Home Grown Pi?a

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can buy a lot of vegetable, and flower seeds here.
Super Mercado National, and others sell seeds.
Departamentos Americana, next to IKEA on Kennedy has a big garden dept!
I brought cilantro seeds from USA, they grow great, IF you can keep "Your Dominicans" from harvesting it all, it will re-seed forever.
If you have no seeds you can just plant the "Cilatro, and cilantrico, plants from the produce dept.
Plant some "ALOE", then get out of the way!CCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Came across this today, most of these are very, very easy to grow. Be careful with oregano and mint though, put them in pot - if they go in the ground they will take over everything!

941741_380766575365353_768988870_n.jpg

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Ever cut off the top of a carrot and watch it grow new greens? NO new carrot, but the green part up above.

No, but I once planted radishes and some underground critter got a belly full. When I pulled the tops, all that was left were the leaves!:D

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Yay !!!
It's that time of the year again. Temps at about 26 degrees and lots of sun in the forecast for the next few weeks.
Some are lucky and have four growing seasons and a great big back yard.....
Some ..not so much.
But hey....I do love urban living and yesterday my balcony got the sweep down. All the flower boxes have been dragged out of storage.
Some herbs, I buy the baby plant and others I plant from seed.
The plants will be thyme, rosemary, chives, mint (and lots of it...gets its own big pot), and maybe some cilantro.
I have started doing my basil (purple and green) and my Italian parsley from seed so that I can have a streaming supply.
The color scheme this year is going to be purple and pink with flashy lime green and white accents.
Just saying.