Is this why IMF and the present adnimistration are so buddy-buddy?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Folks, this was a spoof of sorts.

I figured like this: The DR gets 1.7 billion from IMF. IMF chief visits DR with some frequency. DR well know for "accommodating" tourists. THEREFORE, he "might" have enjoyed himself here a lot, thereby smoothing the way to that 1.7 million bail out...etc etc etc...

No big deal.

His big deal is that he is in hot water. The French presidential race is in a turmoil and he was the leading candidate!! Oy my, just like Tiger Woods, or the governor of South Carolina>?????

Old Saying: "God gave Man two heads and the blood to use one of them at a time!"

HB

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
You are a complex character Yan.
In 99% of posts you are anti establishment, yet in this post you are staunchly defending an establishment guy of very high order.
We all agree that he is innocent until proven guilty but the early evidence does look damning.
Since this guy is an eilte establishment guy he will stand a much better chance than most of beating the charges.
This is not right,nor does it mean he is innocent, it is just the way the US (and many other) judicial systems is.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Old Saying: "God gave Man two heads and the blood to use one of them at a time!" HB[/QUOTE said:
And, as luck will have it.... as we age, the larger head regains its proper priority..... some of the time....

The guy is what ? 62 ?

Puhleeeze.... "let me feel ya, Ophelia "..... as my old friend Bill Shakespeare used to say

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
... at least he did not eat beef
yan would be all over that!
manu
Yeah, but a $3000 suite and first class airfare, the weasel had an enormous carbon footprint. yan would summarily pronounce him GUILTY!

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
Well being its been on the news all day here I can say one word GUILTY evidence & running basically to the airport? and who forgets their cell phone...... and he got picked out of a lineup earlier .... and he visits DR? hmm a older perv with political pull in a country where fun can be had by a man of any age.. yes i would say hes a freak who is clearly guilty........And matter of fact alot of rape cases here get convictions with less evidence....

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
This just in...

Latest reports just in, he offered her his bail-out package. She refused. He tried to make a direct deposit. More at 11.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Well being its been on the news all day here I can say one word GUILTY evidence & running basically to the airport? and who forgets their cell phone...... and he got picked out of a lineup earlier .... and he visits DR? hmm a older perv with political pull in a country where fun can be had by a man of any age.. yes i would say hes a freak who is clearly guilty........And matter of fact alot of rape cases here get convictions with less evidence....

so what the f*ck does that mean? You think because he is French, the French will condone it? My god... you are so beyond the reality if you think that.

He did get away apparently with some accusation in 2008, because of the financial crisis at the time, and I find this disgusting...

But let us keep reality in mind... if those accusations are real, the guy deserves a full trial and a full sentence. Things do not look good for him, but let us await the evidence...

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
HB, you posted maverick thread knowing how this would degenerate.
Splendid!
The knowledge of most of our posters about French and IMF policy has been enhanced by the IQ gas delivered in the aeroplane and a trial by a jury of his peers is no longer necessary. DR 1 has spoken.
Quod erat demonstratum.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, Actually I posted it because I thought it was ironic that the man who holds/held the DR in his hand would get involved is such a sordid thing when all he had to do was hop on a plane and visit his "friends" in the local government administration who would have provided him with outstanding service!!

Of course I was taking a backhand cut at the local administration as well.

But people see this as they want to see this. I have not said or even implied that he was guilty of anything. I mentioned Tiger that that governor because they messed up their lives in a similar manner.

Somebody brought up Berlusconi (sp?) and his Dominican lover...okay, it has a DR connection...

Come on, this is really serious since the IMF board has already named an "interim" director-general...which means that the DR will have to figure out how to win his good graces...

HB