In the DR, There "Outta Be A Law....."!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
oh my!!

MrMike said:
Both you and Miguel are making broader and more offensive generalities than anyone in this thread and both of you are trying to claim moral high ground and calling me and AZB sexists at the same time.

That's it, I'm going to try to not have any more serious discussions on this board, I'll stick to to topics as inconsecuential the weather and the price of beer from as long as I can.
Look who is calling the cattle..... All I am saying, after YOU and AZB made this thread about poor barrio girls, is that there are SOME people who live in barios that are not they way YOU and AZB described. There are SOME people that live in barrios that are way much better off than you and I put together and there are, certainly, SOME people that live in barrios that are better educated than YOU and I.

Btw, don't let the door hit you in the axx, lol.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
MrMike said:
I know there's a way out, all it requires is for the poor to WAKE THE F UP and quit whining

This is among the dumbest statements I can remember reading.
Speaking about offensive generalities. Are you implying all the world's poor are poor because they've not 'waken up'?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
qgrande said:
This is among the dumbest statements I can remember reading.
Speaking about offensive generalities. Are you implying all the world's poor are poor because they've not 'waken up'?

Well remeber that "poor" is relative, but generally yes. In the DR particularly they are all waiting for some government to hand them everything they need, whiled the middle class work themselves to the bone to send their kids to universities and break the cycle, all the while paying for the poor people's free electricity and all the many other benefits the government gives them to secure their votes.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
MrMike said:
Well remeber that "poor" is relative, but generally yes. In the DR particularly they are all waiting for some government to hand them everything they need, whiled the middle class work themselves to the bone to send their kids to universities and break the cycle, all the while paying for the poor people's free electricity and all the many other benefits the government gives them to secure their votes.
A recent historical event depicted this perfectly. When the Soviet Union collapsed, there became two classes of people. Those that were waiting on the govt to take care of them and those that viewed the new situation as an opportunity. I witnessed little middle ground there. Those that took the new opportunities to work more and further themselves became what was referred to as "New Russians". Work harder with focus to get ahead.
Something I always took personal offense to was my brother in law saying that everything I did turned out great and all that he did turned to chit. The thought of him getting out of the beer joint and working more evidently never entered his mind.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
YOU and AZB made this thread about poor barrio girls,

So are YOU saying the Dominican upper class needs to be more educated? That their daughters are being exploited by older men?

Here is your own post since you seem to be blissfully unaware of it:

miguel said:
There "outta be a law" that would protect/educate our youth more.

There are so many young kids that are taken advantage by older people in the DR. We see so many teenagers pregnant and with no help whatsover from the person that got them pregnant. After being used and abused, they are "thrown" out like garbage.

Some of them are being raped by older men(I say rape because some of this kids are underage)and in MANY cases, the police and the courts would do nothing about it.

Obviously you must be talking about lower income families here, Since your statements are impossible to apply to anyone else.

Dominican culture from middle class upwards is fanatical about education, and there are universities to educate them that cost as little as 5 pesos per credit hour. Any young person who can afford it is working on a masters degree or doctorate. If you kick a trash can here doctors and lawyers will come crawling out. There are so many licensed dentists in Santiago I have hired some as filing clerks because there aren't enough cavities to go around.

They are also fanatical about not getting pregnant before marriage, it happens occasionally but not for any lack of education, and as I mentioned in a previous post it is not taken lightly.

AND there are already laws against molesting minors in the DR.

And if you had a clue about your own country and culture you would know this.

Now do you have a real response to this, or are you just going to keep saying:

"I am not talking about the barrio-girls" and

"all you gringos think your girl is the best"

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
AlaninDR said:
A recent historical event depicted this perfectly. When the Soviet Union collapsed, there became two classes of people. Those that were waiting on the govt to take care of them and those that viewed the new situation as an opportunity. I witnessed little middle ground there. Those that took the new opportunities to work more and further themselves became what was referred to as "New Russians". Work harder with focus to get ahead.
Something I always took personal offense to was my brother in law saying that everything I did turned out great and all that he did turned to chit. The thought of him getting out of the beer joint and working more evidently never entered his mind.

