I need some advice about Sankies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
mofi said:
Although I understand what you are saying I don't know any man from a third world country that wouldn't except money if it was offered....just because his dad owns a shop doesn't mean that they make alot of money, I mean hell if someone offers to give me money, I probabley wouldn't say no either.

yeah but it was like $20 or $30 dollars canadian pesos. Is that something you would ruin your reputation for? Ok if it was couple of hundreds or thousands.
But comeon $20-$30. Not worth it. This guy should be trying to earn her love and respect. Not stoop so low t accept that little amount. The girl was kind enought to help him out.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
A.J. said:
Is anyone else tired of the women saying they are not fat or ugly and can get dates in their own country. I have yet to see someone post that they are fat and ugly and can not get a date no matter what.

Ladies - just because you are pretty, petite/voluptous, book smart and/or have street smarts (in your mind) does not make you immune to being played/getting caught up with a sanky. Get over yourself if you think it is only the women are not in your or society's mind "beautiful" that get played. You can get played too. and truthfully I have seen more "beautiful" women fall harder and get more messed up by a man than the other women.

I truly agree with you.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
True true but

stallion said:
yeah but it was like $20 or $30 dollars canadian pesos. Is that something you would ruin your reputation for? Ok if it was couple of hundreds or thousands.
But comeon $20-$30. Not worth it. This guy should be trying to earn her love and respect. Not stoop so low t accept that little amount. The girl was kind enought to help him out.
Depending on this guy and his family 20 or 30 dollars could be alot of money. For example some of these people are only making 10-20 dollars a month and 30 dollars to them is alot of money. I mean if i was making ends meet and had to live in a shack in god knows where, I think I would take an extra 30 dollars if someone just said here take it. I am not saying that it's a good thing to do but i mean hey shes offering why not....she's putting herself out there.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
mofi said:
Depending on this guy and his family 20 or 30 dollars could be alot of money. For example some of these people are only making 10-20 dollars a month and 30 dollars to them is alot of money. I mean if i was making ends meet and had to live in a shack in god knows where, I think I would take an extra 30 dollars if someone just said here take it. I am not saying that it's a good thing to do but i mean hey shes offering why not....she's putting herself out there.

I am confused. This is DR we are talking about, not Cuba. No body makes $10 in dr now, not even the 7 year old shoeshine boys. Do not look like a fool talking like this. Just drop it. Have a nice day.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's true ladies. It's not about what you look like but what you stand for. If you look and stand for "money and a visa", bingo! You lose, they win. :laugh:

Oh God I get tired of this sometimes :rolleyes:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
A.J. said:
Is anyone else tired of the women saying they are not fat or ugly and can get dates in their own country. I have yet to see someone post that they are fat and ugly and can not get a date no matter what.

Ladies - just because you are pretty, petite/voluptous, book smart and/or have street smarts (in your mind) does not make you immune to being played/getting caught up with a sanky. Get over yourself if you think it is only the women are not in your or society's mind "beautiful" that get played. You can get played too. and truthfully I have seen more "beautiful" women fall harder and get more messed up by a man than the other women.

Absolutely, AJ - I couldn't agree more. Your statements above couldn't possibly be any more accurate. However, due to some men attacking on this site, people feel they need to justify and clarify that they do not have low self esteem and can get a date in their own country. Therefore, the comments on their looks - it's not about getting over anything.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
not true

stallion said:
I am confused. This is DR we are talking about, not Cuba. No body makes $10 in dr now, not even the 7 year old shoeshine boys. Do not look like a fool talking like this. Just drop it. Have a nice day.

maybe not $10. but my girlfriend works 6hrs a day 7 days a week for $1200. pesos, about 38.00 dollars.

and tron bl., like all young girls, just needs a project, a bird with a broken wing, a kitten without a mother, a dominican man...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Stop Playing This Game...

Equating looks with class and money with integrity is where the problem lies here. And of course a "real" man would not accept any gifts from a woman. If you live in the DR you do, because you have 60% or over of the general population living in poverty, with an average per capita income for ALL dominicans at around 1200-1500 US dollars a year.

So a real man would never accept money and/or gifts from a woman regardless of how poor he is. Whomever said this please get over yourself. Talk that BS when you are the one living in poverty and someone offers you something you cannot afford in a million years.

And stop making dominicans the objects of your affection if all of this is a problem for you. You want someone arrogant, proud, well-educated and driving his own BMW? Then don't go to the DR to find him/her!!

Here is the game -it's called "Let me dangle some money and/or gifts in front of a poor dominican-if he/she takes it, then he/she is a sankie/whore. If he/she refuses, he/she is a good person". Stop playing this stupid game and leave these people alone.

