Jetblue is pulling out of Santo Domingo

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
However you look at it

ricktoronto said:
Have a more positive attitude and think of it as damn early.

Either damn early or damn late, however you look at it...... Its a stressing time to fly......

Right.... go to sleep early, wake up at 1:30am, be at the airport at 2:30am check in, wait..... and voila, get in tha plane at ummmm 5:30am and you`ll be in NY at hey..... 9:00am??????? good!!!!!!!! now you can`t get to NY before work, and your tired as hell...........

Late.... or Early.... however it is IT SUCKS!!!

STIOP

CLOAKED

Jul 6, 2004
www.santodomingodirect.com
STIOP said:
Either damn early or damn late, however you look at it...... Its a stressing time to fly......

Right.... go to sleep early, wake up at 1:30am, be at the airport at 2:30am check in, wait..... and voila, get in tha plane at ummmm 5:30am and you`ll be in NY at hey..... 9:00am??????? good!!!!!!!! now you can`t get to NY before work, and your tired as hell...........

STIOP

I heard Jet Blue will start flying out of Dullas in Va. non stop to SDQ in 2 months

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
CLOAKED said:
I heard Jet Blue will start flying out of Dullas in Va. non stop to SDQ in 2 months

where you heard this?
Its will be great to see Jetblue running SDQ-BOS. Jetblue announced that they will expand boston with 11 gates by next year.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
STIOP said:

STIOP

Continental used to run a 1am flight out of newark a few years ago...and i was definitely going to try that on my following trip. no lines...breeze thu security...and you dont waste an entire (or half) day traveling. Have a couple of cocktails and take a tylenol pm and sleep the 4 hours away.....get to your hotel around 5 or 6...take a little nap and then hit the beach!

I would have tried je blue....but since i live in Jersey City...Newark is just so easy for me. (i definitely do NOT like taking NYC public transit when i first get home after a week in the DR. )

I think what $ucks the most tho...is that i am sure that with the reduced competition that everyone else will raise their prices :-( I am flying later this month on continental for RT $290 (including taxes) Heh..i grabbed that fare in HURRY when i saw that come up!

bugaloo

Mar 19, 2004
Hey jrzyguy,

What is the best way to stay current to rates like that? I fly out of Bayonne to POP via Newark on Continental and would love a tip or two.

thanks.

bugaloo.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
bugaloo said:
Hey jrzyguy,

What is the best way to stay current to rates like that? I fly out of Bayonne to POP via Newark on Continental and would love a tip or two.

thanks.

bugaloo.

I was checking orbitz every day from work....at one point they went down to 250....then it jumped to 410...then it dropped back to 300...but then i went to the continental site and it was even 10 bucks cheaper.....the prices dropped RIGHT after xmas....then eventualy went back up again. I KNEW i had to grab that fare as soon as it came up.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I'm suprised Scott. You supported Pan Am in the name of competition even though that airline never did anything to lower fares. JetBlue has most certainly had an impact on fares, yet you deride them. What gives? People who have flown American Airlines out of SDQ have also benefited from JetBlue's presense through lower fares.

BTW, haven't even been able to go to my house in the Cibao since I last visited you. Whenever I'm on the island, it's always in SDQ doing business these days. Hopefully this will change soon.
I "HAD" two friends that flew to Santiago on Jet Blue and I picked them up and returned them. I have a hard time even thinking that they were ever friends at this point. I didn't get back to Sosua till 4:45 AM. That is inhumane and cruel to both the customers and people that pick them up.

Let me know when you are next down. I would love to see you again.

Scott

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
CLOAKED said:

That would be great. My family is in Washington. Please say it is true.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Escott said:
I "HAD" two friends that flew to Santiago on Jet Blue and I picked them up and returned them. I have a hard time even thinking that they were ever friends at this point. I didn't get back to Sosua till 4:45 AM. That is inhumane and cruel to both the customers and people that pick them up.

Let me know when you are next down. I would love to see you again.

Scott

Don't blame Jetblue. Your friends asked you to pick them up at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Real friends would have been considerate and grabbed a hotel in town for the night/morning.

Now the 4:00 thing is unreasonable. I'm not sure the reason, but I'm sure STI could provide with Jetblue with a better schedule, rather than risk losing the airline altogether. That's common sense. But, I guess...it's the Dominican way.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
MMMM Wrong there my friend........

toneloc24 said:
Don't blame Jetblue. Your friends asked you to pick them up at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Real friends would have been considerate and grabbed a hotel in town for the night/morning.