I'm sorry but this is not true, not in Russia, and not in the DR, and nowhere. The 'New Russians' you're talking about are a tiny part of the population that took some opportunities they had at a certain moment in history, at the expense of others. The rest of the poor just works their *** off and remains poor. For a few there's opportunities, but for most, whether they work three jobs or whether they don't do anything, they'll stay poor. Unfortunatley the world is more complicated than that.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
qgrande said:
I'm sorry but this is not true, not in Russia, and not in the DR, and nowhere. The 'New Russians' you're talking about are a tiny part of the population that took some opportunities they had at a certain moment in history, at the expense of others. The rest of the poor just works their *** off and remains poor. For a few there's opportunities, but for most, whether they work three jobs or whether they don't do anything, they'll stay poor. Unfortunatley the world is more complicated than that.

Like I said poor is relative, and when I say "a way out" I'm not talking about getting rich, I'm talking about being able to provide for your own and give your children a chance to know something better than you did.

We can't all be rich, or it wouldn't be called "rich" anymore. There is never going to be a Jeepeta in every driveway, nor should there be, probably.

The best we can really hope for is that society functions to a point where work is not in vain.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
qgrande said:
I lived there and am quite aware of what I saw. It was not a fleeting moment in history.
What you seem to be saying is that it's near futile to work more to get ahead. A person makes their opportunities just as they create their obligations and liabilities. The world is only complicated to those in need of a justification crutch for their failings.
Alberto, the financier in Puerto Plata, used to work at a grocery store. Now he owns that building. He took the opportunity to work harder. It requires initiative and sacrifice to point your life in a certain direction. That's about all there is to it.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
MrMike said:
Like I said poor is relative, and when I say "a way out" I'm not talking about getting rich, I'm talking about being able to provide for your own and give your children a chance to know something better than you did.
I understand what you're saying, only for the many that improve their lives working, there will be many others for whom things will stay the same.

MrMike said:
The best we can really hope for is that society functions to a point where work is not in vain.

Absolutely

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Dios mio!!!

MrMike said:
So are YOU saying the Dominican upper class needs to be more educated? That their daughters are being exploited by older men?

Here is your own post since you seem to be blissfully unaware of it:

Obviously you must be talking about lower income families here, Since your statements are impossible to apply to anyone else.

Dominican culture from middle class upwards is fanatical about education, and there are universities to educate them that cost as little as 5 pesos per credit hour. Any young person who can afford it is working on a masters degree or doctorate. If you kick a trash can here doctors and lawyers will come crawling out. There are so many licensed dentists in Santiago I have hired some as filing clerks because there aren't enough cavities to go around.

They are also fanatical about not getting pregnant before marriage, it happens occasionally but not for any lack of education, and as I mentioned in a previous post it is not taken lightly.

AND there are already laws against molesting minors in the DR.

And if you had a clue about your own country and culture you would know this.

Now do you have a real response to this, or are you just going to keep saying:

"I am not talking about the barrio-girls" and

"all you gringos think your girl is the best"
Seriously Mr, are you a Forrest Gump type of person or did the doctor dropped you?.

You are quoting and posting a post of mine that it says nothing about the things that you claim it says.

Are you saying that SOME upper class people should not be educated?.

If we listen you you and others blabbing that poor people are not educated, then explain to me what heppened to those poor people that ventured into a business, made it big, and then became upper class?. If we listen to you, they brought their un-educated axx with them. So guess what, they need to be educated also!!.

Some of you look down on poor people thinking that you are better than them. Some of you think that poor people can not be educated. Some of you think that the lowest of the lowest people are people from barrios/poor people.

You want proof that a person of poor/humble beginnings can make it?. Just look at you host country's president!!.