To the person who started this thread-go to the DR and do whatever you want to do with this guy-you will find out the hard way(the only way people seem to learn anything) if this relationship will be worth it when the time comes.

If you are a pretty and smart girl, then dating someone who is beneath you on a few levels will not matter if you love each other and are honset. Just don't get upset or hold it against him when he can't take you out and pay for a night on the town, which for an average dominican can come to about a months' salary.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Don't do that!!

AZB said:
Thats why I have so little respect for some north american women. They are not only dumb but trashy in nature. She claims to be a model, beautiful and young. She can have any guy she wants etc etc. So folks, what does she goes for? A loser who is pennyless and has education equivalent to the level of 3rd grade (canadian). I bet he can't read or write well even in spanish (forget english). His father probably owns a colmado or some other low end business. he probably lives in a barrio.
So lets see this again, she can have any guy she wants in canada but whom she is falling in love with? A total loser.
AZB
Althought I do not agree 100% with your posts, I do know that it gets sickening to KEEP on seeing people lose their self-respect. Sometimes you and I can be very harsh but what some of these "sankie reformers wanna-bees" do not understand is that we are just trying for them to stop all this nonsense and to start respecting themselves. True, sometimes some members just lose it, including me.

I really can not care less if a female is the most beautiful person that God has created. Looks are not everything. One can be beautiful and still be a moron. And one can be ugly and if you conduct yourself with pride, respect and dignity, that person is beaufitul.

By the way, I know of people in the DR that are poor and are REAL MEN and they have told me that they would never take, even 1 peso, from anybody, moreless a lady. The true dominicans are very proud people. People that would much rather work for their money than to have someone hand them anything. Yes, Berzin, there are still a few dominicans that WOULD NOT LET ANYBODY HAND THEM ANYTHING AND I CAN PROVE IT TO YOU. As Mateo told me, "as long as I have my hands, can work and have my pride, I would not accept anything from anybody, I rather be poor and not throw my dignity and pride away because my pride and dignity is what makes me a man and not an invalid".

I, for one, have no respect for anybody that asks for a "handout" or for anybody that makes it better for a sankie, even if that person is as beautiful as Charlize Theron!!.

AZB, you change completely, I am out of here for good, lol.

Last edited:

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
Berzin said:
Equating looks with class and money with integrity is where the problem lies here. And of course a "real" man would not accept any gifts from a woman. If you live in the DR you do, because you have 60% or over of the general population living in poverty, with an average per capita income for ALL dominicans at around 1200-1500 US dollars a year.

So a real man would never accept money and/or gifts from a woman regardless of how poor he is. Whomever said this please get over yourself. Talk that BS when you are the one living in poverty and someone offers you something you cannot afford in a million years.

And stop making dominicans the objects of your affection if all of this is a problem for you. You want someone arrogant, proud, well-educated and driving his own BMW? Then don't go to the DR to find him/her!!

Here is the game -it's called "Let me dangle some money and/or gifts in front of a poor dominican-if he/she takes it, then he/she is a sankie/whore. If he/she refuses, he/she is a good person". Stop playing this stupid game and leave these people alone.

To the person who started this thread-go to the DR and do whatever you want to do with this guy-you will find out the hard way(the only way people seem to learn anything) if this relationship will be worth it when the time comes.

If you are a pretty and smart girl, then dating someone who is beneath you on a few levels will not matter if you love each other and are honset. Just don't get upset or hold it against him when he can't take you out and pay for a night on the town, which for an average dominican can come to about a months' salary.
Finally a breath of fresh air on this subject! some one once said "walk a day in my shoes" It is easy to say you would never accept a "gift" or money if you have never been hungry or are having trouble supporting your family. I am not condoning the behaviour of those that play on your emotions in order to keep you hooked as a finacial supporter. But it is very hard to condem and label someone for taking something that is offered freely when they have so little .

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Toronto model

Well off blonde, Toronto model.. can get any man she wants in Toronto...

1) Goes on hols to Sosua.. not to Punta Cana or Bahaibe or another classy place.. why

2) Has a different man every time... but knows they are sankies and has wisely stayed away from commitments so far.. has not sent money or gifts

3) Can get any man she pleases.. no man in Toronto fits the bill... can dance, has a nice personality and whatever else is required..

4) Now meets a DR guy who works in his fathers shop... who barely speaks English...and starts paying for his education and bringing him gifts...

5) Plans to live in Sosua for a year.. to do something wild... see the country.. great idea.. it will drastically increase your insight in Dominican behaviour..

I wish you lots of luck but do not be surprised if things don?t work out..

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
1) Goes on hols to Sosua.. not to Punta Cana or Bahaibe or another classy place.. why

1.I have never really been anywhere else in D.R accept Sosua and of course The tourist complex on Dorada.

