Hiring Expats for Work From Home M-F

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I had no idea how far this would go but as soon as the religion issue came into play i could only think of of one scenario and it's called leap of faith with Steve Martin.

Are you ready for a Miracle !

‪Leap of Faith best route to salvation‬‏ - YouTube

The holly rollers need to watch this !

I will enjoy the vodka tonics starting tomorrow with organic lemons

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
We all know the scam, it is a good one if you can keep on moving, there are a lot of them here, and these guys have a circuit, 2 months, move on, 2 months move on, then come around again once it's gone quiet with a different site. We've had a couple try it here over the last year, but DR1 are wise to it and not alot get through you lot, even legit stuff gets roasted here, lol.
I agree that a genuine business would be hard stretched to go from selling rosaries, crosses and holy water to handcuffs, stun guns and Baretta 92's, doesn't seem right for some reason although nuns these days........................

All speculation, this guy could be absolutely legit and just winding you guys up, infact there is a good chance of that the way everyone jumped on, who knows, who cares:smoke:

Actually, the point is that he isn't IN the D.R. at all... he's just "hiring" folks in the D.R. to work his websites.

Also, if I'm not confusing this thread with another, the O.P. somewhere mentioned being familiar with the legal process and that he was/is involved in several cases. A peek at those documents might REALLY prove to be some interesting reading!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I wsn't aware the guy wasn't in the country, I figured since he wanted people in Sosua to train, he was in Sosua to train them.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Though I have no intention of working for this person nor purchasing from the website, I am curious as to read more about the labor law side of this. Can you post the name of the previous thread so I can read what was written before I post more questions here?
It's quite simple: any company doing any business in the DR...and that includes hiring people working from their home in the DR...must be properly incorporated or registered and must abide by the prevailing commercial laws including labor.

The OP is under the impression that because he is not physically IN the DR those laws do not apply to him. However, by law, he cannot even legally solicit for employees in the DR as acompany if not legally registered.

He thinks the laws don't apply to him.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's quite simple: any company doing any business in the DR...and that includes hiring people working from their home in the DR...must be properly incorporated or registered and must abide by the prevailing commercial laws including labor.

The OP is under the impression that because he is not physically IN the DR those laws do not apply to him. However, by law, he cannot even legally solicit for employees in the DR as acompany if not legally registered.

He thinks the laws don't apply to him.

I will never hire again in the DR and I have only used one half of one lemon tonight...it's early !

I actually pay $10/hr and have had mixed results but overall I have been very successful and one person made enough to return to the U.S and I am hiring her cousin this week

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
~Enlightened1

~Why don't you do yourself and us a favor and just answer the question????

~Are you incorporated in the DR and do you comply with Dominican labor laws and pay tax revenues to the DR government...like all ligit DR business people...its a very simply question...

:ermm:

I demand to see his birth certificate now.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
no, what we need is for the season to start so that we can have more heartbreak tales on the sankie forum

but, yeah, a break in the weather would mean we could all get out to the pool!

Oh God....is it time for that again??? LOL We're just getting through with all of the campo pregnancies!

SHALENA

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
He said once he lives in Kansas, but according to his website he isn't in Kansas anymore. He is in New Hampshire, so you the buyer don't have to pay sales tax. Doesn't seem to kow that businesses on the internet don't charge sales taxes.
Der Fish
Sales tax should be charged if either the sender or receiver are located in a sales tax state. NJ in the past has audited UPS and FedEx shipping records from non-sales tax states and taxed the recipients for unpaid sales/use tax. For many business who buy supplies from out of state this was big bucks they owed. The shipper from a non-tax state doesn't have any problem, but the recipients have to prove they paid a tax.

john04

Sep 20, 2011
I am very interested in your job offer please let me know what i must do, my name is Juan hernandez and I live in santiago Email is john_uno@hotmail.com home phone -809-241-9313 cel-829-855-7161

john04

Sep 20, 2011
Looking for work

I am very interested in your job offer please let me know what i must do, my name is Juan hernandez and I live in santiago Email is john_uno@hotmail.com home phone -809-241-9313 cel-829-855-7161