Jet Blue to serve Puerto Plata

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
JetBlue costs are lower, planes are smaller, incentives are bigger than AA on the route which should help them weather the storm a bit.
DL has both STI and POP in their budget for 2008, for whatever that's worth.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
With all due respect, I have an internal DL document stating exactly that the plug on ATL-POP, ATL-STI, and FLL-SDQ would be pulled THIS WINTER. In much more official speak, and the reasoning behind it, the equipment (planes) would be used in more profitable markets. They would maintain focus on the JFK/ATL-SDQ and JFK/ATL-PUJ routes.

However, it was an internal document, and has yet to be released publicly. I'm not sure why, nor is it my business, other than I'll be travelling less to the DR in the near future. Either way, I'm not posting it, nor specifically revealing my sources.

JetBlue would only be the latest in line to start the POP market, only to realize it's not worth it, and pull the route. If there was any kind of real value in it, at the least, American would've stayed there and defended it.

Then why are you posting NON PUBLIC information on the internet, if it was not released? This is considered insider trading for anybody that might use this information.

tambo'

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Then why are you posting NON PUBLIC information on the internet, if it was not released? This is considered insider trading for anybody that might use this information.

tambo'

Well all his sources are wrong. Delta never runs ATL-STI as a regular basis, they only flow this routes two times only in December 15 and January 3 or 5. Delta never discontinue ATL-POP, I dont know if they going to end this route or they going to keep this route. Regrading of SDQ-FLL its was a totally mistake, they never should enter this markey..maybe if they enter Miami they will have success. Delta may launch SDQ-SJU in the near future just like TWA. American is going to start again FLL-SDQ(I dont know why they even bother starting this route), its spirit air route not american. Huge investment will come to our country.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
JetBlue to Santiago that is the subject of the OP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JetBlue filed at the Transportation Department to begin flying to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, saying it was prepared to start service from Kennedy in January."

-Travelweekly.com
the above is taken from the OP text

i dont see santiago written anywhere whithin the OP text mr h

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JetBlue filed at the Transportation Department to begin flying to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, saying it was prepared to start service from Kennedy in January."

-Travelweekly.com
the above is taken from the OP text

i dont see santiago written anywhere whithin the OP text mr h

Must be a slow week....what do I get 30 lashes.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
We usually fly down about 4 times a year and always compare flights out of JFK and Newark going into either POP or STI. When we flew down in August for 10 days, the cheapest fare for 3 people was Continental nonstop out of Newark into POP or STI..same fare so we came into POP. We are flying down in November and the best fare by far was American nonstop from JFK into STI. We are also flying down in February and I looked into JetBlue vs. Continental into POP or American into STI and both the Continental and American flights were cheaper.....so unless JetBlue intends to offer cheaper flights into POP they are not going to last long there

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I looked into JetBlue vs. Continental into POP or American into STI and both the Continental and American flights were cheaper.....so unless JetBlue intends to offer cheaper flights into POP they are not going to last long there
Was there a big difference in price?
They would have to have some advantage over the others, or like you said, they won't last long.
Could it be a better schedule?
Offering more onboard services?
Maybe they are keeping the prices high for now, until they get closer to the dates of flight, and then reduce the prices lower than the other two.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Offering more onboard services?
Maybe they are keeping the prices high for now, until they get closer to the dates of flight, and then reduce the prices lower than the other two.

Their onboard services are LESS, not more than the other majors. Snacks and some cable TV is what they offer, but on a flight I'd rather have a meal regardless of how lousy the food is, and with AA its' never been bad.

And the MO of every airline I know is that the ticket prices always go up when they get closer to the flight date, not down. So I don't see JetBlue bucking this trend.

BIG C

Nov 25, 2005
I Live In Michigan And Fly Out Of Boston Mass. And Always Use Jet Blue. It A Pain In The Butt Arriving In Satiago At 4:00 Am In The Morning. Jet Blue Will Be Great Flying In To Pop At A Great Time. See Ya In Feb Marco

BIG C

Nov 25, 2005
Jet Blue Has A Fair Deal From Boston Mass. To Pop For Less Than $400. Us No More Getting A Cab @ Midnight To Get A Flight Out @ 4 In The Morning