linkedin sharing button

email sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

533040c4f3845fcfd20fdd4f83820039.jpeg

THE HOTEL WILL BE OPERATIONAL FROM NEXT OCTOBER

Maintains solid occupancy projections in the face of a rebound in travel
flecha.jpg
It is the first project of the Island Reserve brand in the country

George Feliz, president of Karisma Hotels & Resorts for the Dominican Republic, explained that after the announcement of the Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana, scheduled to open its doors in October 2021, the occupancy projections seem solid with the great rebound in travel.
“We expect bookings to replace those recorded in 2019 and 2020 at other resorts in the destination,” he added.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It does amaze me how all of these hotels do basically the same thing and I begin to wonder whether there will be enough tourists this coming winter to fill them all.

Reactions: drstock and aarhus

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
What surprises me is that I suppose most of the guests live in apartments or houses cheek by jowl in some suburb somewhere and they take a holiday where they are even closer to others after being packed like sardines on a tourist plane .. not my idea of relaxing.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The title of the tread caught my eye....I was at Margritaville in Hilton Head South Carolina (USA) just yesterday as I do business in that area. Over 55 y.o. location that is hugely successful. Throughout the southern tier of the south (USA) its' brand is widely known. They will do very well in the DR in my opinion.
May not be everyone...but it will be for the "party people" from the states. Big time.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I had a look through some of their reviews. They only clean their rooms and provide new towels once every 3 days "due to Covid", they have decided that fabulous money-saving technique can be implemented "to limit staff interaction with guests". PMSL. Of course the same guests are free to sit 3 inches from each other on sunbeds, dance in the disco together and all touch the same tongs in the buffet.

I just wish we could have something genuinely different.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I had a look through some of their reviews. They only clean their rooms and provide new towels once every 3 days "due to Covid", they have decided that fabulous money-saving technique can be implemented "to limit staff interaction with guests". PMSL. Of course the same guests are free to sit 3 inches from each other on sunbeds, dance in the disco together and all touch the same tongs in the buffet.

I just wish we could have something genuinely different.
But, this is what the customers want to hear, "Protocol". The hotels didn't invent "the fabulous money-saving technique"...gubments did. Margararitaville is not all about about guest spending5-6 days there. Sales of units.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
If the picture is any indication of the actual size of the beach, I predict plenty of beachside fights over sunbed availability.
Somebody mentioned its size.
With a little over 200 rooms plus some villas it is actually a lot smaller than most of the Beach resorts in the area but it has crammed those rooms into a much smaller area.
Avarice on steroids.
Is it all inclusive?
They seem to be trumpeting their free daily breakfast in all the advertisements?
Anyway...
The look of the place does not impress me. I see cheap and cheesy and I shed a little tear or two for what was once a charming little beach (Juanillo), natural pool and all.

Reactions: bonao99

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If the picture is any indication of the actual size of the beach, I predict plenty of beachside fights over sunbed availability.
Somebody mentioned its size.
With a little over 200 rooms plus some villas it is actually a lot smaller than most of the Beach resorts in the area but it has crammed those rooms into a much smaller area.
Avarice on steroids.
Is it all inclusive?
They seem to be trumpeting their free daily breakfast in all the advertisements?
Anyway...
The look of the place does not impress me. I see cheap and cheesy and I shed a little tear or two for what was once a charming little beach (Juanillo), natural pool and all.
I agree with cheap and cheesy. That won't stop the" he haw giddy-up crowd" from the states. Most don't know what "not cheep and cheesy " looks right.I predict they will do fine.

