i need your help people

Freemo

May 26, 2003
US $600 a month will get you a nice apartment

I've PM'd you with some details, hope they give you an idea of what you can get for around this price. Make security a priority whether you take a house or apartment. Similar to properties in Spain, any decent place will have the ironwork over windows, balconies in some cases and doors. A Dominican with anything worth protecting will not look at an apartment unless its like Fort Knox. Follow their example. And remember its you and your girlfriends safety thats of paramount importance.

Good Luck
Paul

smigg3011

Feb 21, 2006
thanks for your message paul the kind of apartments you have sound like the ones i am looking for and for the right price if by some miracle the apartment you have just bought is still available at the end of may when we are relocating i would be very interested in renting it . like i say i know its a long shot but thanks for your support and advice . my name is paul as well by the way .

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Your welcome

You're welcome Paul

You should'nt have any problem finding a place really, when you look around Santo Domingo there are litterally hundreds of apartments blocks going up all over.

The secret is avoiding the 'gringo tax' - give us a PM nearer the time you expect to go and I'll see if I can get someone to look out a few places for you to consider. My 2 places are purely for investment purposes, if I was a property developer (oh that I was) I'd be able to give you a list of places as long as your arm.

Catch you later
Paul

PS: you lucky sod, I can't wait till I am in a position to leave the UK for the DR - this country is well on the slippery slope mate.

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
$ 750 USD a month is very expensive rent in DR.That equals to almost 25,000 pesos a month. If you're paying that much it must be a luxurious house. One can rent a house in DR for way less than that.

smigg3011

Feb 21, 2006
any suggestions indiana on cheaper rents i am all ears i want my initial outlay to be as small as possible

Flamingojohn

Nov 11, 2005
It's all about what you are looking for

$750 is a higher rent amount, but like I said in my previous post I got my place fully furnished, it is 300 sq. mtrs. of living area, is the penthouse with 2 large terraces with full water views, and has all the amenities. I was simply making a point that my spoiled wife is happy with it- not that it is the required luxury for everyone.
I agree that you can find a nice place for much less than I spend- but it is about what you require to make you happy- and if my wife is not happy- neither am I! I could easily have found a place in the $500 range fully furnished that would have everything I needed that would have been fine for me. However, I have to take my wife's feelings into account and as my company pays my bills- why not go all out?!
Oh, not sure if it has been mentioned yet Paul, but expect to put up a 2 month security deposit here as well as paying your monthly rent in advance = 3 months rent due at move in.