Insurance & Drivers License

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Do you really think it wise to publish this info on a public forum?

This sort of info is best kept restricted....by using the PM function

Gabriel could end up in deep ****

Seek and ye shall find, LOL
R
Gabriel 829-872-8380

I made a note of it in case I ever get brave enough to drive here or if my taxista retires.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Paydirt !!

la Profe's number is the right one

829-872-8380
I texted him and he responded....

he's ready for you HRock.... get off that duff and get there

he'll arrange to meet you..... I met him at Playero, he goes to the bank across the street to pay the fees.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Do you really think it wise to publish this info on a public forum?

This sort of info is best kept restricted....by using the PM function

Gabriel could end up in deep ****

actually, we have done this before with him... somebody else has used his services from DR1

I needed it early on when I had even less chance of communicating in Spanish

he'll be happy to have 2 new clients

So we finally went today with WW's helper guy to POP to get our DR DL. He went in and paid the taxes/fees at Ban Reserve then off we went to The Drivers license place. (Not sure of the actual name of the building) He gave our cedulas and our receipts for the taxes we needed to pay, they photocopied a few things which took 5 minutes then we were told to come back in 40 minutes.
Back we go and our helper goes into the building, told us to just wait in the car and he came out within a few minutes, he comes out with some bad news that since we are so new here they have to send things off to SD and we have to come back in a week or so to POP.
The cost I was a little shocked about but this is for "VIP" service which saves A LOT of hassle. (No trip to SD, no drivers test etc...)

He is a really nice guy and told us if we get stopped by AMET or whoever before we get the licenses and they give us trouble to call him and he will explain the situation.

I will report back when we meet up with him again in a week or so.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So we finally went today with WW's helper guy to POP to get our DR DL. He went in and paid the taxes/fees at Ban Reserve then off we went to The Drivers license place. (Not sure of the actual name of the building) He gave our cedulas and our receipts for the taxes we needed to pay, they photocopied a few things which took 5 minutes then we were told to come back in 40 minutes.
Back we go and our helper goes into the building, told us to just wait in the car and he came out within a few minutes, he comes out with some bad news that since we are so new here they have to send things off to SD and we have to come back in a week or so to POP.
The cost I was a little shocked about but this is for "VIP" service which saves A LOT of hassle. (No trip to SD, no drivers test etc...)

He is a really nice guy and told us if we get stopped by AMET or whoever before we get the licenses and they give us trouble to call him and he will explain the situation.

I will report back when we meet up with him again in a week or so.

HR,
yes, it saves you a lot.... he even goes into the bank for you...
you never lift a finger

and, he's not a shyster..

Today, I wouldn't need him... at your point , I was reliant.

These are people you meet / are introduced to that can be allies in the future

if/when you need something...

you can't just look at it as....$$$

hard for me to express, but trust me,
I have built a network this way

he is one example... I texted him to say I had a friend coming

Imagine !!!
You - a friend !!!??

I was drunk

hahahaha

glad it worked out

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I got a ticket for not having my insurance card with me. When that happens in Florida if there is another ticket with it, as there was in my case the judge will usually drop the one for not having insurance if when one goes to court one can prove that they did in fact have insurance at the time of the incident. So I spoke to a judge here and told her I have insurance but just didn't have thew card with me. She asked if I have a cedula. I admitted that I don't, and she replied "Then you don't have insurance."
So I am with Cobra on this one.
Der Fish

And then what happened?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Always carry a small licensed Dominican person with whom you have practiced the quick seat switch. Dark tinted windows helps conceal the move. Voila, no court, no tickets, no lawsuit, no other guys months long hospital stay bills, end of problem. You don't need no stinkin license.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I don't know how true it is. I was told by my insurance broker that if you are not a resident or overstay your visa your insurance is no good for claims. I have a cedula now but maybe someone can clear it up for others. Also I make sure I always have casa de conductor.