2) Has a different man every time... but knows they are sankies and has wisely stayed away from commitments so far.. has not sent money or gifts

2. Believe it or not I never knew what a Sankie was untill my last trip to D.R when we heard about this site and started reading the posts. Like I said I have never sent any man money before. I must make this clear I sent him $30 twice for school. As for presents his Bday will be passing while i'm there

3) Can get any man she pleases.. no man in Toronto fits the bill... can dance, has a nice personality and whatever else is required..

3. I just got ut of an abusive realtionship very bad and need a change of environment.

4) Now meets a DR guy who works in his fathers shop... who barely speaks English...and starts paying for his education and bringing him gifts...

4. Sent him money twice. He never asked. And bought him 1 present which I will give to him when I get there the other 2 I will give when his birthday passes in 2 months.

5) Plans to live in Sosua for a year.. to do something wild... see the country.. great idea.. it will drastically increase your insight in Dominican behaviour..

I try to stay positive

Thanks
Toronto Blonde

MerengueDutchie said:
Well off blonde, Toronto model.. can get any man she wants in Toronto...

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
I guess once I get settled in I will explore the D.R with my girl friend. Do you have any info about Carniaval where and when it is?????

Thanks
Toronto Blonde
MerengueDutchie said:
Your answers explain a lot.. good luck and do make an effort to go out and about in the DR.. its soo much bigger than Sosua..

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:)

TorontoBlonde said:

1.I have never really been anywhere else in D.R accept Sosua and of course The tourist complex on Dorada.

2. Believe it or not I never knew what a Sankie was untill my last trip to D.R when we heard about this site and started reading the posts. Like I said I have never sent any man money before. I must make this clear I sent him $30 twice for school. As for presents his Bday will be passing while i'm there

3. I just got ut of an abusive realtionship very bad and need a change of environment.

4. Sent him money twice. He never asked. And bought him 1 present which I will give to him when I get there the other 2 I will give when his birthday passes in 2 months.

I try to stay positive

Thanks
Toronto Blonde

You dont have to defend yourself, especially to someone who doesnt know you or your true situation. Thats why like i said earlier sometimes it just better to call Dr Phil jejejejejejejejeje.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You gringos think you know DR?

Everytime I read how poor dominicans are, how all dominicans accept money and how everyone makes 50 dolars / week. I laugh out loud. You are all pathetic and know nothing of DR. You all live in a small world in some small corner of this island. You only can relete to poor dominicans who will look up to you. Its a shame I see almost all foreigners talking alike as if they know all dominicans.
I have been living here for 7 years and traveling here since 1986. I know this island well. I know dominicANS well. When I used to live in POP and costambar, I only met poor dominicans and almost all girls asked me for money. I thought thats the way the dominican culture was. I was disgusted at first but then I accepted it.
Then after a few years I moved to santiago. I have been living here since 5 yrs. believe me, not one a single girl has asked me for money. I almost lost a few girls because I offered taxi fare. They were insulted. Dominicans in santiago and capital live like any other folks in any developed country. We all go out on weekends and even week nights. Spend money everywhere. I don't mean a bottle of chopo brugal and coke. I am talking about domincians drinking black label etc. Girls drink wines and other girly drinks. Prices are very high. Dominicans fill up american standard supermarkets and spend absene amount of cash. They buy items twice the cost at american super markets. they drive up in late model cars.
Their houses are from normal nice houses to mansions. I am not even talking about the elite class, these are your average dominicans. They are good people and they open their doors to anyone who is of the similar socio-economical level and decent. I am no where rich and they all treat me like family. I know the rules, I do not bring some low life hooker to a dinner or a wedding of a rich dominican. I use my brain.
Dominicans here fly to usa more often than you folks fly here to DR. My patients are always out of the country. Miami-santiago flight was full of santiagueros in first class when I boarded.
Tell me this please: does a dominican have to be a poor soul who makes 50 / week to be a decent human being? A richer dominican can't be a good person? Why is it they have to be arrogant snobs by default? Why does it have to be a poor dominican from a campo or a ghetto or a hotel to be your ideal mate?
Do you hang with street people who live in government projects back home? Do you go clubbing with your car mechanic? Do you go bar hopping with your plumber? Do you sleep with gas station jocky?
No, they are not within your social circle right? So what is so attracting about these low class dominicans who do nothing but ask you money and become a liability on you? You have to pay for their school, drinks, food and support their family etc. What is going wrong here?
I only socialize with domincians whom I feel comfortable with. People who do exactly what I do and live egual or better than I do. Where I live and move around, to me, all domincians are rich and educated and extremely proud. I just don't know where you guys visit.
AZB

