If you travle to America....

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Continuation from the days when the drain line was a small diameter pipe, and there wasn't enough water to fill the toilet tank for a good flush. Now drain lines are "normal" (larger diameter) size, so flushing toilet paper down is fine.

It's perfectly fine to flush toilet paper into a septic tank sized properly for the structure, and with a proper drain field.

with a proper drain field! In a nut shell here is a major problem, as most don't have a drain field just a septic, in the barrio the houses are so close there is no way to install a drain field. also no way to drill water wells due to the number of close septic's

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
with a proper drain field! In a nut shell here is a major problem, as most don't have a drain field just a septic, in the barrio the houses are so close there is no way to install a drain field. also no way to drill water wells due to the number of close septic's

I have a three chamber sectic system with the last being a charcoal chamber, but you are correct that there is no room for a drainage field.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I have a three chamber sectic system with the last being a charcoal chamber, but you are correct that there is no room for a drainage field.

Bob, what in the world is a "charcoal chamber", even the all mighty GOOGLE rendered no useful results that I had to come back and ask, so what is it?

American Gallego

Feb 21, 2013
Modern toilet paper is designed to completely fall apart once it gets wet, so if a person uses a reasonable amount of paper (say 4-8 sheets), there's never going to be a problem, at least none that will be TP's fault.

Many folks here use an abnormal amount of toilet paper to "do their thing." When you throw a clump of 20-30 sheets of TP in the toilet, there's a good chance it's not going to go down.

It's also very common in the country to see all kinds of "paper" in the trash can, most of which wouldn't stand a chance of making the trip down the "Hershey Water Slide"

That's the way folks have been brought up, and why many places have signs that tell you to use the trashcan.

4-8 sheets lol no way

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had my friend visiting us once. three weeks. she went through more toilet paper alone than the both of us... good thing i trained her and she did use the bin.

on the other note, i miss old communist toilet paper from the 80s. it was grayish brown, made from recycled materials: books, newspapers, rags. sometimes you could still see the bits and pieces of the original material with occasional printed letter :) you'd use very little of that. it was not much different than wiping with sand paper. but way better that wiping with newspapers, which also did happen. with one sheet of the recycled paper you'd have the ass scrubbed clean. newspapers would only smudge and leave neat verses of the propaganda speeches copied into your crack. cheap ink.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
i miss old communist toilet paper from the 80s. It was grayish brown, made from recycled materials: Books, newspapers, rags. Sometimes you could still see the bits and pieces of the original material with occasional printed letter :) you'd use very little of that. It was not much different than wiping with sand paper.

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Believe it or not

we had my friend visiting us once. three weeks. she went through more toilet paper alone than the both of us... good thing i trained her and she did use the bin.

on the other note, i miss old communist toilet paper from the 80s. it was grayish brown, made from recycled materials: books, newspapers, rags. sometimes you could still see the bits and pieces of the original material with occasional printed letter :) you'd use very little of that. it was not much different than wiping with sand paper. but way better that wiping with newspapers, which also did happen. with one sheet of the recycled paper you'd have the ass scrubbed clean. newspapers would only smudge and leave neat verses of the propaganda speeches copied into your crack. cheap ink.
Women here get up on the seat backwards to dump. I asked my wife why she said they are afraid of germs and other creappy crawlers. That is why you see foot prints on the seat.