I am now a flogging Blogger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
enjoying

Scott,
I am reading it and enjoying as well. Gives us some insight as to what we are getting into. And we are looking forward to the adventure. Keep the blogg going.

Bob K

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Robert said:
Fix the font (Arial - size 2). I'm working on the stats.
While I have your attention, fix the "REMEMBER ME" when you log in. It doesn't remember. Secondly do a fixed font and size that will carry through the blog and have a change if you want something different.

At least someone is reading this. Thanks for addressing the stats. Nice to know you are playing to an audience instead of just playing with myself!

Edited to add:
Thanks for the help and thoughts everyone. Nice to have 3 unofficial editors. Makes it easier on me.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Bob K said:
Scott,
I am reading it and enjoying as well. Gives us some insight as to what we are getting into. And we are looking forward to the adventure. Keep the blogg going.

Bob K
Hey Bob, make comments every so often so I know it is read.
I sure hope you are NOT depending on me to know what you are getting into but it certainly is a great adventure for me and continues to be. Life is exciting when you keep swapping it around:)

I look forward to you settling in here and actually seeing you folks.

Kindest regards,
Escott

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm enjoying your real-time blog, Scott. And thanks for that delightful photo of Chirimoyito. Any more where that came from?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Chirimoya said:
I'm enjoying your real-time blog, Scott. And thanks for that delightful photo of Chirimoyito. Any more where that came from?
Sure darling but you have to read my blog in order to steal them just like I read yours! Will be headed to Santo Domingo next week probably for a few days. Will let you and the crew know so we can hook up. ANYWHERE BUT by Columbus's house please. I need to go somewhere different. Maybe Juanita should pick a place where she can eat a lot:)

Escott

Edited to Add:

I am such an idiot. Chiri who is one of the sweetest people was just being kind to me. Her husband is one of the top photographers in the Dominican Republic and has been the Presidents personal Photographer. She needs my pictures like she needs a hole in the head. I just got out of the shower and realized how cheeky I was in my response. I AM A DOPE AND I SHOULD NOT BE ONE ANYMORE!

I only wish his photographs were easily purchased. I have one I received as a gift but would like to own a bunch of his stuff since he is that good!

Humbling Escott

Last edited:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Escott said:
Well it has been a couple of days. Anyone miss me?

Darn thing about this Blog is that you don't know if anyone is even reading it.

How about some feedback if you are reading this please?
Hola Escott.

Thanks for sharing your nice blog.

I didn't know what a blog was until I saw this.

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
hmm, funny you should ask Scott

Escott said:
Hey Gregg, I just updated the blog with the info you were asking about. Let me know what you think!

Escott

well. Scott i know what you are going through. the BLOGS are like writing into empty space. even hit counters don't quite scratch the itch. i bet, as a budding author, you would welcome some REAL feedback. even some controversy...

i bet the gladhanding from your friends is wearing thin. where is the REAL feedback? do we approve? do we love you or hate you? you have shared personal feelings with us. it is good? good enough to read some more? why bother writing if no one really responds with any degree of thought?

BTW there is an interesting discussion about writing and feedback in the living forum sticky "Start of Something Great". Dawn had quite a few good thoughts to share. no, hold on, that was moved to the debate forum.

no hold on, that thread, newly exorcised and excommunicated, was closed down within hours because the moderator didn't agree with the views being discussed. i think the moderator was a little scared. ;)

so, sorry to say, here is the party line:

"wak Scott! this best darn thin i ever done red. evry thin is ticky boo. uz 1 swell dude. keep truckin'. now let's get humpin som putas man! what best screw join in Boca Chica?? i luv dem DR hos"

ah, you always hurt the ones you love.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Gregg said:
well. Scott i know what you are going through. the BLOGS are like writing into empty space. even hit counters don't quite scratch the itch. i bet, as a budding author, you would welcome some REAL feedback. even some controversy...

i bet the gladhanding from your friends is wearing thin. where is the REAL feedback? do we approve? do we love you or hate you? you have shared personal feelings with us. it is good? good enough to read some more? why bother writing if no one really responds with any degree of thought?

