Is lamb a meat you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sheep

Don't know the breed I'm afraid but, no, we didnt import them. We bought them quite locally from 2 different people and just know they are one of the 4breeds normally found in the DR.

Don't understand the reference to whine? Am I being stupid?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I believe the OP is referring to winery in Pata de Gallina.
He is your next door neighbor!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are raising sheep and I wondered if anyone was interested in lamb for dinner or to breed some more - I didn't expect to be sent riddles to decipher

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
not offering to buy lamb but I have a good recipe for mint sauce (english style not sweet jelly) very simple to make with a little oil and wine vinegar and some crushed fresh mint leaves and small amt. of sugar to taste. Should sit for about an hour before using

Elizabeth

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It wasn't me!!

My name is Shirley
We moved to DR from Devon, England just over 9 months ago now. Its now obvious to me that you must be confusing me with someone else.

A

apostropheman

ok Shirley, hope you have a sense of humour.:cheeky:

sometimes the inmates get to run the asylum...until the moderators catch up with us:bunny::bunny::bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Me

Fortunately I do have a sense of humour but many thanks to Sharlene for defending my corner..... guess I didn't know what I was getting into

A

apostropheman

Shirley, are you by chance living in pata de gallina?
My name is Shirley
We moved to DR from Devon, England just over 9 months ago now. Its now obvious to me that you must be confusing me with someone else.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
They are now selling Australian legs of lamb in the Playero supermecado in sosua ( only 2 left ) they also have USDA choice beef. Now were talking !!

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
I am not saying Australian lamb is better or not . I would prefer fresh lamb I just cannot buy any here. I will not travel far to buy some.

I was just sharing this info for lamb lovers. here in Sosua where it is now available.

When it thaws out and I cook it i will let you know if it is any good or not.

If it's no good I will make a currie

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
australian lamb

i get the sam lamb from Carefour in SD. It is quite good. not the best but still enjoyable. You can use the leftovers for a curry and the left of leftovers for a nice lamb soup. yumee....

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I just want to say that I've been to Shirley's farm with my girls, seen her lambs, horses, cattle, dogs, birds etc etc etc and she's a lovely lady and very hospitable. So I'm assuming that she's not the person that you're all thinking she may be......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.