave.

Whatever the case is, i got 2 more points:

1. Its not like a natural thing that you automatically stink if you are haitian. Bottom line BODY ODOR IS BODY ODOR no matter what race.

2. THIS HAITIAN (ME) DONT STINK.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
JANET/NJ said:
Bill.........if the kid is going to college that must say something about his studies. Obvioulsy with all the tests one must take to be able to enroll into college am sure his grammar is more then alright and fitted for him to be here and in the US "society"
I didnt see anywhere when i signed up, that all grammar must be perfect.

Thanks. And yes i know how to speack correct english. You dont have to be 100% punctual online.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
JANET/NJ said:
You had me until you made this comment... :eek:gre:

"You must confuse Haitians with American Black people and think we are the same. Well i'll tell you that your dead wrong because our language, culture, and way we present ourselves is way different than them."

By you saying this about another culture you are stepping down to where the Don is. I have a lot of African American friends and not all of the culture is uneducated. They don't have to take a boat to get here, but they do have to make it out of the hood(alive) and poverty to make it in this country.

Of course you're culture, language and the way you present yourselves is different.......You're Haitian....they are American.
But ask yourself...being raised in the USA dont you also do a lot of the stuff these african americans do? Being raised here you have no choice but to have had mixed your culture with theirs.

word of advice : Degrading other cultures does not improve yours. :cool:

PS...
Hey! my OBGYN is Haitian....DR. Todd :)

Now that i look at it, it did sound like i was degrading African American but i didnt mean to, i was trying to point out that we are different. I didnt attempt to make it look like they arent educated. As for you last question : "But ask yourself...being raised in the USA dont you also do a lot of the stuff these african americans do? Being raised here you have no choice but to have had mixed your culture with theirs", you are deffinatly correct. America is a big melting pot and everybody is mixed and exposed to interacting with different lifestyles.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see!!

haitianobeisbol said:
Its a sad stereotype but in some cases its true and you're right, BUT whether its body odor or they have on too much cologne, Haitians somtimes stink. As for most of the Haitians back in Haiti, i can defend them in saying: If you were poor and the value of money isnt good down there plus a simple thing like deoderant cost alot, ADD the fact that many dont have running water and bathing may be once or twice a week and not everyday like we have the luxary to do, YOU WOULD STINK TOO. Am I right or wrong.

As for Haitians up here, i can tell you that if you smell the bad ones they are probably the ones that just came over here and brought the bad habits like not using deoderant after bathing and putting on too much aftershave.

1. Its not like a natural thing that you automatically stink if you are haitian. Bottom line BODY ODOR IS BODY ODOR no matter what race.

It goes without saying that SOME Haitians smell but show me a race that does not have this problem. I have come across some very "stinky" people in my lifetime and some were not even Haitians. I had the good fortune that when I put myself thru college, I got to know some of the nicest and cleanest Haitians that have ever lived. Jacque, Pierre, Lulu, Hanse, Ernest, Lucque, Timithy and their wives were very, very clean (ok, the wives sometimes went over board with the perfume).
In the meantime, I had a French and a dominican friend in college that we used to call them "the stabbing brothers". Why?, because every time they were around you, you thought that someone had "stab you with a sharp knife". Yes, the odor was that strong!!. I also have a Mexican compadre in Cancun (the nicest man) but every time he greets me with a hug, I can feel my life passing over me, I mean, how long can I hold my breath?. Has anybody been to India or Greece?. I am not saying that the whole population stinks, on the contrary, I am just saying that every country has it share of stinkos. Schit, I even met, not too long ago, a Pakistani that stinks like a "24/7 garbage truck", hehe. Just kidding my Pakistani's brother from another mother. Anybody cares to trade a dominican that lives across the street from a friend of mine?. It's like smelling a "fart bomb" (bomba de peo) every time he is around!!.
Haitianobeisbol, in my opinion, you have carried yourself in such a nice and mature manner that maybe some of us could learn something from you. Your parents should be very proud of you!!

Last edited:

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
miguel said:
It goes without saying that SOME Haitians smell but show me a race that does not have this problem. I have come across some very "stinky" people in my lifetime and some were not even Haitians. I had the good fortune that when I put myself thru college, I got to know some of the nicest and cleanest Haitians that have ever lived. Jacque, Pierre, Lulu, Hanse, Ernest, Lucque, Timithy and their wives were very, very clean (ok, the wives sometimes went over board with the perfume).
In the meantime, I had a French and a dominican friend in college that we used to call them "the stabbing brothers". Why?, because every time they were around you, you thought that someone had "stab you with a sharp knife". Yes, the odor was that strong!!. I also have a Mexican compadre in Cancun (the nicest man) but every time he greets me with a hug, I can feel my life passing over me, I mean, how long can I hold my breath?. Has anybody been to India or Greece?. I am not saying that the whole population stinks, on the contrary, I am just saying that every country has it share of stinkos. Anybody cares to trade a dominican that lives across the street from friend of mine?. It's like smelling a "fart bomb" (bomba de peo).
Haitianobeisbol, in my opinion, you have carried yourself in such a nice and mature manner that maybe some of us could learn something from you. Your parents should be very proud of you!!

