Just arrived

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I do not buy and resale a car to you.

I only allow you to use my dealer`s license (that costs $10 000 a year) to buy from a closed to public dealers-only wholesale auction.
Full payment is due to the auction within three days upon purchasing a car. Without full payment auction does not release cars.

Upon payment to the auction I will have the car delivered to the sea port and shipped to DR. Mail you documents.
That is all that I will do.
To receive it in DR and to go through DR formalities - is your part.

I think this may be an interesting proposal to somebody with good connections with the Dominican customs authorities. I, probably like most recently arrived ex-pats, am not that person.
Thanks! ... J-D.

B

batich

I think this may be an interesting proposal to somebody with good connections with the Dominican customs authorities. I, probably like most recently arrived ex-pats, am not that person.
Thanks! ... J-D.

I have two cars in Sosua that I brought to DR for my personal use. Infinity G20 and Dodge Neon. Both with very low mileage that can be verified with Carfax.
Both I bought with light cosmetic damadge (Left doors on Infinity and Left rear fender on Neon) and had fixed in DR (This is the most cost saving/economic way to buy and bring a car to DR).

Both have all DR papers and registration and I drive them for about a year and a half now (about 3-4 months a year).

In case you might be interested I tell my representative in Sosua to show them to you.
And I will bring another one for myself.

Even being in NY passing the customs did not cause me much trouble.

There is a special table where customs dues to each particular car is pre-specified.
Bribes accumulate for another $200-250 at most to speed up.

Because we are not talking about some shady cars, but about vehicles from the government auction Manheim.
I do not mess with shady things.

Actually in total I shipped to DR 6 or 7 cars by orders and no big problems so far. 4-5 trips to SD- was the most of problems.

I will be very happy if I can be of any further assistance!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
JD ---I'm in JD (Juan Dolio that is- on the south shore) about a 45 minute drive from Santo Domingo, inbetween Boca Chica and San Pedro de Macoris!
If you make it down to this side of the island -PM me beforehand and I'll send you our phone number so we can meet up and I can introduce you to a few of the other expats in the area so you can 'pick their brains' to help you decide where to settle.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
JD ---I'm in JD (Juan Dolio that is- on the south shore) about a 45 minute drive from Santo Domingo, inbetween Boca Chica and San Pedro de Macoris!
If you make it down to this side of the island -PM me beforehand and I'll send you our phone number so we can meet up and I can introduce you to a few of the other expats in the area so you can 'pick their brains' to help you decide where to settle.

Thanks MommC, that's very nice of you! Please PM me your contacto info.
Thanks! ... J-D.