Jarabacoa Golf Club Condition?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Anyone knows condition of the golf course and cost on Saturday or Sunday?

Since my wife had gone couple of rounds with her friends, now she wants to go where not that many people are around and learn etiquette and basic rules of golf. I am no expert or play well but I want to teach her basics and give her few pointers that she might not understood from her 12 lessons from Jason at Las Aromas. So this might take a while to complete and I don't want her to be rushed or bother peoples for slow play. Since we don't have babysitter, golf cart is must for my son and wife to move around and Caddy since it will be my first time there.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not too busy most of the time. It is a relatively short course with mainly elevated greens. Caddies are 3-400 pesos for nine holes.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
just play later in the day.. hire someone golf is about movement finding your ball hitting it

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Not too busy most of the time. It is a relatively short course with mainly elevated greens. Caddies are 3-400 pesos for nine holes.
So I understand that we will get discounted prices since we have membership in Las Aromas? I heard this is perfect walking course but do they have golf cart available? I would like to have my son swing few times but it would be too much to ask 5 yrs old, when he is asked to walk 2-3+ hours.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
just play later in the day.. hire someone golf is about movement finding your ball hitting it
Thanks,

We are planing to go between 1:30 - 2pm and stay there until around 5:30-6pm , and have early dinner of ribs/chivo and head home.

A little family fun day....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, easy course to walk, and yes they have golf carts. I can't remember the price, but it's not expensive, for either green fees or cart. If you hit into the woods the caddy will chase your ball down. There are several dogleg rights but they are short doglegs so driver is only required on one or two holes. Last time I golfed there I used a five wood, seven iron, pitching wedge and a putter and got an acceptable two over par.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Yes, easy course to walk, and yes they have golf carts. I can't remember the price, but it's not expensive, for either green fees or cart. If you hit into the woods the caddy will chase your ball down. There are several dogleg rights but they are short doglegs so driver is only required on one or two holes. Last time I golfed there I used a five wood, seven iron, pitching wedge and a putter and got an acceptable two over par.

Last weekend teaching pro adjusted few things on my swing and the most of the hits were beautiful on the range but I am afraid I didn't had much time to practice on Sunday. My ball could be all over the place and since my wife is new, caddie should have good workout.

Thanks, Let's see how it goes.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

8-10 dollars for a kid to lug my bag he can do 4 a day at half price thats 20 aday 140 week 6000a week holy cow im a caddy///over 300k a yr like a politician 600k if you pay full price how many peeps playing make 600k a yr

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
8-10 dollars for a kid to lug my bag he can do 4 a day at half price thats 20 aday 140 week 6000a week holy cow im a caddy///over 300k a yr like a politician 600k if you pay full price how many peeps playing make 600k a yr

Caddie is not mandatory, the kids know the course really well, almost all of them golf and can help you play the course. If you can afford to golf you can afford a caddie. The course is not that busy. Work on your math skills.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jarabacoa is a little hidden gem of a course.
The Caddie Master is a really nice guy and will accommodate you to the max.
Golf only has a few rules Rules:
Do:

Play at a reasonable pace.

Repair ball marks, replace divots, and rake bunkers.

Pay attention to the rules as they are laid out and administered by the R&A and the USGA.

Have the player who is farthest away from the pin hit first on each shot.

Let the winner of the previous hole tee off first at the next tee.

Take a caddie whenever possible.

Turn in every score for handicap purposes.

Respect the rules and regulations of the course you are playing.

Don't:

Move or talk while someone in your group is hitting the ball (or about to hit).

Ask your opponent what club he hit.

Walk across the line of another player's putt on the green.

Hit your shots until the group in front of you is well out of range.

Ever play when lightning is in the area.

Be like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. (Whenever you go out to play, remember that understated is best.)

Hold up other players.

HB, who used to play every day at dawn in Las Aromas and misses the game.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's a golf quiz for for you HB - and others

The etiquette of the winner from the previous hole playing first.
He has 'the honor'

Is that 'honor' an obligation or a privilege ?
ie.... must he or may he?

EG.
moving to #16 at Cypress Point (difficult par 3).
Would you rather play first, or have your opponent play first ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is no choice, the winner plays first. That is the rule of any tournament.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is no choice, the winner plays first. That is the rule of any tournament.