BTW there is an interesting discussion about writing and feedback in the living forum sticky "Start of Something Great". Dawn had quite a few good thoughts to share. no, hold on, that was moved to the debate forum.

no hold on, that thread, newly exorcised and excommunicated, was closed down within hours because the moderator didn't agree with the views being discussed. i think the moderator was a little scared. ;)

so, sorry to say, here is the party line:

"wak Scott! this best darn thin i ever done red. evry thin is ticky boo. uz 1 swell dude. keep truckin'. now let's get humpin som putas man! what best screw join in Boca Chica?? i luv dem DR hos"

ah, you always hurt the ones you love.
I don't know why it was closed either. Pib is my gal but I didn't quite understand why.

Maybe I asked for it and he didn't and hasn't responded to anyone except through Timex. Who knows what evil lurks within the heart of man!

Hope you appreciated my thoughts on where. I pm's Chris and told her I thought YOUR writing was the CATS ARSE which I really believe.

Where the hell is your blog?

Escott

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Escott said:
I don't know why it was closed either. Pib is my gal but I didn't quite understand why.

Maybe I asked for it and he didn't and hasn't responded to anyone except through Timex. Who knows what evil lurks within the heart of man!

Hope you appreciated my thoughts on where. I pm's Chris and told her I thought YOUR writing was the CATS ARSE which I really believe.

Where the hell is your blog?

Escott

hmm, i guess i could write a BLOG if everyone who didn't like it had their postings re-assigned and closed. anyhoo, writer boy, get some sleep. i have to drive the kids to school in the morning... oops it's morning already.

cheers and check your PM thingy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Gregg said:
hmm, i guess i could write a BLOG if everyone who didn't like it had their postings re-assigned and closed.

Is that the best you can do?

Try some Naprogesic, I think it might help you ;)

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Nice job with the blogging! Too bad about your Punta Goleta property. That is a bummer as Kite Beach really needs more places like you had in mind.

Miss the DR but am also happy to be back in California. Magazine is going great and our action sports/special events marketing company is starting to take off. Was in Cabarete last month and put on the eXtreme Hotels launch party and Kite Show Cabarete. You and Robert never came. You missed the biggest parties that Cabarete has ever seen! No worries. WE're planning a super cool, event for the PKRA competition in mid June. Hope you guys can make it.

best,

Marina, formerly from Kitexcite
now The Kiteboarder Mag and Ring Media

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
I enjoyed the pictures and comments. Your personality shows through your work. Am I correct in saying that you are a people person with a tender heart for kids, and that your bark is worst than your bite? You stated you love to read; have you tried David Baldacci? ;)

Keep up the good work,
Yvette

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Does he LOOK like a freaking people person?

yvette said:
I enjoyed the pictures and comments. Your personality shows through your work. Am I correct in saying that you are a people person with a tender heart for kids, and that your bark is worst than your bite? You stated you love to read; have you tried David Baldacci? ;)

Keep up the good work,
Yvette
Hey Scott, I'm enjoying the blog, especially the part about me. I think you should talk about me more ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Escott said:
Maybe Juanita should pick a place where she can eat a lot

Loving the blog! When exactly are you coming up? When ever food and good people are involved I get all excited!! :nervous:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
marina said:
Nice job with the blogging! Too bad about your Punta Goleta property. That is a bummer as Kite Beach really needs more places like you had in mind.

Miss the DR but am also happy to be back in California. Magazine is going great and our action sports/special events marketing company is starting to take off. Was in Cabarete last month and put on the eXtreme Hotels launch party and Kite Show Cabarete. You and Robert never came. You missed the biggest parties that Cabarete has ever seen! No worries. WE're planning a super cool, event for the PKRA competition in mid June. Hope you guys can make it.

best,

Marina, formerly from Kitexcite
now The Kiteboarder Mag and Ring Media
Hey Marina, glad you touched down safely. Who the hell is going to train my daughter in Kite Surfing now? I think I will write about our conversation in my blog tonight:)

Best of luck,
Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
yvette said:

Keep up the good work,
Yvette
Yvette, I would sooner hang out with the kids than the adults. At parties that is usually where you find me. I am not really a people person. I can go days without talking to anyone and be fine with that. I am social when I have to be and can just about carry my end of a conversation. I only bite the bad dogs. I have read every David Baldacci book ever printed.

Thanks for the kind words on the Blog.

Escott

Status
Not open for further replies.