I am now a flogging Blogger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Keith R said:
Well, maybe you should think about it. You show potential, and I'm betting you have alot of interesting perspectives, insights to impart to an audience beyond DR1. And no, I'm not BSing.

Regards,
Keith
I set it up to go onto RSS is you have that. Not 100% sure what it does or how it does it but you can find my blog there.

Maybe Robert will put them up for MY Yahoo also. Don't know how that works either.

One fellow who I corresponded with via email for several months said he was going to offer my thoughts for sale on the internet as content and when I said I wouldnt know where to start he said "you have already started doing email back and forth". Ah who knows. My mother took such pride when ever she was published. Hell DR1 gives us all our ability to be published and read by a large audience.

Thanks again or the kind words,
Escott

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
Escott said:
Ok, I did it. Started my own blog.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying writing it.

Not listed yet but here is the link.

http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=Escott

Leave me comments and let me know if you like it and shut up if you don't! LOL

Too bad you can't read from the beginning to the end instead of in the reverse.

I honesty loved your blogs. your daughter is especially talented and beautiful. the picture of your boy put a smile on my face. god bless....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
N&D said:
I honesty loved your blogs. your daughter is especially talented and beautiful. the picture of your boy put a smile on my face. god bless....
Well thank you very much or the kind words! I have been getting a great response both here, PM's and Email. Never thought it would go over this well. Very pleasing to hear!

Escott

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Finally!!!

nice work Scott. you finally came out of the closet and admitted your writing aspirations. you'll have to get a goatee and black turteneck and pipe soon. i would guess you owe a small debt to Dawn who provides you with a creative, artistic example... along with an open heart.

don't worry, i am bringing two lava lamps with me when we come (when oh when??). however one is a combination telephone. talk about a contradiction in terms...

my request (anyone else on DR1 to back me?) is that you tell us the story of how you came to the DR. i would also like some ebarassing personal details that i can use against you someday. i want to know what makes you tick. what keeps you up at night? what scares you the most? did you grow up poor or rich?

get back to work so we can all live vicariously through your blog.

Gregg

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Your blog is almost as good as being there. Thanks and please keep writing.

Ben

pas

Jun 7, 2004
hello escot...

nice blog......
keep on going....
very nice to read

greetings pascal

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Gregg said:
nice work Scott. you finally came out of the closet and admitted your writing aspirations. you'll have to get a goatee and black turteneck and pipe soon. i would guess you owe a small debt to Dawn who provides you with a creative, artistic example... along with an open heart.

don't worry, i am bringing two lava lamps with me when we come (when oh when??). however one is a combination telephone. talk about a contradiction in terms...

my request (anyone else on DR1 to back me?) is that you tell us the story of how you came to the DR. i would also like some ebarassing personal details that i can use against you someday. i want to know what makes you tick. what keeps you up at night? what scares you the most? did you grow up poor or rich?

get back to work so we can all live vicariously through your blog.

Gregg
Hi Gregg,
If I had half your talent of writing for an audience my blog would be a best selling book. First time I read your trip report I knew you would fit somewhere in my life in the DR. I was never so connected to the writing of another. I think the first thing I did was to PM you my thoughts.

If anyone should be doing a blog my friend it should be you. My talents pale beside yours.

Thanks for the kind words!

I just got in from the pool and will address some of your questions now. Let me know what you think.
Escott

Escott ole buddy

I looked in to your Blog and like what I saw, you have a talent that you have never exposed before. I have likely lost my Blog as I di not have time to update it right now.

Good job buddy, and don't buy any property near El Choc, :nervous:
LMAO when I read about your searches......

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Escott

Was F Scott Fitzgerald one of your favorites?
All kidding aside, I truly enjoyed your bloq and look forward to your updates.

JD

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Hlywud said:
I looked in to your Blog and like what I saw, you have a talent that you have never exposed before. I have likely lost my Blog as I di not have time to update it right now.

Good job buddy, and don't buy any property near El Choc, :nervous:
LMAO when I read about your searches......
THanks Wud. Keep reading and let me know if it turns south.

Scott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
badpiece33 said:
Its great getting to know the real Scott not the wild and crazy guy I know from the get togethers in NY and in DR. Hey and what are you doing taking pictures with AZB's Goat, I mean wife.
Badpiece ;)
Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't tell him I have a female Goat!

He is going to stain his undies when I disclose "ALL" about him in my blog!

Escott

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
keep forgetting to mention

was reading your (Dawn's) blog posting this morning while the wind howls outside at home.

keep forgetting to mention to you that you should get some light chain for your goats. i'm amazed that the billy hasn't figured out yet that he can chew through that rope in about 15 seconds...

they are smart little creatures and i'd hate to see them eat up all of your nice garden.

cheers.

P.S.

thanks for the personal info about how you got to the DR. where do you think you will "settle" if not in Sosua? we still think of Jarabacoa and other areas as better choices long term...but not for our first landing....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Gregg said:
was reading your (Dawn's) blog posting this morning while the wind howls outside at home.

keep forgetting to mention to you that you should get some light chain for your goats. i'm amazed that the billy hasn't figured out yet that he can chew through that rope in about 15 seconds...

they are smart little creatures and i'd hate to see them eat up all of your nice garden.

cheers.

P.S.

thanks for the personal info about how you got to the DR. where do you think you will "settle" if not in Sosua? we still think of Jarabacoa and other areas as better choices long term...but not for our first landing....
Hey Gregg, thanks for the tips on the chain but my guys are pretty content and really don't know different than the line. The boy slipped his noose once but the neighbor called him over and he walked back with the neighbor and got tied back up.

Maybe since today is a slow day I will put my thoughts down on the next place down the line. THANKS for the good lead and advice and I will follow up on it.

Any news on your return?

Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Escott said:
Hey Gregg, I just updated the blog with the info you were asking about. Let me know what you think!

Escott

Fix the font (Arial - size 2). I'm working on the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.