Research that further SKY, and consider match play, not medal.

There is huge discussion on this on Golf Atlas (I think)
My friend Tom Paul has taken the issue to the highest officials in the game and has yet to get a definitive answer.... after years of discussion

it's just one of things...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Research that further SKY, and consider match play, not medal.

There is huge discussion on this on Golf Atlas (I think)
My friend Tom Paul has taken the issue to the highest officials in the game and has yet to get a definitive answer.... after years of discussion

it's just one of things...

This from the USGA Official Rules

10-2. Stroke Play
a. When Starting Play of Hole

The competitor who has the honor at the first teeing ground is determined by the order of the draw. In the absence of a draw, the honor should be decided by lot.

The competitor with the lowest score at a hole takes the honor at the next teeing ground. The competitor with the second lowest score plays next and so on. If two or more competitors have the same score at a hole, they play from the next teeing ground in the same order as at the previous teeing ground.

10-1. Match Play

The side that has the honor at the first teeing ground is determined by the order of the draw. In the absence of a draw, the honor should be decided by lot.

The side that wins a hole takes the honor at the next teeing ground. If a hole has been halved, the side that had the honor at the previous teeing ground retains it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Jarabacoa is a little hidden gem of a course.
The Caddie Master is a really nice guy and will accommodate you to the max.
Golf only has a few rules Rules:
Do:

Play at a reasonable pace.

Repair ball marks, replace divots, and rake bunkers.

Pay attention to the rules as they are laid out and administered by the R&A and the USGA.

Have the player who is farthest away from the pin hit first on each shot.

Let the winner of the previous hole tee off first at the next tee.

Take a caddie whenever possible.

Turn in every score for handicap purposes.

Respect the rules and regulations of the course you are playing.

Don't:

Move or talk while someone in your group is hitting the ball (or about to hit).

Ask your opponent what club he hit.

Walk across the line of another player's putt on the green.

Hit your shots until the group in front of you is well out of range.

Ever play when lightning is in the area.

Be like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. (Whenever you go out to play, remember that understated is best.)

Hold up other players.

HB, who used to play every day at dawn in Las Aromas and misses the game.
HB,

Good one!
I had been giving quick quiz for few days. She seems to know some of etiquette you mentioned and some penalties but let's see if she follows it on the course. Plus I want to see if she knows about etiquette on the green. If her knowledge on golf etiquette and penalties are set I am going to give her other basics like hitting from different lies and winds effecting the golf flight, score keeping and etc, just to give her extra things to think about.

Although she asked, if she doesn't want to be bothered, I am just going to let her be through the holes. I might be over thinking and over preparing again. It looks like I need more practice more than her these days. Let's see how everything starts on the day.

How come you no longer play?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Caddie is not mandatory, the kids know the course really well, almost all of them golf and can help you play the course. If you can afford to golf you can afford a caddie. The course is not that busy. Work on your math skills.
Caddie is worth it, in my opinion. Especially if the caddie is very good at reading greens and tracking down lost ball. Although my family don't play here, they uses expensive balls like Pro-V's, those are close to $4 a ball. But right now I use cheap $0.50 Mojo or (Opow :) ) balls through discount and coupons, so it really doesn't matter. Also if they point you right direction on green, layup, direction to hit, they are definitely worth 15-20 bucks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This from the USGA Official Rules

10-2. Stroke Play

The competitor who has the honor at the first teeing ground is determined by the order of the draw. In the absence of a draw, the honor should be decided by lot.

The competitor with the lowest score at a hole takes the honor at the next teeing ground. The competitor with the second lowest score plays next and so on. If two or more competitors have the same score at a hole, they play from the next teeing ground in the same order as at the previous teeing ground.

10-1. Match Play

The side that has the honor at the first teeing ground is determined by the order of the draw. In the absence of a draw, the honor should be decided by lot.

The side that wins a hole takes the honor at the next teeing ground. If a hole has been halved, the side that had the honor at the previous teeing ground retains it.

SKy,
I am well aware of the rulebook....
remember , there is no penalty for playing out of turn...

My friend who started this question, Tom Paul, has taken it to the Head of the USGA Rules Committee who has refused to state what you state.

As I said, after years of discussion no definitive answer.
A grey area, so to speak.

Another of golf's little curiosities......