I'm very concerned we are running out of hot topics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I played Iberostar today. I think we we where the only 2 out there. The 19th hole is open again.
They ran out of Presidente and serve One beer from the beer cart and Bud or Miller in the club house.
Worst of all my game really sucked
I would buy you a case of Presidentes to exchange my round today at Port Royal GC (Bermuda) with playing Iberostar. Why you ask, because that would mean I could play either Hard Rock GC or La Cana GC manana. (y)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I tried to start a thread on Men Who Pay For Sex but there were no takers. I could resurrect it if u guys are bored....
Here's one that should take off Nan...

Colleague says cabinet official sexually assaulted her​

Santo Domingo.-
Dominican Agrarian Institute (IAD) director Leonardo Faña, is being accused of sexual assault by the financial manager of that agency, after an incident that occurred early January.
The accusation against Faña is contained in a provisional protection order for María Isabel Flores Encarnación.
The Attention Unit for Victims of Violence of the National District is in charge of the complaint, El Nuevo Diario reports.
It indicates that on January 4, the head of the IAD allegedly, summoned Flores to a private meeting to discuss labor issues, which was scheduled for five in the afternoon, then at two and finally at nine in the morning.
“When she comes to, the accused Leonardo Antonio Faña Batista is kissing her, fondling her, and again she loses strength and consciousness, coming to herself again, in Jumbo Luperón, in the parking lot of Las Praderas, Distrito National, there the defendant had given her tongue, in different parts, touching her breasts and other intimate internal places, kissing her, touching her again everywhere, the victim ran away terrified.”

The complaint also indicates that Faña allegedly “gave her a meal and gave her a kind of wine to drink, which the aggressor had in his vehicle, which after being ingested by the victim caused the victim to lose consciousness and strength, regaining consciousness again on the Juan Pablo Duarte avenue, when they were already returning from Bonao, to Santo Domingo.”

Try to figure out that translation by DT..

And also interesting is the President's reaction:

President Luis Abinader suspends Leonardo Faña from his duties​

January 19, 2021

Santo Domingo, RD.- President Luis Abinader decided to temporarily suspend the engineer Leonardo Faña as director of the Dominican Agrarian Institute (IAD) , in accordance with article 88 of Law 41-08 on Public Function.
The measure is adopted as a result of the complaint made against the official for alleged sexual assault.
In the media, it has transpired that against the director of the IAD there is a complaint invoked on January 18 of this year by María Isabel Flores Encarnación, financial manager of the entity, which represents the beginning of a judicial investigation into the incident and the application of the Public Function law for the temporary suspension of the denounced official.
The legal text applied by the Executive Power as the highest authority of the Administration establishes whether to carry out a judicial or administrative investigation, it would be convenient for the purposes thereof, to suspend a public servant, it would proceed for up to sixty continuous days, being possible the one-time extension of this.
In the same order, the suspended director of the Dominican Agrarian Institute (IAD), Leonardo Antonio Faña, had requested a leave of absence from his duties this afternoon from President Luis Abinader in order to face "smoothly" the accusations made by a former official of the institution.
In a letter to the president, Faña expresses that, “Mr. President, I allow myself to request a work license, in order to do so, having terminated my duties, to be able to face this political cause smoothly, in which I will prove my innocence, whatever the legal or political ”.
The official says that he would never dare to stain the worthy name of the government presided over by Luis Abinader while reiterating that he will prove his innocence.
“I would never dare to stain the dignified government that you preside, of which I am a part today, because of the trust that you have placed on my shoulders, in these attentions I consider myself innocent and I will demonstrate in a forceful way that this is part of the persecution a policy that I have received for years, ”says Faña.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nanita

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend who runs a cafe/bar is having big trouble getting hold of Presidente from the usual suppliers in the Cabarete/Sabaneta area. Now that's an important topic for discussion!
I think that's fixed now.... yes - it was a problem
especially in smaller pueblos.......pueblitos

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
My friend who runs a cafe/bar is having big trouble getting hold of Presidente from the usual suppliers in the Cabarete/Sabaneta area. Now that's an important topic for discussion!

Jumbo Romana was all sold out this morning.
Many persons were seeking it there because colmados and distributors as well are out of product.
Two theories of thought:
A. Long weekend and persons purchased in advance.
B. Government limiting the availability of alcohol to the public.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Why waste your taste buds on presidente? Isn't bohemia better? That's the one that's runs out.

Because a good Märzen is almost impossible to find.
In actuality, I am not much of a beer drinker at this stage of the match. I happened to overhear the conversations as I was shopping yesterday morning.
Although, when in the mood I do prefer the occassional, before mentioned Märzen or an ice cold Quilmes.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Hot Topics in need of resurrection !
Folks, now hear this, this is a curmudgeon speaking!!!
According to the Natural Laws of Humanity ; we shall create a heap of hot topics this year....it is our nature... we are just taking a very short vacation (imposed or not)... so hang in there the pot is yet to boil.

Russell

Reactions: johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hot Topics in need of resurrection !
Folks, now hear this, this is a curmudgeon speaking!!!
According to the Natural Laws of Humanity ; we shall create a heap of hot topics this year....it is our nature... we are just taking a very short vacation (imposed or not)... so hang in there the pot is yet to boil.

Russell
That's gospel truth.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Joking aside, I am becoming more and more concerned about the number of people I know who previously had jobs and are now not working. I just wonder how they are all managing and how much debt they are running up, and what the long-term consequences are going to be for the country.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Joking aside, I am becoming more and more concerned about the number of people I know who previously had jobs and are now not working. I just wonder how they are all managing and how much debt they are running up, and what the long-term consequences are going to be for the country.

Agreed, It's got to be horribly tough on some. I would suspect that there is a lot more money being sent down from NA. More then usual I think. There are a lot of us that still have jobs and income, and understand the need to help out. People are suffering thru no fault of their own..

• Sad
Reactions: Russell
Status
Not open for further replies.