Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
Stop trolling this thread people. If you think you're so smart and know it all, demonstrate your knowledge somewhere else. I am looking to meet friendly people on this message board who will help prepare me for life in the Caribbean as much as possible. I am an adult and can take care of myself and am not the least bit worried about my wellbeing.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Your 20 years old and an adult. You have an admitted drug problem. You bought a condo and have a job. Sorry I don't believe any of this crapola. Why would anyone in the DR want to hire you? What great talent do you have?

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
I already regret registering a name on this board....is everyone here a wiseass and a sceptic?

yes, im a daddy's boy he got me a job and bought a condo. anyone got a problem with that?

next please.

and i don't need talents with a UCLA degree, thanks

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I already regret registering a name on this board....is everyone here a wiseass and a sceptic?

yes, im a daddy's boy he got me a job and bought a condo. anyone got a problem with that?

next please.

and i don't need talents with a UCLA degree, thanks

Do you speak Spanish? What kind of job do you have? I am just curious.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Stop trolling this thread people. If you think you're so smart and know it all, demonstrate your knowledge somewhere else. I am looking to meet friendly people on this message board who will help prepare me for life in the Caribbean as much as possible. I am an adult and can take care of myself and am not the least bit worried about my wellbeing.

You should be worried about your wellbeing.

Let's get this on a better note.

If you want to meet friendly people on this message board who will help prepare you for a new life, you need to start listening.

Lets start with .. The DR is not a boy scout camp. You won't recognize an online troll if you saw one.

There are a few rules that you have to live by in order to maintain your life. We would hate to read on the board that daddy is having a hard time getting your butt out of jail. So, you wanna make friends .. listen first.

We asked you where - between Sosua and Puerto Plata. We ask you 'where' - in order to be able to tell you about the area. Dangerous? Not Dangerous? Need for transportation, etc etc.

We ask you what job? You will most probably need to work amongst Dominicans. Your attitude will have them ****ed off at you in seconds. And you really do not want to do that.

So, you need to give some information to get some. You need to make friends to get friends. Btw, welcome to DR1

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
that was a very good reply chris thank you

i dind't mean to come off as an arrogant kid with a bad attitude. It might just be what i am though, who knows.

I speak spanish, i need about a month to brush up and perfect it. It will be a an office job, dealing with my father's business matters. transportation could be an issue, so i will be loooking at buying a used car. I am less concerned with work and more concerned with 1. safety 2. making friends as quickly as possible 3. having the most amazing time.

keep em coming guys i really appreciate it.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, can we shoot some more quick wisdoms at the kid ...

1. Don't walk around with wads of money - Don't ever flash money.
2. Take off the jewellery (if you have any)
3. Start with living a simple life not filled with luxuries
4. Make sure your condo is very secure and don't forget to lock the doors
5. Don't go home drunk late at night by yourself
6. Don't try to buy weed.

What other don'ts?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
that was a very good reply chris thank you

i dind't mean to come off as an arrogant kid with a bad attitude. It might just be what i am though, who knows.

I speak spanish, i need about a month to brush up and perfect it. It will be a an office job, dealing with my father's business matters. transportation could be an issue, so i will be loooking at buying a used car. I am less concerned with work and more concerned with 1. safety 2. making friends as quickly as possible 3. having the most amazing time.

keep em coming guys i really appreciate it.
Safety will depend completely on where your condo is located.
Somewhere between POP and Sosua is a big space, and some places are secure, others not, so to get proper advice, we'd have to know where exactly, and then we can suggest what measures, if any, need to be taken.
I have some condos in a secure complex, so we limit ourselves to just making sure the windows and doors are closed and locked and watch who we invite in.
In other areas, you might want a nasty dog, but that may be difficult in a condo.
Sometimes bars are needed, sometimes a watchman.
And then, there are places that are simply a lost cause, that no matter how hard you try to prepare properly, they will still rob you.
As some of us have been living on the North coast for a long time, we will surely be able to make the right suggestions, once we know where it is.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

What other don'ts?
Don't become friends with the first motoconcho driver who acts like he always wants to help you.
Do not invite anyone into your condo, until you have known them for a while and are sure they are trustworthy.
Do not do anything you wouldn't do in your hometown, that might put you at risk.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh yes, almost forgot to say ... ignore all the private mail you have in your box telling you how bad the people are on this board ... and how they can help you. Be very very sure who you are dealing with.

If it is not here, out in public, don't trust it - especially if you are a new and young 'un.

Like Rocky says, the people are very very friendly. And you'll fall in love with all of them. But do check them out first, before you invite them in.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Never bring a puta into your home. Stay away from deportees. Find out what Dominicans pay before overpaying for everything.

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
these are great guys keep em coming.

i don't know the exact location of the condo. if it helps, it's close to Fun City (which is where ill be working)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mi turno.....

What other don'ts?
7- Don't believe EVERY SINGLE THING people tell you.
8- Conduct yourself in a respectful manner.
9- When going out with friends, DO NOT pay for everything all the time.
10- If looking for a decent girl, stay away from the bars, discos, carwashes and colmadones.
11- If looking for a "professional" for a "good time", follow # 10.
12- Don't make people believe you have mucho money.
13- DO NOT SHOW-OFF
14- You WILL be judge by the company you keep, therefore, pick your friends VERY CAREFULLY.
15- Treat EVERYBODY with respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
16- DO NOT BADMOUTH THE DR AND IT'S PEOPLE if things are not going your way!.
17- When sending someone to the colmado, DO NOT expect to get your change back!!!. Wahahahahahahaha!!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.