so the investment opportunity is no longer available

as i am about the cancel the next months two checks and squat on rent strike
i trained with Saul Alensky

and went to jail in Vieques

so i think hta that a rent strike here is order

i trained in that under julian bond.. organized harlem in the late 60s

so this will be an interesting journey

now i am better

Be careful with that. I know someone in SD who went to jail for writing a bad check, and you're talking about two.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Stay focused, E, and don't get stressed out too much. You have the winning hand. You've got a very nice place and I know you don't want to leave it. But, don't let this challenge throw you off your square!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
gracias a dioses

i cannnot use the masculine form since the male of the human specieis thinks that means HIM

which i s why i can no longer go into the church to worship with my episcopalians

but the sacre dote game gave me permission to sit in the garden

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
i do try to be ever mindful land grateful for my privilege.. most of which is my oho azules and pelo buena

but it helps that i am blessed to have been taught mannars

but i always give money to the old women who are on the street

hell .. that would be me

there but for fortune
Joan Baez - There But For Fortune - YouTube
Huh?

Old?

You're only in your 60's for Cripes sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
Yes ,another stay in jail for ma? ; uninvited guest and squatting, causing disputes. No wonder good Dominicans get fed up when the US sends US citizens that are jail trash.

Pay the back rent, sign a new lese contract at a reasonable sum $800 a month
ma can stay at a Salvation army hostel in the US without bothering anyone.

yapask1

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Pay the back rent, sign a new lese contract at a reasonable sum $800 a month
ma can stay at a Salvation army hostel in the US without bothering anyone.

yapask1

800USD???!? Are you out in the sun too much?

For 800USD, you can live better than king of Thailands. 800USD will buy earth-saving sailboat full of seaweed and fresh conch shells containing fresh conch.

You can get unlimited coco-nuts, which make coco-nut soup, coco-nut stew, coco-nut salad (when mixed with local grasses), coco-nut saute',...

...coco-nut milk, and coco-nut flavored coco-nut, for less.

You can buy tarp, which can be a carbon-footprint-free shelter, hammock, or seaweed/coco-nut holder. And still a little USD left over for buying tin foil, which is good for solar-cookers and hatmaking.

If I had 800USD a month, I be living the life of Yappy, thats for sure.

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
rents paid by non-parasites are could be about 8% of market value plus management fees.

Con artists SUCH AS MA are not nice .... If she rents at $250 place worth $30,000 and has contract, pays rent on time no problem.

yapask1

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Para-sites can make excellent seasoning for seaweed soup.

1) Pull para-sites off body (acquired for free).
2) Remove heads (too crunchy).
3) Roast all night in solar cooker.
4) Chop using sharpened stone (available for free or really cheap wherever stones that are sharp can be found).
5) Add pepper $.0001 per serving, free packets available in fast food stores (but you must move faster if you're not buying food).
6) Add to seaweed soup (made of salt water, seaweed and coco-nut juices), and enjoy! Total cost $.0001, and ridding world of para-sites.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
the embassy did report that one American HAS been deported. Criminals are put in jail here. I have broken the law twice. I was in jail twice.I knew that I was breaking the law when i put the rock through the window of the cocaine belgian realtor in Las Terreanas

but clearly, they are still letting hte WRONG sort of foreigner into town

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
as soon as i get my passport and health back i will pop over.. it is only a one half hour flight

or the ferry docks right close......

lost the passport while at the hospital in las terrenas.. along with the credit cards... but those i have fixed and the embassy knows about the passport

the state department and my family are on good chatty terms now

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
walked by my old apartment building which i adored... only moved out for the rats!! no, really, they could NOT resist my eggplant parm.. but the building has had a major upgrade. So I am relaxed a bit about this all, We might not have to go to attorneys after all I really do not want this to become adverserial since neither one of us wants the stress

although i do think that showing up at my door two weeks after she took three months rent checks.. well.. hardly going to make me stress free.

So my plan now is to have my part time secretary call her and explain that i need time to find another apartment.. and that I am willing and ready to go to an attorney and have the rent withheld since that is my right.. by withheld i mean that it goes to an attorney.. this is probably prudent in any case.

then she goes to get it at the attorneys

meanwhile i add up all the work i have had done.. and deduct or add the cost of replacement applieances.. as in come to a figure that i think is fair....

so that we can settle up accounts.

but if she is nice to me, she can list and show the apartment. and if she is not, she cannot

does this make any sense? does it seem fair?

i do not think that she really wants to sell it... she just wants more money for it. but under the law you have to sell lit or move back into yourselves. And she is in her seventies and already on the ground floor.. why move up three flights when she has not lived here.

welll, i would suggest that she is not a fool. She is a trickster.

And with a trickster.. well.. I am a NYer born and raised

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
So my plan now is to have my part time secretary call her and explain that i need time to find another apartment.. and that I am willing and ready to go to an attorney and have the rent withheld since that is my right.. by withheld i mean that it goes to an attorney.. this is probably prudent in any case.
I understand the proper protocol is NOT an attorney holding the rent, but Banco Agricola.

I'd be surprised, NYer or not, that you have a legal leg to stand on.

The $$$ you spent on upgrades is gone because you don't have one document giving you authorization. Just deal with it. Like every other renter on this island. Your case is hardly unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.