Inverter battery question?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, the quick release caps can be used on other batteries as well.

Jump on FB marketplace and search for Trojan and you'll see dozens of ads for them.
Oh I have seen them but if you order them from Uncle's Tito's brother's cousin on FB or Corotos - likely you will send your money and get Bubkis and if it isn't a tienda you have no recourse or guarantee.
Ask those sellers where you can visit their store, ....then crickets

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Let me enlighten you Magoo.... about solar

Ain't no sun at night..... that's when you use batteries
All day , the solar panels work to recharge the battery bank

At night, the luz Publica keeps them topped up....they never go down except when we lose (rarely) street power

No more battery mtce issues..... an absolute dream

Have a look at Rebecca's system..... HUGE
I appreciate that you see me as not knowing there is no sun at night. I now feel like I need some more material on you other than that Mudanza is a moving van. I'll have to send out some feelers lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
7DA890CC-B7F0-47B8-AB9B-7AAD559535A1.jpeg

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Oh I have seen them but if you order them from Uncle's Tito's brother's cousin on FB or Corotos - likely you will send your money and get Bubkis and if it isn't a tienda you have no recourse or guarantee.
Ask those sellers where you can visit their store, ....then crickets
I concur with you Billy Boy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So, today is the 4 yr anniversary of my Trace batteries. Gosh, where does the time go?

I mentioned a few months back that one had died, and I replaced it with another new one. (Not recommended, but WTF)

My inverter has been working normally ever since I swapped that one out.

I'm wondering how much longer they'll go.

Chico, did you ever buy your speed caps? I bought mine on Amazon many, many moons ago and they're still as good as new.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
JD, how much actual use did those batteries get during those four years? How often were you without power for extended periods of time?

Wet cell lead acid battery life his highly dependent upon the number of times a battery is discharged and the depth of those discharges.

If they are hardly ever discharged, or those discharges are less than 50% , such batteries can last a long time. I have Trojan T 105 batteries that are over 5 years old and still have reasonable capacity since we hardly ever lose power (mostly maintenance on Tuesdays) at this time.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
JD, how much actual use did those batteries get during those four years? How often were you without power for extended periods of time?

Wet cell lead acid battery life his highly dependent upon the number of times a battery is discharged and the depth of those discharges.

If they are hardly ever discharged, or those discharges are less than 50% , such batteries can last a long time. I have Trojan T 105 batteries that are over 5 years old and still have reasonable capacity since we hardly ever lose power (mostly maintenance on Tuesdays) at this time.
I can't tell you, Windy. I hardly ever notice when the electricity goes off. I'm on a 24/7 circuit as well so there's that as well.

The only way I know it goes off is when I see the LED temperature on the A/C's, which happens when you turn them off and back on again and that doesn't happen very often.

In those 4 years, I have only started the generator 3 times to recharge them batteries after an extended outage.

I'm guessing you hit the nail on the head on what my usage probably is.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So, today is the 4 yr anniversary of my Trace batteries. Gosh, where does the time go?

I mentioned a few months back that one had died, and I replaced it with another new one. (Not recommended, but WTF)

My inverter has been working normally ever since I swapped that one out.

I'm wondering how much longer they'll go.

Chico, did you ever buy your speed caps? I bought mine on Amazon many, many moons ago and they're still as good as new.
My NAPA batteries came with them, so no need for me to buy.
They beat unscrewing 12 individual caps on my 4 batteries.
And the NAPAs seen to perform well, but they are only a year old

Reactions: JD Jones