Rememebr, one is not always fully educated. EVER!. There are always so many new things that we need to be educated about. Now dissagree on this one too. Or don't dissagree since YOU said a long time ago that you were leaving, yet you are still here. Oh the insanity!!.

3 things for you:

1- I know that you think that I am a pompous axx
2- I think that you are dilussional since you believe whatever "the little person in your head" tells you to believe AND
3- Read your post, number 61 , and be a man of your word and follow your own decision!. Maybe I'll "see" in another forum, hahahahaha.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
Seriously Mr, are you a Forrest Gump type of person or did the doctor dropped you?.

You are quoting and posting a post of mine that it says nothing about the things that you claim it says.

Are you saying that SOME upper class people should not be educated?.

If we listen you you and others blabbing that poor people are not educated, then explain to me what heppened to those poor people that ventured into a business, made it big, and then became upper class?. If we listen to you, they brought their un-educated axx with them. So guess what, they need to be educated also!!.

Some of you look down on poor people thinking that you are better than them. Some of you think that poor people can not be educated. Some of you think that the lowest of the lowest people are people from barrios/poor people.

You want proof that a person of poor/humble beginnings can make it?. Just look at you host country's president!!.

Rememebr, one is not always fully educated. EVER!. There are always so many new things that we need to be educated about. Now dissagree on this one too. Or don't dissagree since YOU said a long time ago that you were leaving, yet you are still here. Oh the insanity!!.

3 things for you:

1- I know that you think that I am a pompous axx
2- I think that you are dilussional since you believe whatever "the little person in your head" tells you to believe AND
3- Read your post, number 61 , and be a man of your word and follow your own decision!. Maybe I'll "see" in another forum, hahahahaha.

I read this twice trying to find a sentence that made enough sense to respond to, but no luck.

You sound like a drunken schizophrenic campesino trying to argue his way out of a traffic ticket, hoping the AMET will just leave him alone cause he's such a nut.

I will keep waiting for your real response.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

MrMike said:
I read this twice trying to find a sentence that made enough sense to respond to, but no luck.

You sound like a drunken schizophrenic campesino trying to argue his way out of a traffic ticket, hoping the AMET will just leave him alone cause he's such a nut.

I will keep waiting for your real response
Yet, you are still here. Did they left the gate open today?.

Now the little person on your head is telling you that only "drunken schizophrenic campesinos" are the only ones that try to get out of a traffic tickets. Man, I guess that MOST of the people on this site, and by the way, most are foreigners, are campesinos!. Let me guess, you have "issues" with the campesinos too.

I will only respond to people that know what in hell are they talking about. Not a dilussional nut that reads one thing and believe that he is reading another thing.

Please, be a man of your world, if you can, and stay away!!.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
Yet, you are still here. Did they left the gate open today?.

Now the little person on your head is telling you that only "drunken schizophrenic campesinos" are the only ones that try to get out of a traffic tickets. Man, I guess that MOST of the people on this site, and by the way, most are foreigners, are campesinos!. Let me guess, you have "issues" with the campesinos too.

You read alot into things, yea sure. I hate campesinos because every one of them is a drunken schizophrenic who can't take his traffic tickets like a man. That's exactly what I said - glad we are finally speaking the same language.

When I compare you to a schizophrenic it's because you seem to be making up my side of the conversation as you go along.

miguel said:
I will only respond to people that know what in hell are they talking about.

What could a person like that possibly have to discuss with you?

miguel said:
Not a dilussional nut that reads one thing and believe that he is reading another thing.

Please, be a man of your world, if you can, and stay away!!.

Still waiting for your real response.

BTW, world = mundo
word = palabra

We can switch to Spanish if that would help you start making sense.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
You again!!

MrMike said:
You read alot into things, yea sure. I hate campesinos because every one of them is a drunken schizophrenic who can't take his traffic tickets like a man. That's exactly what I said - glad we are finally speaking the same language.

