Intro - Geovanny Vicente-Romero - Brand-new account (24 Hours Ago)

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Carlos, muchas gracias por tus palabras tan amables. Es el comentario más ‘nice’ (nicest) que he leído en mis primeras 48 horas aquí.

Por ejemplo, este es apenas mi segundo post pero en mi primer post, en búsqueda de un socio para juntos trabajar turismo en este país con tanto potencial, hice una oferta donde a una persona que quiera tener (y no pueda) una villa para administrarla y gestionarla para rentas cortas le propuse ponerle una recién construida a su disposición para que esta persona sin tener que hacer la inversión astronómica que conlleva comprar una, pueda por arte de magia decir que tiene una villa que administra conjuntamente con el dueño y dividen las ganancias de forma justa.

Resultado de mi primera experiencia aquí: a la comunidad le resultó más fácil juzgar, criticar y denostar mi propuesta como si yo estuviese llevando a alguien al matadero. Les resultó más difícil entender que es una propuesta en la que solo se enriquecía la conversación con personas interesadas en explorar la idea o aquellas que podrían aportar más ideas. No obstante, todas las preguntas respondí con transparencia, prontitud (como si no tuviera nada más que hacer, ahí Dios está) y sobre todo con mucho respeto.

Hubo gente que usó los siguientes adjetivos: scam, idiota, estúpido, etc. Yo solo hice una propuesta que puede favorecer mucho a quien no tenga los medios necesarios para tener un inmueble de esa categoría e igual le gustaría poder asociarse con alguien para empezar en el negocio de las rentas cortas.

Lo más decepcionante: Los moderadores se unieron al linchamiento al no hacer nada. Como moderador tal vez puedes echar un vistazo al link más abajo. Todos ejercieron su derecho a la expresión pero se olvidaron de lo más importante:

Se ataca al mensaje, no al mensajero...

https://dr1.com/forums/threads/in-n...bitrage-in-punta-cana-dr.409969/#post-5729215

Nuevamente muchas gracias por tu comentario tan gentil.

PD: Como nuevo miembro, no se si es permitido escribir en español, solo procedí a responderte en el mismo idioma por consistencia.
I'll just be blunt. Although, I can only speak for myself, I suspect people are skeptical of your first post because you have such an impressive resume but are promoting a very average property in a very odd way. People are guessing the property is in Downtown Punta Cana, because whoever wrote the promotional material wants them to think that. Downtown Punta Cana is not a prestigious location. And, the actual location of the villa is even less appealing. You have not been forthcoming about the actual location of the villa, but it seems to be in or near Residencial Don Pablo. An area of truly lower end developments without access to entertainment or commercial uses nearby. So, there is a disconnect between who you seem to be and what you are promoting. The two are not consistent in the minds of the average person (if there is such a thing).

But, with your resume, you will surely make valuable contributions here. Buena suerte. The moderators do a pretty good job. You just have to get acquainted with the players. Nothing is perfect.

[Before you get immersed too deeply in the short-term rental business, fertile ground for you to explore, if so inclined, are: 1) the capacity of the infrastructure in the area to support the massive number of these they are building. And 2), the effect of the influx of short-term renters on the community of long-time residents of the area.]

Reactions: aarhus and Big
Aug 21, 2007
Looking forward to some more intellectual, non inflammatory, and objective exchanges.
This is a great forum. Just keep your perspective. Thanks for joining.

I live in a more remote mountain area. Have a masters degree in global education and although I am 70 years old, work 12 hours a day with no pay to improve the education of this country, albeit on a very small level. Did you know that the DR ranks last in the world in education?

Please, as you enjoy the country and take
Part in all it has to offer, remain a journalist first and look at all aspects of society here. There are extremes that if you do not open your perspective you will miss.

Wishing you only the best in all you do.

Looking forward to some more intellectual, non inflammatory, and objective exchanges.
This is a great forum. Just keep your perspective. Thanks for joining.

I live in a more remote mountain area. Have a masters degree in global education and although I am 70 years old, work 12 hours a day with no pay to improve the education of this country, albeit on a very small level. Did you know that the DR ranks last in the world in education?

Please, as you enjoy the country and take
Part in all it has to offer, remain a journalist first and look at all aspects of society here. There are extremes that if you do not open your perspective you will miss.

Wishing you only the best in all you do.
Thank you so much for the warn welcome and for sharing a little bit of your professional background, LindseyKaufman! I also appreciate the great piece of advice you shared through your comment. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Reactions: LindseyKaufman