Thanks alot. Its great to see nice people that understand what i mean. You backed up what i said and the world would be a lot nicer if everyone understood the facts that we posted. Its great i found a place like dr1.com where i can put my ideas out to people because i feel i have so many great thoughts up there in my head and i didnt know how or where i can share it.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
JDub said:
lol oye e'te loco

I dont find anything funny. I would assume "oye e'te loco" is proper spanish...some nerve. Learn how to pronounce your "S" and you'll probably wont sound like a campesino....

Haitianobeisbol,

I wish you good luck on your endeavors and continue being you...A young haitian living in america....I hope you make it and represent our country to the fullest...Most people on this site our ignorant but then again you'll find some really intelligent people here too....

My advice to you is speak how you want But make sure you can articulate your words properly when in a professional surrounding...in this case its only a forum so don't get all hung up and just "Do you"

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
haitianobeisbol said:

Haitian beisbol,

Its obvious that you are not aware of haitians but the ones in NYC. Let me tell you that you just stereotyped your people in a negative light.. There are educated haitians in Haiti to tell you the truth I didn't come know a poor haitian personally until I came to the USA. I hope you know that and are aware of that...and first love yourself and your people b4 admiring someone else culture....and keep swinging that bat....

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Quisqueya said:
I dont find anything funny. I would assume "oye e'te loco" is proper spanish...some nerve. Learn how to pronounce your "S" and you'll probably wont sound like a campesino....
Some people say such blatantly ridiculous things that all I can do is laugh at their ignorance and stupidity. It's easier for me to do that than to sit here and make a one page article stating the obvious.

So now we go from tellin people how to write in English to tellin people how to write in Spanish. This a public forum and if I wish to use Spanish or English slang, than I can do so Professor Quisqueya. If you ain't cool wit my slang, a mi k me importa. Wheneva you see my posts don't read them y ta to.

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
k lo k !!!

[I]So now we go from tellin people how to write in English to tellin people how to write in Spanish. This a public forum and if I wish to use Spanish or English slang, than I can do so Professor Quisqueya. If you ain't cool wit my slang, a mi k me importa. Wheneva you see my posts don't read them y ta to.[/QUOTE][/I]
Tu si 'ta jevi !!! jejeje

Nubeluz xxx

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Quisqueya said:
Haitian beisbol,

Its obvious that you are not aware of haitians but the ones in NYC. Let me tell you that you just stereotyped your people in a negative light.. There are educated haitians in Haiti to tell you the truth I didn't come know a poor haitian personally until I came to the USA. I hope you know that and are aware of that...and first love yourself and your people b4 admiring someone else culture....and keep swinging that bat....

Thanks but i didnt quite undertand what i said negative and im aware of Haitians
both here and down there. Of coarse the are educated people down there. (LOL) we were talkin about body odor and how ignorant that guy sounded. I said if you were too poor to buy deodarant then you would stink too.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Body odour, or body stink, is very subjective.... there are two people in my office that sneeze and wheeze everytime I walk past because of my aftershave. This same aftershave is the "stink" that attracted Cris to me when we first met. She loved the "stink" so much she married me! The two people in my office wouldn't say yes if I asked them to marry me.
My point? Look at the person and where they come from when you breathe in and take notice of their scent. Odour is one of the most powerful of the 5 senses. It identifies us as individuals... animals know this. And we really are animals in the larger picture. Too much perfume, or too little... musk or rose, sandlewood or Brute.... simply look at the person, and appreciate the difference between you and them. I loved the odour of the room we stayed in DR.. it was damp, salty, heavy, and it permeated my clothes for months after returning home. It was awesome, and I loved it!! I've read trip reports from people who mention the same odour who hate it! Everytime someone walks past me, I breath deeply to catch their scent. It's amazing the different impressions your nose and your eyes provide. Try it. You just might learn something.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Yup

Keith&Cris said:
Body odour, or body stink, is very subjective.... there are two people in my office that sneeze and wheeze everytime I walk past because of my aftershave. This same aftershave is the "stink" that attracted Cris to me when we first met. She loved the "stink" so much she married me! The two people in my office wouldn't say yes if I asked them to marry me.
My point? Look at the person and where they come from when you breathe in and take notice of their scent. Odour is one of the most powerful of the 5 senses. It identifies us as individuals... animals know this. And we really are animals in the larger picture. Too much perfume, or too little... musk or rose, sandlewood or Brute.... simply look at the person, and appreciate the difference between you and them. I loved the odour of the room we stayed in DR.. it was damp, salty, heavy, and it permeated my clothes for months after returning home. It was awesome, and I loved it!! I've read trip reports from people who mention the same odour who hate it! Everytime someone walks past me, I breath deeply to catch their scent. It's amazing the different impressions your nose and your eyes provide. Try it. You just might learn something.

Thats very true and scent is a very important sense.They didnt make those funny AXE deodarant commercials for nothing. I know the heavy, salty, saturated smell of DR from when i visited and i still remember it. LOL, i also still have a memory of the smell in haiti, i will never forget it and i am reminided even here somtimes in NYC. Its a mixture of burning coal( food from the street vendors) and goat/sheep/donkey CRAP! lol, it was all these farm animals just chillin on the streets of the mountain villages i visited. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.