How can a Dominican go live in Europe or Canada?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Please post it when you get the visa for him.

I haven't heard of anyone coming to Canada on a conjoint visa so it would be helpful info to have for future reference,

Thanks and good luck

colibri

Sep 15, 2004
I personally know a couple that has immigrated in Quebec that way (without being married). They both made the request on their own. The man was rejected because of his age (more than 40), but the woman was accepted. Since they were "conjoints", they both could go. If one is accepted, the other is too. They finally got married in Qu?bec, but only because they wanted to adopt a child.

I am trying to go to Qu?bec with a work permit first. In that case, my boyfriend can also come, with a visa. But he will have to get his own permit there I think. But if that doesn't work, we will probably get married in Europe in a couple of months. Then we'll see if we want to stay in Europe, or if we want to go to Canada, if we are accepted of course.

We'll see...

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
As far as immigration goes..Canada facilitates indepedent immigration for those people who are in a field which is needed in Canada..the higher the skill the better chance...
The person must have some level of French or English...must prove that infact they went to school for their field and that they wont become dependent on public assistance...
I also know a couple who went to Montral un a conjoint Visa...they had to prove that they infact had been living together..show photos,bills,engagement ring ext ext...the more proof the better
and after 4 months he got his visa

As far as tourist visas Go..Europe is way easier than Canada..Canada has a high level of refusal for tourist visas in the DR..unless the person can prove he has strong ties to his country..like well paying job,loads of money in banks,Properties such as Car,House and Land ext ext

wishing you all the best..and please post your results

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
colibri said:
I personally know a couple that has immigrated in Quebec that way (without being married). They both made the request on their own. The man was rejected because of his age (more than 40), but the woman was accepted. Since they were "conjoints", they both could go. If one is accepted, the other is too. They finally got married in Qu?bec, but only because they wanted to adopt a child.

But you can't look at Quebec as really part of Canada's immigration system, as Quebec has its own immigration board. In some parts of the world they even have there own consulates. In a nut shell, Quebec's lacking only sovereignty.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
JC171 said:
As far as immigration goes..Canada facilitates indepedent immigration for those people who are in a field which is needed in Canada..the higher the skill the better chance.

But related to a family class immigration question this is off the point. Conjugal or married are treated the same without qualification, including LICO. The definition of a conjugal relationship is interesting, worth reading.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
gougeonit said:
In some parts of the world they even have there own consulates. In a nut shell, Quebec's lacking only sovereignty.

Since Quebec can't have consuls where are these consulates and what do they do? Name say three countries with Quebec consulates. What nonsense.

They administer their immigration program, however they are not a country with consuls and passports and the like.

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Since Quebec can't have consuls where are these consulates and what do they do? Name say three countries with Quebec consulates. What nonsense.

They administer their immigration program, however they are not a country with consuls and passports and the like.

The Government of Quebec has worldwide:

6 general delegations: Brussels, London,Mexico City, Paris, Tokyo, NYC.
4 delegation(government offices)
9 government bureaus-3 of which are immigration specific;Vienna, Damascus, Hong Kong,
6 trade branches
3 business offices
As I said in my previous post that sovereignty notwithstanding they are but for rubber stamping by the feds, there own system.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
And no consulates because they are not a nation. Nuff said.

BC and Ontario have similar offices in other countries.

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
ricktoronto said:
And no consulates because they are not a nation. Nuff said.

BC and Ontario have similar offices in other countries.

I think you mean embassies, I could set up my own consulate if I wanted.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
gougeonit said:
I think you mean embassies, I could set up my own consulate if I wanted.

Even though Quebec has limited control over immigration, when you immigrate you apply through a CANADIAN EMBASSY. Get it.

G

gary short

According to media, in British Columbia, there is such a need for trades people, that work is avaliable right away, and within 10 months you can have landed imigrant status. There is an influx of workers from Central America, and the Philippines now. The provincial government along with major contractors are travelling to Europe on a recruitment drive. I'm sure if you're a professional, nurse or tradesperson you're in. Just apply in B.C. although federal rules apply, the prov gov is freaking out because of no manpower.

