Internet speed solution

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Glad it worked for you.
Could you give us the links you were trying to access?
We'll try them too, and see if we get the same results.
It may have been them, and not you, with the problem.

Normally for Hoy I use http://www.hoy.com.do/app/frontpage.aspx
This results (for me) in a Server Too Busy message. For El Nacional I use http://elnacional.com.do/app/frontpage.aspx
This results in a Resource Cannot be Found message. But, I'm wondering if thay have moved? By altering the URL I found
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital and
El Nacional, la voz de todos
The layouts look completely different from the previous Hoy and El Nacional but unfortunately they don't seem to be working very well (for me) and I can't access enough pages to be able to tell if these are indeed the same papers.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Normally for Hoy I use http://www.hoy.com.do/app/frontpage.aspx
This results (for me) in a Server Too Busy message. For El Nacional I use http://elnacional.com.do/app/frontpage.aspx
This results in a Resource Cannot be Found message. But, I'm wondering if thay have moved? By altering the URL I found
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital and
El Nacional, la voz de todos
The layouts look completely different from the previous Hoy and El Nacional but unfortunately they don't seem to be working very well (for me) and I can't access enough pages to be able to tell if these are indeed the same papers.
It's not you or your computer.
The first 2 links show servor errors, then the following two open the home pages, but when you navigate elsewhere, it also shows a server error, which I guess means, there is a server error, lol.
The important part is that your computer and DNS configuration is OK and I expect they will fix their websites, ma?ana.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For HOY, I just use: Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital and it works like a charm

I seldom read El Nacional.....which used to be one ofthe most widely read newspapers inthe country. they also published ¡Ahora! the political mag.

HB

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Any volunteers? Fellow Mac users? Robert? ;)

1 - Click on your Apple menu and choose System Preferences:

dsl_tcpip_mac-01.jpg

2 - Double-Click on the Network icon:

dsl_tcpip_mac-02.jpg

3 - Click on the adapter that you wish to change (usually Built-in Ethernet) and then click the Configure... button:

dsl_tcpip_mac_03.png

4 - Go to the TCP/IP tab. If your computer is configured to use a dynamic IP address, you should see a screen like this one (notice Using DHCP in the drop-down box next to Configure):

dsl_tcpip_mac-dhcp.jpg

This is where you can change your DNS settings, by entering the appropriate DNS servers in the Domain Name Servers (Optional) box. (In this case where the 66.151.173.1 and 198.147.76.65 addresses are.) DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE SAVE BUTTON in the lower right hand corner.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is where you can change your DNS settings, by entering the appropriate DNS servers in the Domain Name Servers (Optional) box. (In this case where the 66.151.173.1 and 198.147.76.65 addresses are.) DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE SAVE BUTTON in the lower right hand corner.

Hope this helps.

-Tim
Good job, Tim.
I knew there had to be a "Macophite" somewhere, willing to help.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Update - I changed my IP numbers on the weekend and everything is much improved - Google and Gmail are back to normal.

However, the BBC news site is still very slow in loading - no change there, and my Verizon correo adicional webmail xxxxxxxx @ internet.net.do, which I was using as a backup when Gmail was down, has stopped receiving messages altogether.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Update - I changed my IP numbers on the weekend and everything is much improved - Google and Gmail are back to normal.

However, the BBC news site is still very slow in loading - no change there, and my Verizon correo adicional webmail xxxxxxxx @ internet.net.do, which I was using as a backup when Gmail was down, has stopped receiving messages altogether.
If you were using Outlook for that address, it may need to be reconfigured.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's what I thought. Their servers are so clogged up with spam, it's no surprise when this happens.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rocky, we changed dns numbers at home and internet is much quicker now, thanx, you're a miracle man!
turned out that internet problems in my work computer came from the machine itself and my jinxed fingers. my computer is absolutely dead now after crashing three times in two days :-(((

gonebiking

May 13, 2006
dsn numbers

I am computer illeterate and don't know what a dsn number is, where to look for it ,much less try to change it. I'm in Cabarete and have problems with the wireless. Can any one help a 1st. grade computer dropout?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am computer illeterate and don't know what a dsn number is, where to look for it ,much less try to change it. I'm in Cabarete and have problems with the wireless. Can any one help a 1st. grade computer dropout?
Post #39 in this thread, gives you detailed instructions, with pictures, as to how to do it.
If you have any trouble, send me a PM or an email and we'll establish contact through chat or phone and walk you through it.