****Just the above stament makes you more than an axx hole. How can you hate someone just because YOU think that ALL are drunken schizophrenic. You are generalizing and now, more than ever, do I think that you are just like MANY foreighners that go to the DR and think that just because you are better off than many, that they are beneath you. My best friend's father is a campesino who happens to be a lawyer and he is far from being a drunken schizophrenic. Knowing about inverters and ac's makes you better than them?.

Btw, since you hate them, in case you forgot, remember that they are going nowhere since they are in THEIR country. You don't like them, get the F out of THEIR country!!!!!.

Ps: about "talking" in spanish, give me a break!!. Learn some more and maybe, when you stop being such a racist prick, maybe we can have a dialogue in spanish.

Other than that, be a man and keep your "word" because you are digging your foot so deep into your axx, that it will come out of your mouth!!.

Pss: NOTHING that you had said on this thread I had taken personally until you posted your last post. You called me a few names, I called you a few names. I agreed that we disagree and that makes a good debate. But with your last post, I have nothing else that I want to tell you. Again, read your post, number 61, and either tell the moderator to delete it or keep your word. Remember a man is a man when he can keep his word/promises.

Last edited:

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
jeeeze louise, if u cant take the heat...

:tired: ok, so im a racist...why? because I pointed out that those of you speaking degradingly about the poor barrio girls were in fact white men and the all knowing pakastani...it is what u are dude. get over it. & since I cant c you, well maybe you are italian, irish, russian, whatever...same difference to me. point is, you are a forigner making judgements on peoples whom you really have no idea what they go through (poor girls in the DR). NO, I am not a racist budy, show me where I was being racist. go ahead I dare you.

& I know that no one is begging me for a drink. it was a convo between me and miguel. he told me AZB was truly a nice person & I replied that I could really care less. please dont expect me to be on AZB's jock like u are!!!

Nowhere on this thread am I trynig to act better than anyone, so please stop accusing me of it. & if u did grow up poor (so did i) then have some compassion. These barrio "putas" as u gentlemen like to call them, have the missfortune of not only being poor, but also of living in a male dominated society (you wouldnt know what that is like EVER). They are also being judged by people like you and AZB who are willing to f them but not be seen with then. Just think of all the psychologycal issues that some of these problems bring. nevermind the rest. I know that not all poor people are poor defenseless souls like bambi or some crap. but I do believe that it takes a really really strong person to rise above all the Bull sh%t, ok. If you were one of those, then be proud of yourself, but dont knock others for not being able to.

and seriosly, don't be a crybaby (i.e. your comment about not participating in serios discussions) you sure know how to dish it out, but you just cant take it. :eek:

MrMike said:
Amazing how you can be a total racist and decry sexism in the same thread.
I don't hear anybody begging to have a drink with you. If you think I have no idea what it's like to live in poverty you have no idea of the things I've been through. I am willing to bet that I am better qualified to talk about poverty than anyone posting in this thread. And as a result of my experiences I have no pity for poor people, I know there's a way out, all it requires is for the poor to WAKE THE F UP and quit whining. (well actually the whining is optional, more of a personal preference)

Both you and Miguel are making broader and more offensive generalities than anyone in this thread and both of you are trying to claim moral high ground and calling me and AZB sexists at the same time.

That's it, I'm going to try to not have any more serious discussions on this board, I'll stick to to topics as inconsecuential the weather and the price of beer from as long as I can.

Last edited:

esmebabe

Aug 11, 2005
hello people its been a few days but its carnival here in london,ive been reading the last two pages of threads and a thought occurs to me.......

if azb and mrmike find the dominicans so objectionable,all the women are whores trying to steal their precious sperm and the men are all psycho sankies furiously dodging parking tickets ,why dont you leave

hear the punjab is very nice at this time of the year ,although they take a slightly more hardline approach to you seducing their teenage daughters :bandit:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
MrMike said:

****Just the above stament makes you more than an axx hole. How can you hate someone just because YOU think that ALL are drunken schizophrenic. You are generalizing and now, more than ever, do I think that you are just like MANY foreighners that go to the DR and think that just because you are better off than many, that they are beneath you. My best friend's father is a campesino who happens to be a lawyer and he is far from being a drunken schizophrenic. Knowing about inverters and ac's makes you better than them?.