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
You're so smooth

AZB said:
Everytime I read how poor dominicans are, how all dominicans accept money and how everyone makes 50 dolars / week. I laugh out loud. You are all pathetic and know nothing of DR. You all live in a small world in some small corner of this island. You only can relete to poor dominicans who will look up to you. Its a shame I see almost all foreigners talking alike as if they know all dominicans.
I have been living here for 7 years and traveling here since 1986. I know this island well. I know dominicANS well. When I used to live in POP and costambar, I only met poor dominicans and almost all girls asked me for money. I thought thats the way the dominican culture was. I was disgusted at first but then I accepted it.
Then after a few years I moved to santiago. I have been living here since 5 yrs. believe me, not one a single girl has asked me for money. I almost lost a few girls because I offered taxi fare. They were insulted. Dominicans in santiago and capital live like any other folks in any developed country. We all go out on weekends and even week nights. Spend money everywhere. I don't mean a bottle of chopo brugal and coke. I am talking about domincians drinking black label etc. Girls drink wines and other girly drinks. Prices are very high. Dominicans fill up american standard supermarkets and spend absene amount of cash. They buy items twice the cost at american super markets. they drive up in late model cars.
Their houses are from normal nice houses to mansions. I am not even talking about the elite class, these are your average dominicans. They are good people and they open their doors to anyone who is of the similar socio-economical level and decent. I am no where rich and they all treat me like family. I know the rules, I do not bring some low life hooker to a dinner or a wedding of a rich dominican. I use my brain.
Dominicans here fly to usa more often than you folks fly here to DR. My patients are always out of the country. Miami-santiago flight was full of santiagueros in first class when I boarded.
Tell me this please: does a dominican have to be a poor soul who makes 50 / week to be a decent human being? A richer dominican can't be a good person? Why is it they have to be arrogant snobs by default? Why does it have to be a poor dominican from a campo or a ghetto or a hotel to be your ideal mate?
Do you hang with street people who live in government projects back home? Do you go clubbing with your car mechanic? Do you go bar hopping with your plumber? Do you sleep with gas station jocky?
No, they are not within your social circle right? So what is so attracting about these low class dominicans who do nothing but ask you money and become a liability on you? You have to pay for their school, drinks, food and support their family etc. What is going wrong here?
I only socialize with domincians whom I feel comfortable with. People who do exactly what I do and live egual or better than I do. Where I live and move around, to me, all domincians are rich and educated and extremely proud. I just don't know where you guys visit.
AZB
first off I have a problem with you categorizing people you don't know. I'm a male thats blue-collar worker owner of business that probably makes twice as much as you even if you lived in the US.people are people no matter what they do or what education they may have so let's get that straight right now. As far as Santiago I'm sure it's a high class district but do not say there is not nice people all over in a DR. Money means nothing , it's how you treat people. That's a sign of class whether rich or poor ,money has nothing to do with it. So for you to say that in POP they're all poor I find that hard to believe, because there is always old money in any town. As far as respect you have to earn it, and that comes from being open minded like you're not. And if the women in Santiago are wealthy with new cars(why are you calling on taxis)?. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the women there are higher class due to their upbringing. But I've seen many US and Canadian women with a lot a class. So maybe things may not have worked out for them in the past but that doesn't make them a bad person, whether they're rich or poor. It could be bad decisions I grant you that but nobody's perfect me knor you or anybody else for that matter. I feel better now and by the way you are still(FUNNY) :nervous:

Mira

Jan 15, 2005
easygoin said:
first off I have a problem with you categorizing people you don't know. I'm a male thats blue-collar worker owner of business that probably makes twice as much as you even if you lived in the US.people are people no matter what they do or what education they may have so let's get that straight right now. As far as Santiago I'm sure it's a high class district but do not say there is not nice people all over in a DR. Money means nothing , it's how you treat people. That's a sign of class whether rich or poor ,money has nothing to do with it. So for you to say that in POP they're all poor I find that hard to believe, because there is always old money in any town. As far as respect you have to earn it, and that comes from being open minded like you're not. And if the women in Santiago are wealthy with new cars(why are you calling on taxis)?. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the women there are higher class due to their upbringing. But I've seen many US and Canadian women with a lot a class. So maybe things may not have worked out for them in the past but that doesn't make them a bad person, whether they're rich or poor. It could be bad decisions I grant you that but nobody's perfect me knor you or anybody else for that matter. I feel better now and by the way you are still(FUNNY) :nervous:

That is a great post!! I agree with all that! :)

When I read AZB's posts I can't help thinking of that song...

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully. So we?re different colours and we?re different creeds, and different people have different needs. It?s obvious you hate me though I?ve done nothing wrong. I?ve never even met you so what could I have done? I can?t understand what makes a man hate another man, help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.