Hotel/resort recommendation?

Daisy.Chain

Jun 26, 2018
Hi! I'm looking for a hotel/resort in Santo Domingo within taxi distance of SDQ (preferably with a shuttle). My priorities are clean beds and food included. I don't care about night life, drinks, or even the scenery too much.

I stayed at several about 10 years ago, but I've been out of the area

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
I suggest you use booking.com or a comparable booking website (y)
It shows very extensive range and reviews

Daisy.Chain

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks. I'm checking it but can't find all-inclusive on the site! I always just stay with family now and am out of touch with which hotels are best :( I was hoping someone closer might now a place in Boca Chica or Santo Domingo!

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
The Best Boca Chica All-inclusive Resorts - Free Cancellation on Select All-inclusive Resorts in Boca Chica | Expedia

You get what you pay for at any one of the above resorts, They all are a bit out dated and no longer sparkle.

Attention to details and white glove cleanliness are not their strongest asset.

All-inclusive is what they advertise.

Las Palmeras by Graziano, Boca Chica – Updated 2021 Prices (booking.com) does not appear to be all-inclusive but there is a restaurant on site and others close by.
(19) Boca Chica Beach, Dominican Republic | August 2020 - YouTube

Home ~ Boca Beach Hotel Santo Domingo (bocabeachresidencehotel.com)
Mentions all-inclusive package under Special Offers

NOW BREAKFAST INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE ROOMS. Still the best place to stay in Boca-Chica. | Hotel Garant & Suites | Louis-Marie Garant
Very Clean. I stayed here before.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The Best Boca Chica All-inclusive Resorts - Free Cancellation on Select All-inclusive Resorts in Boca Chica | Expedia

You get what you pay for at any one of the above resorts, They all are a bit out dated and no longer sparkle.

Attention to details and white glove cleanliness are not their strongest asset.

All-inclusive is what they advertise.

Las Palmeras by Graziano, Boca Chica – Updated 2021 Prices (booking.com) does not appear to be all-inclusive but there is a restaurant on site and others close by.
(19) Boca Chica Beach, Dominican Republic | August 2020 - YouTube

Home ~ Boca Beach Hotel Santo Domingo (bocabeachresidencehotel.com)
Mentions all-inclusive package under Special Offers

NOW BREAKFAST INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE ROOMS. Still the best place to stay in Boca-Chica. | Hotel Garant & Suites | Louis-Marie Garant
Very Clean. I stayed here before.
I second the Garant.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I would suggest that you stay in the Colonial Zone. There are some lovely hotels (admittedly I own one so I'm bound to say that), but there is honestly something for every budget and a lot of them do food. And there are a wide range of eating and drinking options in the Colonial Zone outside the hotel, so whatever you fancy eating you can find it. Boca Chica can be sleazy especially at night, and it's absolutely hopeless if the weather isn't good. There's always plenty you can do in the Colonial Zone and most hotels have pools or jacuzzis if you just want to flop.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Hi! I'm looking for a hotel/resort in Santo Domingo within taxi distance of SDQ (preferably with a shuttle). My priorities are clean beds and food included. I don't care about night life, drinks, or even the scenery too much.

I stayed at several about 10 years ago, but I've been out of the area
Jaragua is great right on the malecon walking distance to colonial zone. Food ok. Clean and nice pool area.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
If you go the extra distance to Juan Dolio I think you might find something that fits your needs/desires.