I got beat up :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
It was a flu and my flu usually last like 2 days on me. This one beat me up but like I said, I am good to work today. So if it was dengue, I would be still glued to the bed and suffering from pain. I might have gotten it from my patients as I have to come in contact with them. Maybe my secretary gave it to me. who knows, the point is, its easier to give someone flu if their defense is weak. I paid the price but thanks god I am feeling better but still not 100%. I will go home and rest after work.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
2rhbp4y.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My eldest here in Santiago is coughing and complaining of a headache...Hope I do not get it, I have a full weekend!! Going to go to Los Marranitos with some dentists and do a survey..

JB

Feb 7, 2007

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
This is one strange flu... I heard it came from Haiti.

You know, it is quite possible that the flu came from Haiti, especially given that there have been so many issues there after the earthquake and so many people from all over the world arriving there.

But when I read this, the first thing I thought was: "Sure, blame it on the Haitians." ;)

Mar 2, 2008
Oh really? so people in the 1st world never have flu? I guess people in hamptons have never even seen a flu case in their lives.
Very smart catcher. You must be on your 5th beer by now. Nice productive life you live in sosua.

ABC

Gosh, ABC, I was only joshin' with ya. I would hate to think I caused a relapse in your condition simply becasue of a little ribbing.

Relax and have a Coke. You are probably somewhat dehydrated as a result of your recent battle with this new, and extremely virulent strain of the "Chopo Flu". Stay strong.

And just imagine what fun I would be missing if I had you ignore. Why, life would have little or no meaning!

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so last week when I was in Santo Domingo I started with a high fever on Monday afternoon... by the time I traveled all day to get back to Toronto on Tuesday night, I went straight to the ER in Brampton Memorial. I could have sworn it was Dengue because I'd had it last October... felt pretty damn close... like I'd been beaten severely. After 8+ hours in the ER, I was sent home. I had to wait for their test results which take 24-48 hours. Turns out my brother-in-law also had this weird flu. I was down and out for 4 days but then I was able to return to work by Thursday night. If it had been Dengue, I would've been out longer than that. So... since I'll be going back next week, I'm hoping that I'm now immune to this flu and can actually have a nice time. :)

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
My wife informs that people are getting a return visit of the flu which is even worse. Must be several strains being passed around.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Tylex Flu is extremely effective against this disease. At least it was for me. Read the warnings and if cleared try it!

Last edited:

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
It was a flu and my flu usually last like 2 days on me. This one beat me up but like I said, I am good to work today. So if it was dengue, I would be still glued to the bed and suffering from pain. I might have gotten it from my patients as I have to come in contact with them. Maybe my secretary gave it to me. who knows, the point is, its easier to give someone flu if their defense is weak. I paid the price but thanks god I am feeling better but still not 100%. I will go home and rest after work.
AZB

AZB, I guess the question stands at this. You got beat up, now how are you going to retaliate? :cheeky: Entonces? Let's load up the truck with armed men and bring the fight home to them *Queue up any scene from Braveheart*!

I don't know about anyone else but I personally stay far away from people who are sick. Not a "germophobe" but I enjoy not suffering in such a merciless way.

Also, I try to eat out 'en la calle' at least 3 times a month to keep up the defenses. Somethings which could kill a tourist can become merely an inconvenience to a resident by doing this ( Of course this applies to bacterial trauma mostly. Viral defenses need vaccines.). You have to accumulate your self!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Seems to be at least 2 strains making the rounds. I find it interesting that it gets blamed on the weather changes! Naaaah it is a virus......... But I think getting beat up by one virus leaves you ripe pickings for the next one!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Funny thing is, my girlfriend is nursing me and stays close to me all the time yet she is totally healthy (so far). She must have a strong immune system. Could it be because she is a vegetarian? Ummm, no se.
AZB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Funny thing is, my girlfriend is nursing me and stays close to me all the time yet she is totally healthy (so far). She must have a strong immune system. Could it be because she is a vegetarian? Ummm, no se.
AZB

More likely because you are an old fart, and she is young and healthy.

Reactions: AlterEgo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AZB, I guess the question stands at this. You got beat up, now how are you going to retaliate? :cheeky: Entonces? Let's load up the truck with armed men and bring the fight home to them *Queue up any scene from Braveheart*!

I don't know about anyone else but I personally stay far away from people who are sick. Not a "germophobe" but I enjoy not suffering in such a merciless way.

Also, I try to eat out 'en la calle' at least 3 times a month to keep up the defenses. Somethings which could kill a tourist can become merely an inconvenience to a resident by doing this ( Of course this applies to bacterial trauma mostly. Viral defenses need vaccines.). You have to accumulate your self!

Dr Bob ( not DR1Bob ) says to take 1 or 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar every couple of days to keep your acidity level up.... fends of the stomach bugs!!

I suppose a nibble on some rancid food would work too.... I'll take the cider.

WW

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
"Golf Clubs"

This was supposed to be a response to HB.
FYI
The vinegar thing works for what seems like acid indigestion too. It's counter intuitive but I challenge you to try it. If you think you've got indigestion or acid reflux, try an ounce of cidar vinegar. It works everytime for me. Even for angina symtoms.