James and the Weed

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, sure.
DNCD choppers or 'super tucanos' flying over Sos?a to detect marihuana plants.... :laugh:

Those must be PICHARDO's special forces, he so often talks about.... :rolleyes:

donP

Dude it's up to you whether you choose believe listin diario or not, one thing is certain, and that is that military copters do search for illegal substance in DR. Not long ago, two Mexicans and one Dominican were caught with a whole field of weed in Santiago.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Well i saw the video of them arresting him and the took out a bunch of florecscent lights used to grow indoors he may have had some on his roof most guys grow indoors to controll the amount of light and keeo away frok eyes and weather He got Snitched on this was not a case of good police work !

Sep 4, 2012
Exactly Don p this is not about morals .

Well, it should be. If law enforcement has none, there at the least should be at the individual level. If law enforcements act corrupted as you suggest, that is not a reason for an individual to break the laws. Somebody has to be accountable.

Again, I do not condone corruption at any level and understand the corruption in the DR is vivid and well alive, but good lord; how about we take individual responsibilities for what we do?

Laws are laws and they were meant to be obeyed.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
Well i saw the video of them arresting him and the took out a bunch of florecscent lights used to grow indoors he may have had some on his roof most guys grow indoors to controll the amount of light and keeo away frok eyes and weather He got Snitched on this was not a case of good police work !

Who cares if it was good police work or not? The good thing is a bad fellow was busted doing something illegal. Police, law enforcement and their good or poor ethics, or whether he was snitched upon or not is irrelevant.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
A bad fellow really?? For growing a few weed trees? if your skin is so thin I suggest never coming to the DR you will be highly offended at the amount of lawlessness in this country as one of my Domincans buddies told me theres the right way then theres the Domincan way if you try to do things the right way you lose !
You are missing my point about being snitched on he got snitched on for probabaly cutting into other drug dealers profits not because someone had morals and decided to do the right thing ! This is the DR not the western world !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Also as I watched this on chanel 3 the other night locals could call up and give theirt opinion about this case you know what people where calling up and saying ?? Please contact the cable company the cable is out from Islabon to Cabarete and we need it fixed because its the first game of the World Series!!! No one even cared about a few canibus plants !

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Different Planet

If law enforcements act corrupted as you suggest, that is not a reason for an individual to break the laws. Somebody has to be accountable.
(...) how about we take individual responsibilities for what we do?
Laws are laws and they were meant to be obeyed.

Nice words.

However, in very many cases of crime in this country "law enforcement" is (at one level or the other) involved. (> Reported daily in the newspapers.)
Taking responsibility for one's actions is not a Dominican virtue - to say the least (> "No fui yo.")

I guess, on your planet, the Dominican Republic simply does not exist.... :rolleyes:
Wishing you well... when reality hits.

donP

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Nice words.

However, in very many cases of crime in this country "law enforcement" is (at one level or the other) involved. (> Reported daily in the newspapers.)
Taking responsibility for one's actions is not a Dominican virtue - to say the least (> "No fui yo.")

I guess, on your planet, the Dominican Republic simply does not exist.... :rolleyes:

donP

This all may be true. If this guy didnt have any weed in his house. He wouldnt be in trouble. Crooked cops are an even bigger reason not to have a problem with the law.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
This all may be true. If this guy didnt have any weed in his house. He wouldnt be in trouble. Crooked cops are an even bigger reason not to have a problem with the law.

This is true but my point is this guy got caught not because it was illegal more to the fact that he got caught because he probabaly was not paying the cops off or cutting into the other drug dealers profits wich in the end cuts into the police profits. I am not saying its not ilegal I agree though stupid to do anything like this !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
If this guy has about 20 grand he will get off if not hes gonna do some time not much maybe 6 months to a year.

Sep 4, 2012
Nice words.

As per earlier replies that might've been already established on the thread, and I've no reason to question it nor will I, so I suggest to stop beating this horse.... :)

But the person involved wasn't even Dominican (no that I care either way) why do you use this a source of defense or to shield something that was obviously illegal? Whomever was involved, and whatever their nationality was is/should be irrelevant. The law was broken and consequences are awaiting, period.

donP

I just can put two and two together, what does DR has to do with someone braking the law? The same exact thing happens every minute in many different countries. I mean, laws are established and citizens must obey them; it is that simple.

Can we focus on the illegal act and the perpetrator actions as opposed to where it happened?

If the same event would've happened in China, what would've been your posture?

I wish you well, even if it happens in China, the DR or Mongolia.

Last edited:

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
A friend of a friend of a friend has been growing for over 32 years; enough for himself, a joint at night, is the only way he can go to sleep. This CAN guy had too much.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Lawless Behaviour and the Ostrich

The law was broken and consequences are awaiting...
You seem to believe in rules, which in the Dominican Republic do not exist or are not applied the way you think they should be enforced.

what does DR has to do with someone braking the law?
Indeed, very little. :tired:

...laws are established and citizens must obey them; it is that simple.
The Dominican Republic has laws as good as any other country; people here just do not care much about them... :bunny:
No, no consequences in most of the cases, less for the rich and well connected.

Thus there is the law and then there is reality.
It seems that the latter you stubbornly do not want to see.

donP

Sep 4, 2012
You seem to believe in rules, which in the Dominican Republic do not exist or are not applied the way you think they should be enforced.

Indeed, very little. :tired:

The Dominican Republic has laws as good as any other country; people here just do not care much about them... :bunny:
No, no consequences in most of the cases, less for the rich and well connected.

Thus there is the law and then there is reality.
It seems that the latter you stubbornly do not want to see.donP

Indeed I believe in rules, hence living within a society. The based of a society are its people, its rules and the acceptance of them. I'm quoting what I believe is/was an excellent reply by you, although in a different thread still applies to the same principles that I truly believe you as well hold true to your individual core.

Without doubt, it can be "fixed". But the question is, whether some illegality should be made "right" with another wrongdoing.

That my cyber friend is exactly my point and agree with it 100%. "Lo legal no mata lo humano."

Beautiful weekend, isn't'? :smoke:

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Mr Don

Whether or not the law is enforced ad hoc there is a ryhme or reason to it. If you are a gringo without alot of juice you should not break the law. Sure there are murderers and ladrones and los traficantes work in govt. That has as much relevance as the price of tea in china when the cops are kicking your door in.
People who argue abut whether or not a law is just make me laugh.