Now the 4:00 thing is unreasonable. I'm not sure the reason, but I'm sure STI could provide with Jetblue with a better schedule, rather than risk losing the airline altogether. That's common sense. But, I guess...it's the Dominican way.

Your first statement is true.... but....

STI DOES NOT put a schedule on airlines to obey bye, i.e. they didn`t move JetBlue to that schedule.... JetBlue moved itself to that schedule..........

Airlines change their schedules all the time, the AA Miami flight 749 was a evening flight, then it was a midday flight, now is a evening flight again....... North American flew at night, morning, afternoon, all over the place...

Bottom line, the airports don`t put the time for the airlines, the airlines put their own schedule..........

STIOP

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
STIOP said:
Your first statement is true.... but....

STI DOES NOT put a schedule on airlines to obey bye, i.e. they didn`t move JetBlue to that schedule.... JetBlue moved itself to that schedule..........

Airlines change their schedules all the time, the AA Miami flight 749 was a evening flight, then it was a midday flight, now is a evening flight again....... North American flew at night, morning, afternoon, all over the place...

Bottom line, the airports don`t put the time for the airlines, the airlines put their own schedule..........

STIOP

Thanks for clearing that up. If such is the case, I have no idea what Jetblue is thinking. Leaving at 9:30, arriving at 1 in the morning is one thing. But leaving JFK at 4 in the morning? No support from me. :cross-eye

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
CLOAKED said:

Are you sure? that would be great for me, as my closest departure points are DC or Raleigh. It would be even better if they went to POP or STI, but I guess I'll never be that lucky.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
It just may be that airlines pay lower airport fees to fly in/out at off hours. This may allow JetBlue to charge lower airfare. It may not be that the DR does not give them better times...it may be that JFK does not give them better times.

But can the guy that mentioned that JetBlue may start flying out of Dulles in two months..can he please give his sources? thanks.

Apr 26, 2002
Snuffy said:
It just may be that airlines pay lower airport fees to fly in/out at off hours. This may allow JetBlue to charge lower airfare. It may not be that the DR does not give them better times...it may be that JFK does not give them better times.
For the record, airport management never determines departure or arrival times. Airline management does. If the airlines schedule 100 departures for exactly 10:00am at JFK, so be it. In rare instances (like at La Guardia and Washington National), the federal government may regulate this.

Also, the fees are the same regardless of the hour of departure or arrival. There has been much discussion that, given capacity problems, this needs to change.

With JetBlue, gate availability at JFK is always an issue. Also, to maximize profitability, JetBlue wants its jets in use 24/7, and tries to find ways to schedule this.

Last edited:

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
CLOAKED said:

jet blue wont fly out of VA.

That will be the start up airlines skylink airways.

http://skylinkairways.com/
they have the ok to operate b767 to london Stanted Airport.
Other destinations being considered are Aruba, Austria, costa rica and the Dominican Republic.
Lets wait and see.

Dominican_Titan

May 14, 2004
www.dr1.com
I Knew these was going to happen

I Remember when jetblue and Delta started flying to SDQ in June, i posted a message telling all of u people that the best way to keep the fairs low is by flying on those two airlines and forgeting about AA. We had 4 choices to fly from JFK to SDQ. But most of you people are so loyal to AA That you just dont seem to get it. From 4 Choices in the JFK/SDQ route, we soon will only have 2. ITS NOT TOO LATE PEOPLE, THERE IS STILL TIME TO CHANGE AND FLY ON OTHER AIRLINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If we don't act fast soon Delta will leave too and we will see AA doing what ever it wants once again. I hope that with this message those of you who are blinded by AA will open ur eyes and act soon before its too late.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Dominican_Titan said:
I Remember when jetblue and Delta started flying to SDQ in June, i posted a message telling all of u people that the best way to keep the fairs low is by flying on those two airlines and forgeting about AA. We had 4 choices to fly from JFK to SDQ. But most of you people are so loyal to AA That you just dont seem to get it. From 4 Choices in the JFK/SDQ route, we soon will only have 2. ITS NOT TOO LATE PEOPLE, THERE IS STILL TIME TO CHANGE AND FLY ON OTHER AIRLINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If we don't act fast soon Delta will leave too and we will see AA doing what ever it wants once again. I hope that with this message those of you who are blinded by AA will open ur eyes and act soon before its too late.

YOU ARE RIGHT. I AGREE.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
CLOAKED said:

Now I won't have to go to MIA or JFK to go to DR anymore!!! I hope they actually do this.