Btw, since you hate them, in case you forgot, remember that they are going nowhere since they are in THEIR country. You don't like them, get the F out of THEIR country!!!!!.

Ps: about "talking" in spanish, give me a break!!. Learn some more and maybe, when you stop being such a racist prick, maybe we can have a dialogue in spanish.

Other than that, be a man and keep your "word" because you are digging your foot so deep into your axx, that it will come out of your mouth!!.

Pss: NOTHING that you had said on this thread I had taken personally until you posted your last post. You called me a few names, I called you a few names. I agreed that we disagree and that makes a good debate. But with your last post, I have nothing else that I want to tell you. Again, read your post, number 61, and either tell the moderator to delete it or keep your word. Remember a man is a man when he can keep his word/promises.

You have called me alot of names and I have been very patient with you. You have also come dangerously close to insulting my family (my DOMINICAN family)

My post that you quoted above was pure 100% sarcasm. I was making fun of the fact that you misinterpret EVERYTHING.

(like when you you ask you co-workers out and they say "whatever" and make that loser sign - it doesn't mean you can really do "whatever")

Anyway the fact that I have to point this out to you proves you are a good 50 iq points too dumb for me to waste time with.

I said I would try to leave, and I gave it a shot. Decided to stay. Fortunately not everyone on this board is as dumb as you.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
MrMike said:
You have called me alot of names and I have been very patient with you. You have also come dangerously close to insulting my family (my DOMINICAN family)

My post that you quoted above was pure 100% sarcasm. I was making fun of the fact that you misinterpret EVERYTHING.

(like when you you ask you co-workers out and they say "whatever" and make that loser sign - it doesn't mean you can really do "whatever")

Anyway the fact that I have to point this out to you proves you are a good 50 iq points too dumb for me to waste time with.

I said I would try to leave, and I gave it a shot. Decided to stay. Fortunately not everyone on this board is as dumb as you.

What a dilussional prick. Now I tried to insult his family. The prozac that your doctor gave you was not for you to keep hidden away, you know. Listen sick puppy, I would never try to say anything about your family. I did not take ANYTHING you said before personal until you posted your previous post talking bullscrap about the campesino people!.

My post was NOT 100% sarcasm. I meant EVERYTHING I say but you are just to stupid and sick to know the difference.

You said that you were leaving and like a kid in a candy store, you "turned blue on the face" because some are not agreeing with your "mental" opinions and all of a sudden, like a "nino malcriado" (spoiled brat, in case you don't know what it means), decided to stay. You decided to stay because you know for a fact that I am not one of those dominicans that you can try and intimidate with your stupid logics. You know that I will not believe that all that comes out of your mouth is the Gospel truth. I am not one of those who you think is beneath you. I am not one of your "yes" men. You did not leave because you don't have the balls to make a decision and stick to it.

Btw, there are others that are quoting and dissagreeing with you, also. I remind you just in case you are to dumm to read any other posts other than mine.

Btw, are you still here?. I guess that,YES you are!!!. Hahahahaha.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
My post was NOT 100% sarcasm. I meant EVERYTHING I say but you are just to stupid and sick to know the difference.

Dear God, is it possible that he can't read?

mrmike said:

You need to actually READ THE POSTS before replying to them, apparently you suck at skimming.

Let me spell it out for you slowly:

My. Post. Where. I. Said. I. Hate. Campesinos. Was. Pure. Sarcasm.

I don't know how to type in sign language but I am starting to think that's what it will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.