Illegal immigrants and government actions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Up front!

I am a newbie on the site but one thing which I've caught up with by browsing and searching it is your consistency with the "legal/illegal status" of Gringos in the country.

You seen so focus/interested personally into getting the DR government to force illegal Gringos out of the DR; it seems as a personal vendetta.

The question isn't whether the above isn't true or not, a few searches and reading your post and replies would provide a yes answer easily to those doubts.

which begs the known fact, why so much personal interest in something that is totally a government issue?
You are perceptive, I must say. A mastery of the obvious. But all kidding aside.

I feel the same way about both countries where I am a citizen. It is my opinion that laws should be obeyed, including immigration laws, or why have them at all? I felt this way long before I moved to the DR. I also present the facts about what the government says it will do. If they don't do it, well, this is the DR.

Do you have different feelings on such issues? Is breaking the law and becoming an "undocumented immigrant" acceptable to you here or in your native land?

Reactions: TropicalPaul

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This comment comes up most often when someone complains about this or that.
Usually, the complainer is a 'visitor' - long term.....

That then sets off the residency comments.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why would the DR government want to deport Venezuelans? Are they not productive immigrants?
Recent news articles posted in this thread about the DR governments plans have stated that those who employ, house or transport illegal aliens will be prosecuted by the law.

If a Venezuelan (or person from any other country) is working in the DR illegally, their "production" is not the issue here. Their Legality is.
Venezuelans have the option of a "regularization" plan for a limited time to become legal. So there is some modicum of value recognized in that plan, no?

Other illegals had a regularization plan that came and went.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

To directly answer your false assumptions is to the contrary, my roots are and have been deeply planted in this country to an extend that I too am part of it. I am, as legal as anyone could claim to be in the DR.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
You are perceptive, I must say. A mastery of the obvious. But all kidding aside.

I feel the same way about both countries where I am a citizen. It is my opinion that laws should be obeyed, including immigration laws, or why have them at all? I felt this way long before I moved to the DR. I also present the facts about what the government says it will do. If they don't do it, well, this is the DR.

Do you have different feelings on such issues? Is breaking the law and becoming an "undocumented immigrant" acceptable to you here or in your native land?

Perceptive, yes, very.

Obvious, indeed; your feelings on this are spilt all over the board.

Hey, its your opinion and your feelings towards the subject is respected from my end.

Now the next question since laws were mentioned; why do the fines/fees still exist at the immigration lines if indeed overstaying translates as of breaking the law, why not just get rid of the fees and legally deal with those whom overstays in a court of law as we do with criminals?

Why isn't so?

Because after all, when and if one breaks the laws, at that precise moment that individual becomes an alleged criminal until fully processed by the courts of laws.

Is it not abiding by the immigration laws, the Gringos, the General immigration law breakers (to include Haitians, Venezuelans, Colombians, etc), or not obeying the laws in general that bothers you?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As are you Windeguy and as is Bob Saunders.
You needed to say that ❓
Your serve‼️🎾
Yes, I needed to say that. Just like you were compelled to comment. By the way, you forgot "WW" along with Bob and myself.

There are some people here who's cavalier attitude with the laws might make a first time visitor to DR1 think that there is no such thing as a time limit on a 30 day tourist card. That people from North America and the EU can never be illegal in the DR. They provide the impression that you can come, stay as long as you want and everything is "legal" in that. Is that not "hateful" of the laws of the DR as well as providing incorrect information that is in contradiction to the laws?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Hateful facts, eh? Oh well, I cannot please everyone.
Information is not hateful. It is the way that it is presented by some posters that display that attitude, my man ‼️
READ‼️
If you are one of those people that need to please everyone then continue to be disappointed with people disagree with you.
Or when facts are presented that show what you say is going to happen is not. Reference is made to post #65
Funny how you immediately knew who I was talking about without mention of your name.
:ROFLMAO:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

I disagree.
It is a simple battle.
Those who have run the residency gauntlet verses those who have not. Those who have run the gauntlet have a real axe to grind.🪓

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There are some people here who's cavalier attitude with the laws might make a first time visitor to DR1 think that there is no such thing as a time limit on a 30 day tourist card. That people from North America and the EU can never be illegal in the DR. They provide the impression that you can come, stay as long as you want and everything is "legal" in that.
Is that not "hateful" of the laws of the DR as well as providing incorrect information that is in contradiction to the laws?
It is not.‼️
In my opinion, it is not your objective to inform. Oh, you repeat the letter of the law "mucho". But, you also opinionate a lot about the issue.
If you point was to inform you would post the information and then let it go.
What is your issue with those who have not "run the residency gauntlet"❓

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is not.‼️
In my opinion, it is not your objective to inform. Oh, you repeat the letter of the law "mucho". But, you also opinionate a lot about the issue.
If you point was to inform you would post the information and then let it go.
What is your issue with those who have not "run the residency gauntlet"❓
Please show me where I injected opinions (ones that were not somehow inferred only in your mind).