Reactions: Big

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Juanillo is an enormously long beach which has already been destroyed by three or four hotels further north on the beach than this monstrosity. I was at Hard Rock yesterday and saw the enormous developments there along the first nine holes of the golf course. It is like Honolulu 50 years ago with wall to wall hotel developments along every beach and golf course. I wonder where the water and electricity will come from for thousands of new apartments.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Juanillo is an enormously long beach which has already been destroyed by three or four hotels further north on the beach than this monstrosity. I was at Hard Rock yesterday and saw the enormous developments there along the first nine holes of the golf course. It is like Honolulu 50 years ago with wall to wall hotel developments along every beach and golf course. I wonder where the water and electricity will come from for thousands of new apartments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought PC, Bavaro, and Verona were self sufficient and off the EDE-whatever grid.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Okay then...
I stand corrected on the "little" in my comment.
Back in the day we would drive past the Punta Cana Beach Resort, about 1/2 a mile and turn (no choice end of the road) to the left towards the coast.
Arriving at the water there seemed to be some sort of tiny run down marina and pier, turned right and voila...Juanillo Beach.
A few small homes, not much of anything else.
There was a tiny natural pool off the beach. (Saona lite)
The local kids would come running and spend a few hours hanging out.
I didn't realize that it encompassed such a long stretch.
It goes to show that everyday can present an opportunity to learn something new.
Thanks for that.
I still shed a little tear or two.

Reactions: Kipling333

Big

Apr 24, 2019
just keep the troughs full at the all-u-can eat feeding stations and the rum and soda (notice I said soda and not coke, # 19 soda is cheaper) flowing and the crowds with mullet hair cuts and crocs will be in heaven. Every fork lift operator and union cashier will come from near and far.

Reactions: Nadie21 and johne

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What surprises me is that I suppose most of the guests live in apartments or houses cheek by jowl in some suburb somewhere and they take a holiday where they are even closer to others after being packed like sardines on a tourist plane .. not my idea of relaxing.

Thinking of a vacation with family, yes, I fully agree with you... In the past year, we've started to do short holidays (we live in POP) renting houses with large private pools (and a large yard)... As a family, I also don't really see us going to any hotel where the only private space we have is a room and everything outdoors is shared... We love to see the kids playing on the yard and on the pool with total freedom (of course, we supervise them non-stop but still...), and that would not be possible in a hotel...

When I was a kid and we went to holiday, we only once went to AI and the only reason we did was that the destination did not have any options and we wanted to go nowhere else at that point in time... Other than that, whenever we went to a holiday, always at least a townhouse type of thing with decent amount of private space...

Reactions: Kipling333

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
flyinroom. I yearn for those days also ..When Cap Cana was still a quiet place and Bayahibe-Dominicus was a sleepy place and it seemed as half of la Romana was on Dominicus Beach on a Sunday. But I think that up along the North Coast ,things are only a little better. NSP ..if only Veron was just a little bit like Verona !!! Veron is like a dogs breakfast!!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
just keep the troughs full at the all-u-can eat feeding stations and the rum and soda (notice I said soda and not coke, # 19 soda is cheaper) flowing and the crowds with mullet hair cuts and crocs will be in heaven. Every fork lift operator and union cashier will come from near and far.
o_O
Whatchoo talkin' about?
I drink my rum with soda and a squeeze of limon.
Much less sugary sweet than the coke.
Far more sophisticated.
It had nothing, at all, to do with the price.
I don't have a mullet or own a pair of crocs.
And I'm not fork lift operator or a union cashier.
So there.
;)

Reactions: Paris

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Seems like a bit of snobbery here. Not all forklift drivers or union cashiers are bad people. People with mullets - not so sure! :giggle:
But remember the DR has always been a low-cost destination.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
DR is a low cost destination?? I presume you mean the cheap AI hotels or some places in fairly sordid places and they are certainly low-cost but the prices at very good hotels here are at the same level as Bahamas and other Caribbean islands . If you live here the only things that are low cost are labor, fruit and vegetables..

Reactions: Paris

Paris

Banned
Aug 28, 2021
Texas
Building costs, even with the newest Covid-19 cost increases is still much less than in first world countries. Rent can be incredibly cheap. Transportation, if you can convince yourself not to purchase a vehicle is dirt cheap. The odd time that I need a truck I pay a friend, of a friend, or relative to drive their vehicle, and that costs peanuts...plantanos LOL.

Living like a drunken, hooker chasing, tourist on vacation or someone that insists on buying only or mostly imported goods, THAT costs big money. Living more like a local, eating fresh nutritious food in season, taking public transportation and walking, renting your accommodation is, can be and should be, a LOT cheaper. A fraction of the price of living in the USA....or Canada or most of Europe or any 1st World country. I can live much better, much healthier than back home and it's still cheaper. What am I missing?

Reactions: johne