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
Quebec's power under the Canada/Quebec Accord 1991

bob saunders said:
Even though Quebec has limited control over immigration, when you immigrate you apply through a CANADIAN EMBASSY. Get it.

Quebec has more power that you realise Bob. Here let me spell it out to you folks, so that we get this misunderstanding out of the way.

CANADA/QUEBEC ACCORD 1991
Under the CQA the province of Quebec has SOLE responsibility for selecting all independent immigrants and refugees abroad who wish to settle in Quebec.
People who are selected receive a "Certifiat de selection du Quebec" and the Province advise the visa office responsible CIC(Canada Immigration...) then issues a immigration visa to those who have met all other requirements, such as medical, security and criminal checks. Yes you can put your paperwork/application in at a Canadian embassy, but if your wish is reside in Quebec.....

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
gary short said:
According to media, in British Columbia, there is such a need for trades people, that work is avaliable right away, and within 10 months you can have landed imigrant status. There is an influx of workers from Central America, and the Philippines now. The provincial government along with major contractors are travelling to Europe on a recruitment drive. I'm sure if you're a professional, nurse or tradesperson you're in. Just apply in B.C. although federal rules apply, the prov gov is freaking out because of no manpower.

In the tar sands of Fort Mc Murray Alberta, they are so desperate for trades people that they are giving longevity bonus; if you work at the tar sands driving one of those big dump trucks for a period of five years they will give up to a hundred grand bonus. people working at Mc donalds up there are getting fifteen dollars an hour!

G

gary short

gougeonit said:
In the tar sands of Fort Mc Murray Alberta, they are so desperate for trades people that they are giving longevity bonus; if you work at the tar sands driving one of those big dump trucks for a period of five years they will give up to a hundred grand bonus. people working at Mc donalds up there are getting fifteen dollars an hour!
Ever been to Fort Mc Murray?

G

gary short

My point being thats one cold inhospitable place but what do I now, I'm from the Canadian tropics, Vancouver.

The Baduss

Aug 22, 2005
I just love when threads are full of negative posts from people that have no clue of how the process works and then finally someone comes along and posts the proper information.

Good Luck with the process, please post your results thank you.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
gougeonit said:
Quebec has more power that you realise Bob. Here let me spell it out to you folks, so that we get this misunderstanding out of the way.

CANADA/QUEBEC ACCORD 1991
Under the CQA the province of Quebec has SOLE responsibility for selecting all independent immigrants and refugees abroad who wish to settle in Quebec.
People who are selected receive a "Certifiat de selection du Quebec" and the Province advise the visa office responsible CIC(Canada Immigration...) then issues a immigration visa to those who have met all other requirements, such as medical, security and criminal checks. Yes you can put your paperwork/application in at a Canadian embassy, but if your wish is reside in Quebec.....
So after reading your above statement, who issues the visa (CIC) Immigration Canada. Quebec selects them, the federal immigration system..ie the embassy staff decide whether they get to come. You need to read the whole thing.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
gougeonit said:

They need to be paid that, due to the cost of housing. It's all relevant. Calgary, as well, is desperately seeking workers. There is tons of money to be made in my city, and the cost of living is much lower, climate much better.

My husband and I have a plan to put his sister through University to become a nurse and bring her here. Even if she has to upgrade a little here, it will be worth it, as she will be in high demand.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm waiting to see what changes the new government will bring in.

I'll post it when I know. ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Bring her here first as a student.....

trina said:
My husband and I have a plan to put his sister through University to become a nurse and bring her here. Even if she has to upgrade a little here, it will be worth it, as she will be in high demand.

Then she won't have to upgrade....will have a better knowledge of the language(and an easier time learning it well) and can start earning right away!
It would also probably be easier to get a visa for her this way......