If you ask my opinion of illegal aliens, I say they should be treated based upon existing laws in both countries where I am a citizen.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Please show me where I injected opinions (ones that were not somehow inferred only in your mind).
I have reviewed each and every post you have made in this thread word for word.
You are opinionating in the following posts:

Don't make me quote each one. It will not add to the discussion or provide any additional (useful or useless) information. These are not in my mind but squarely in yours and written in English. And I have not included all your opinions phrased as questions to others.

If you ask my opinion of illegal residents of any country I will tell you the answer is way more complicated than the written law. The problem I have found with most immigration arguments is that in almost any country you will find the double standard. Those who preach "throw all the illegals out". Yet, profiting from their present in the country. I observe the exact situation existing in the 🇩🇴 . With my own 👀, listening to other Dominicans discussing the issue and reading the paper (yes the ones in Spanish).

Now you can ask me the question that you really want to know.
Your serve‼️🥃

Reactions: CristoRey and malko

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
But if you don't own a house and a car and can't provide a bank reference, should the DR want you to come? No chance of getting into most other countries if you haven't got any money, I don't see why the DR should be any different.
Are you saying that everyone who lives here should own a house, car and DR bank account? There are many Dominicans who don't have these assets. It doesn't mean they don't have money. As I get older, I plan to sell my house and start to rent in order to spend the value and not die with an un-needed asset, maybe sell my car if I don't feel I drive well enough. The money will remain in the Dominican economy. The bank account I'll probably keep but I believe there are many residents here who have never opened a DR account. Will they want to rescind my "Permanent" Residency in the future?

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perceptive, yes, very.

Obvious, indeed; your feelings on this are spilt all over the board.

Hey, its your opinion and your feelings towards the subject is respected from my end.

Now the next question since laws were mentioned; why do the fines/fees still exist at the immigration lines if indeed overstaying translates as of breaking the law, why not just get rid of the fees and legally deal with those whom overstays in a court of law as we do with criminals?

Why isn't so?
The new DR government, the PRM, has only been in charge for a few months after a long rule by the PLD since 2004. They have promised to enforce all laws as written, including the immigration laws this party wrote back in 2003 when they were the PRD. Those laws were ignored by the PLD. I am going to guess that people who overstayed for longer than 120 days are still being made to pay exit fines at airports based upon what the PLD established, and I have pointed out those extended exit fines have disappeared from government web sites. They have to use something at the airport, so they use the old exit fee schedule for now. What they will do in the future is unknown as it always is here until they do it.

Because after all, when and if one breaks the laws, at that precise moment that individual becomes an alleged criminal until fully processed by the courts of laws.

Is it not abiding by the immigration laws, the Gringos, the General immigration law breakers (to include Haitians, Venezuelans, Colombians, etc), or not obeying the laws in general that bothers you?
All people that are illegal in general. Keep in mind it may appear otherwise on DR 1 since few Haitians , Venezuelans or Colombians post here.

Reactions: Radical

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

But yet he Windeguy writes a response to me that says:
There are some people here who's cavalier attitude with the laws might make a first time visitor to DR1 think that there is no such thing as a time limit on a 30 day tourist card. That people from North America and the EU can never be illegal in the DR. They provide the impression that you can come, stay as long as you want and everything is "legal" in that.
Not a single word about (Haitians, Venezuelans, Colombians, etc.) all who currently pay the exit fees to depart. And we still have post #65 sitting like a elephant in the room (ignored by Windeguy) while he continue rage at the machine. Or at least everyone else here on DR1 that disagrees with him.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes, I needed to say that. Just like you were compelled to comment. By the way, you forgot "WW" along with Bob and myself.

There are some people here who's cavalier attitude with the laws might make a first time visitor to DR1 think that there is no such thing as a time limit on a 30 day tourist card. That people from North America and the EU can never be illegal in the DR. They provide the impression that you can come, stay as long as you want and everything is "legal" in that. Is that not "hateful" of the laws of the DR as well as providing incorrect information that is in contradiction to the laws?
there is that as you say..but your being a Sheldon on subject doesn’t help your cause..
58FC6B6B-F26D-4847-865A-A3DE932C7A6F.jpeg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Radical
I am sorry you misunderstood -

My post lays out my impression of when the conversation arises.... and references nobody - even you !

However , I am sure many of us are happy with your legal status....
Me? I have no comment personally.... trying to avoid your ire.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have reviewed each and every post you have made in this thread word for word.
You are opinionating in the following posts:

Don't make me quote each one. It will not add to the discussion or provide any additional (useful or useless) information. These are not in my mind but squarely in yours and written in English. And I have not included all your opinions phrased as questions to others.

If you ask my opinion of illegal residents of any country I will tell you the answer is way more complicated than the written law. The problem I have found with most immigration arguments is that in almost any country you will find the double standard. Those who preach "throw all the illegals out". Yet, profiting from their present in the country. I observe the exact situation existing in the 🇩🇴 . With my own 👀, listening to other Dominicans discussing the issue and reading the paper (yes the ones in Spanish).

Now you can ask me the question that you really want to know.
Your serve‼️🥃
My approach is simple. Legal or not. Deport those that are not. Keep it simple. Why have laws if they are not obeyed?

Am I profiting from my present country? I suppose, since it is much less expensive to live here than my home country.

Are you illegal where you are (and where is that, Vegas)?