home invasion

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
There are usually signs that lead up to a home invasion. Most of the time there are drugs, drug money, or jewlery cash or a small safe, electronics. guns or a potential for a ransom. I worked as a security contractor in Afghanistan and Africa for four years here are some tips I picked up from experience

There is always an inside person giving intelligence. Your maid could be in cahoots with the robbers or her daughter is screwing a street thug and hears your maid talking how you pay them or how much money you have or how stupid you are with money etc.

You had work done at the house. Most people dont think to ask a home improvement company how long they have known the workers, are they family people, do they know the families etc. Some companies will do work for very cheap just to gather intel on your security patterns in your house pets etc.

Never let your dogs out around strangers, better to think they are killers rather than not.

Crown your walls with broken glass lay planks studded with nails behind shrubs low key defenses will stop an invasion cold.

It is wise to have an inner security door in the hallway leading to where you sleep. Lock it at night and then open it in the morning.

If you dont believe in firearms or defending yourself pay the money to get a trained attack dog. I like dobermans they are fast and effective. Shepards are great defense dogs also.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, At the risk of offending someone the Doberman Pinscher is not effective as a service dog. The term "attack" has not been used by trained professional K-9 folks since the 1980's. While Dobermans have some deterrent effect based on their looks they are not used by either Police or Military. The reason is that they do not take a full mouth bite which is what brings a subject down and very difficult to train in tracking. The best breed for protection work is a Malinois followed by GSD. If someone wants a properly trained service dog contact Belgianank as he is one of two qualified trainers in the DR.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
find the vulnerable access points to your property & boobytrap them
broken glass or used siringes tipped with hiv, cyanide or botulism
the word will get around very quickly
dont mess with them
lol

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I hear service dog I think of a dog walking around with blind people. LOL. Dobermans are out of style I still like them and would reccomend them. I have had two and they are wonderful animals. The US bred dobermans are not aggressive like the Europeans and are currently more suited for being companion dogs.

To each his own.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I ve seen guys use empty half coconuts to go over a wall with glass on top. So I ve taken to pit digging and stake planting as a hobby ( on the other side of the wall of course) but somehow I guess its only a moral booster more than anything else.... time will tell.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
Um... seriously? HIV syringes? Broken glass is great if used in the right places, but what do you do when they come in through your front door?

the idea is to stop them reaching the door

find the vulnerable access points