James and the Weed

Dec 26, 2011
because the government wants to show its power that you cannot control your state of mind, only the it (the government) can control your mind.

Exactly. Creativity and originality in the subjects makes them hard to control. Alcohol, OTOH, seems to be doing wonders.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
While I agree that the government should be going after the micro-traffickers instead of guys like this it's still an incredibly stupid thing to do or maybe like some people have mentioned he felt he could just skirt the laws and/or buy his way out. I have a feeling many ex-pats somehow believe that because we're a corrupt country they can do whatever...which is only true if you are "pegado" with the higher ups. Anyone who has spent more than a few days in The DR know that growing Marijuana is still somewhat taboo in The DR.

I hope he gets a few days in jail to correct his stupidity...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Exactly Don p this is not about morals this is about money this guy was growing some good weed and probabally cutting in on the police(who get paid by the drug points) and the drug boys period. Stupid to be involved in this yes but snitched on for sure as this was inside his house verty hard to detect. So Wishing you Well if you think the police judges and what not consider this a moral victory your wrong 2 things will happen either this guy gets locked up for a few years because he has no money or he pays out some $$$ and walks off free what is more ileagal in the long run? Like i said do you even live in the DR its so corrupt here you can kill someonwe in cold blood with witnesses around and still pay to get off!!!!!
Wake up a few trees growing is not a big deal the big deal is the tons of coke going thru this country how??? Via the army navy and police the big deal is now you have the Mexican cartels here and when the poo poo hits the fan watch out!!! Not some old guy growing some trees in his house. Why dont the DR think out of the box and legalise canibus it would open up a whole new tourism and taxation thus providing funds for more jeeptas and big house for government officials.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Drug Money Needs to Flow

Why dont the DR think out of the box and legalise canibus it would open up a whole new tourism and taxation thus providing funds for more jeeptas and big house for government officials.

Now, that is easy to answer. :bunny:
The way it is now, those government crooks earn much more than if drugs (marihuana in this case) were legalized. :tired:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i swear to you, what a fool. he could have kept few plants scattered in the garden, among platanos and dominican cereza, just for himself. no one would ever know and no one would ever bother him. heck, most likely he would feel totally relaxed 24/7 :)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Yes indoors, where else would one grow it? All those I have known who have grown it have done it indoors wirth Grow bulbs in their flourescent fixtures. And I've known at least a dozen such indoor gardens over the years from Minnesota to Tenn and Florida and Maine! Don't try it outside. The law enforcement people know it by site, even if you don't.
Der Fish

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aUBdMP7xDiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lettuce? hahahahahaha

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nah, i have a wall over my property that is over two meters tall. who will see inside? and who will come to check what plants do i have with two nice rotties running around?

yes, i knew folks growing pot back home. but poland's weather ain't good for merry mary. but DR is perfect for that!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It is very difficult to have sympathy for anyone caught with drugs of any illegal sort in DR. It is impossible to buy, use, grow or even talk to ANYONE without word being relayed back to someone involved in the extortion of someones money, somehow, someway. If people are too green to know that then it is unlucky as there arent too many out there who have never indulged at some point in life. But contrary to outside belief (that the Caribbean is the place to CHILL) we know it is only truely CHILLED when you cut yourself off from EVERYONE, and I know of only a few who have actually done that, or who would want to do that.
The DR is probably the only place Ive ever lived where I believe you are less at risk of rubbing with the law than if you were to murder someone than to use drugs, truely, everyone who uses outside of thier home or has ever talked about it has come up against it at some point, in some way. Not to say Id prefer to kill someone than smoke a spliff, just in the DR it is much safer to do neither, as each are as likely to land you in trouble, and each will probably carry the same sentence and costs to get you out.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Burning Fuel over Sos?a

.... cultivating the weed on the roof of his house, if this is the case then it was visible from the air...

Yeah, sure.
DNCD choppers or 'super tucanos' flying over Sos?a to detect marihuana plants.... :laugh:

Those must be PICHARDO's special forces, he so often talks about.... :rolleyes:

donP