Junot Diaz...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Decent writer with entertaining style. Left-wing moon-bat though.

I would rather re-direct the herd than delete posts, but you're at it again with your agenda, as if Diaz should'nt have an opinion because it runs counter to your beliefs. Calling an accomplished author who is a credit to his nation a left-wing moon bat is out of order. You can express the sentiment of disagreeing with Junot's point of view on this particular issue without being so insulting.

And don't bother replying. This thread is not about you or me. Let's keep it civil and on-topic.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I would rather re-direct the herd than delete posts, but you're at it again with your agenda, as if Diaz should'nt have an opinion because it runs counter to your beliefs. Calling an accomplished author who is a credit to his nation a left-wing moon bat is out of order. You can express the sentiment of disagreeing with Junot's point of view on this particular issue without being so insulting.

And don't bother replying. This thread is not about you or me. Let's keep it civil and on-topic.

I expressed my opinion of the guy. I dont expect nor care if you agree. I am not obligated in any way to respect a man that repeats lies, like Haitians being mass deported or put in concentration camps by the DR Government. Seems my standard for truth is higher than your's.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
A couple of weeks ago I discovered this interview (in Spanish) of a very young Junot D?az. That he can hardly speak Spanish says a lot about the perspective from which he evaluates many DR-related issues, and probably explains why he's often off the mark. Needless to say that I think most Dominican criticisms of him are warranted.

[video=youtube;2IHUsjhSz2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IHUsjhSz2c[/video]

I know more than a few Dominicans who feel he is on the mark