Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you keep your wits about you, and don't act like a surfer dude, and accept that the cops are about 1000% worse than the LA cops, you'll have the best time of your life ever!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Especialmente......

Oh yes, almost forgot to say ... ignore all the private mail you have in your box telling you how bad the people are on this board ... and how they can help you. Be very very sure who you are dealing with.
Especially the one from those "Cartoon Characters" telling you how mucho malo "Miguelito" is.

Don't listen to them, I am a little Saint, hahahahahaha!!.

Christa, I swear, I was thinking the same thing!.

You know, too bad he came to us one day before leaving.

If he would've given us a week, the first thing out of his mouth, after landing at the airport, would have been " Oye papa', que e', consigueme un carro que me lleve a come' yuca y pollo al carbon y una bieeeeen fria". Wahahahahahah!!.

Last edited:
C

Chip00

I just hope you (the OP stays) away from the drugs for his own good. Getting involved with the wrong people here could be bad news.

What may give one a sense of security from the law in the States are the respect given to personal rights and due process by the law enforcement agencies there. However, here is another story altogether - these "rights" can be conveniently discarded by the police here when needed. In other words if word gets out, even a lie that you are dealing, it could be a bullet in the back of the head for you. Yes, I'm sure your father has connections here but that won't help you after the fact. I'm not saying that this a foregone conclusion but there is certainly a much larger chance that something bad will happen to you here than in the States.

Therefore, stick to the rum and beer as they are cheap and very good quality.

Also, be careful who you are dealing with here. There are going to be lots of Tigueres in the coastal areas and you should be able to see them a mile away. If they perceive that you have something you want they will target you. The more bling they have and the more they talk about how many women they have the more likely they are no trustworthy. Granted, Dominican men typically talk about how many women they have but you'll learn quick what I'm talking about.

Also, refrain from staying out late, especially by yourself in unfamiliar areas.

Finally, it appears you have some Dominican heritage so please pay attention and try to value the customs of the people here. Quite honestly you come off somewhat arrogant in you're posts but here in the DR this really won't fly. It is not uncommon for young adults, even in their 20's to be publically scolded by elders if they act smart in public. Not only that everybody here usually knows everybody else and if people at the local colmado are talking about you don't be that surprised if your condo is targeted by thieves.

The DR has many things going for it and I'd say at the top of the list are the friendly people, great weather and yes, very attractive women. Life here can be good if one uses common sense.

suerte

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You know, I envy this kid. I wish my dad had dropped me in the DR when I was 20 with no responsibilities. (Instead he dropped me in Zimbabwe ...)
You and me both, but even Zimbabwe would have been better than living in a super freezer called Canada.

PS: Very nice post, Chip.

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
the reason i came off arrogant in my posts is because i was extremely dissatisfied with the first 10 posts or so which to me came off as trolling. that is now behind us.

the last 20 posts or so have been gems guys, thanks a lot. granted that i understand that it is important to respect people's culture and stuff, but its good to hear that just for reinforcement.

Yes, it's called star hill! i can't believe i couldn't remember that

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like ya!

short memory loss caused by weed will be lifted once our new friend is here with no dope... :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

i actually LIKE this dude!

don't ever buy drugs in DR - police shoots before asking questions - LITERALLY.

you can get a dog fairly easily. i would not count on pure breed but if you settle for a big half mestizo maniac you can get them at a vet - people leave unwanted puppies/dogs there, not to mention that vets know where to get breed dogs...
star hills are very close to POP - come in and say hello! :bunny:

stay away from dominican people until you get some idea about dominican reality and get to understand who's nice AND sneaky as opposed to nice AND honest. dominicans are terrific people - but stay away from helpful monoconchistas, taxi drivers and other chopos. you will find soon enough what we mean...

i second chris and miguel - don't flash cash and carry yourself well. maybe even pretend to be stupid and "no espanol" - you have a right to be sneaky too.... ;)

POP is a dump so you may consider going to sosua/cabaret/playa dorada for fun and girls.

car? wait until you get some grip on DR life - go to santiago, it's cheaper off the coast. and take a dominican buddy with you (NOT a chopo) to guide you through so that you don't get ripped off.

who said: "make sure what dominicans pay and pay the same?"
treat it as a gospel.

you'll be just fine dude. but no weed! :tired:

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
hey thanks dr

what are chopos? also, what is POP? i think im straight with everything else, boarding in like 4 hours or something

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hey thanks dr

what are chopos? also, what is POP? i think im straight with everything else, boarding in like 4 hours or something
POP is short for Puerto Plata.
Chopo is a local word that I don't know the exact meaning of, but on the negative side, like, "jerk", for example.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He Most Likely Won't Last Long Here!

If these posts are not just some well know "Puppet"!
How come his dad can buy him a "Condo",get him a "Job",but not buy him a new car??
This "Can't be for real!
CRIS COLON CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Security etc

Take all the advice on this board very seriously. Get a hidden camera system and test anyone that might come into your condo. When possible use the cabanas and dont bring people home. Avoid driving at night. Avoid any girl that may be underaged. Get down to the Santiago as much as possible.

If your situation is really true, many are jealous! Take it slow, dont party too hard too fast.

cuas

May 29, 2006
It remind me many years ago when they first started the Registro Electoral, one of my co-worker was the son of a big funcionario. He was put to work because he was partying every night. His father's driver had to pick him up, had to wait until he gets up, take a good shower for the hangover and drop him at the workplace. Sometimes he had dark glasses on to hide his red eyes. Then at the end of the work day the driver was there to take the baby home.

When they started sending people home I was the first to be fired because i did not have a padrino.

This 20 years will have no problems. Daddy will take care of him and maybe he will have a driving babysitter to keep him out of trouble. It seems that his father is shipping him to DR because of his drug addiction and it is the first thing he is looking for.

caligreen420

May 18, 2007
My dad is not aware of my drug problem. The reason im moving is cuz he'll be living there and i've seen him 3 times in the past 6 years, plus my mom and I don't get along.

I don't plan to party on weekdays, maybe a bottle of rum and a nice girl in a jacuzzi.

chris colon, don't ever post in my threads again, ill do the same for you. You have the worst posting style ever.

tell me more about underaged girls. i met some when i was on vacation, jailbait's hot. are they serious about it? can you have a relationship with a 17 year old.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
tell me more about underaged girls. i met some when i was on vacation, jailbait's hot. are they serious about it? can you have a relationship with a 17 year old.
Geez Dude.
I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and cut you a break.
Now we've gone from drugs, to wanting underage chicas?
And you say your dad is unaware of your drug problem?
You don't think he night read this thread one day?
Man.... I don't mind helping those who help themselves, but you sound like an accident waiting to happen.
You have to clean up your act or get out, because that shyte won't fly in the DR.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006

I'd stay off this topic and away from the underage girls if I were you! This might be the DR, but it still doesn't mean that the underage women here are to be exploited and abused any more than in your 'home' country. You could end up in your jacuzzi with what you think is a 17 year old, only to find she's 13 which could get you in an awful lot of trouble! And that's all I'm going to say on the subject before I get carried away.......... ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

You should know that first of all we aren't allowed to have these discussions on this site because it attracts perverts and you should also know that you can be charged in your own country as a predator if someone reports you.

Sorry Christa didn't mean to step in there ;)

What time is this kid getting on the plane anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.