Killings and crimes perped by cops - Where is this country heading?

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Two criminals tried to rob us at our home on motor cycles [New ones] Motor cycle police cam by shortly[ 2 of them ] and we told them of it. They turned around and Left slowly in the other direction of the robbers. It must have been their lunch time. Did we go to the Fiscal and report it why waste time been there before done that. Crime here pays they never get arrested or even have an attempt made to follow their tracks. I love it here we are creating jobs for criminals and now they want to take our residence away and deport us.

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
Demand and supply

As long as there is a demand for drugs in the US, there will be people who will make it available. Eliminate the demand, eliminate the problem. What we see on the press is all political; 700 kilos here, 20 kilos there, it is all Public Relations of the corrupted Dominican Gov. and again, is it real, the drug their bursting, how do you know? One can not trust them because there is not credibility. It is just to get more funds in their pockets from tax payer Americans. You heal the sick you get rid off drugs trafficking and all the killings.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Speaking of police crimes read the news today one police officer shot and killed the mayor of Azua ! Also the police broke one of theirs out of jail in San Fransico these are not actions of a police force they are actions of an organised gang. When i see police here I go the other way if I avoid them at all costs just dont trust them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Speaking of police crimes read the news today one police officer shot and killed the mayor of Azua ! Also the police broke one of theirs out of jail in San Fransico these are not actions of a police force they are actions of an organised gang. When i see police here I go the other way if I avoid them at all costs just dont trust them.

The cop in Azua thought the mayor was having an affair with his woman, it was not random. Lots of people fired over what happened in San Francisco.....even a General involved in that one.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Still crazy now the guys that get fired will use the crminal contacts they have made as police officers to become full blown gangsters now! LOL

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
While police corruption might be on a slow short term increase maybe due to being inbetween administrations and the general economic situation, I think its wrong to conclude that a foreigner cannot drive around here safely, if they dont engage in risky behaviour. At worst, you might run into a road block where you gotta bribe the guy a few hundred pesos to let you go, this is not a big deal as long as its just once in while.

And dont forget, that road block might keep a robbery at bay.

Dec 26, 2011
At worst, you might run into a road block where you gotta bribe the guy a few hundred pesos to let you go, this is not a big deal as long as its just once in while.

Actually, that's a huge deal.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh its not cool, the DNCD are now working with the Mexicans who control the majority of trafficking. Put it this way, before the Mexicans got in on DR there was a flow of around 70Tn going through the country, estimated on busts, now an estimated 13Tn goes through, estimated on busts. Do you really think quantities have dropped, lol.
I am sure the lack of control and the upped game in violence is a lot to do with keeping up with their new brothers in arms, Mexicans. Now the Doms and mex's are developing new lines through to Europe it just seems like the start of trouble, early days. If these lines are developed the prices in Europe will drop massively, demand will increase massively and things can only get worse for the man in the middle, DR. Look at prices now, by the time it gets to street level, a Gram of coke in SD will cost you around RD550, on the streets of London ?50 ish (RD3000), watch those prices in London fall if these lines are developed.
So in all, yes it seems drugs could have a lot to do with it, while the tops eyes are on the cash, the PN are running havoc and no one cares. It seems as they have no real purpose, so are left to just make it up as they go, hence such crazy recent changes.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
At worst, you might run into a road block where you gotta bribe the guy a few hundred pesos to let you go, this is not a big deal as long as its just once in while.

To be honest I never really begrudged paying a little roadside tax, now and again, just as long as it is not out of hand. The issue now is you get a gun in your face and demanded all you have, that is not roadside tax, that is robbery. Huge difference, huge change.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
It's really frightening to read news these days, about all the killings perpetrated by PN (Policia Nacional) cops, most of them high ranking officials. This compilation covers only most prominent cases in the last 30 days.

Here are just some bites:
Condenan a 20 a?os de c?rcel a un coronel PN - DiarioLibre.com
A PN coronel sentenced to 20 years for killing innocent citizen Jos? Rodolfo Rodr?guez in San pedro de Macoris on March 11, 2012. The PN coronel was still on active duty in Las Terrenas, until his sentencing last Friday.

El Caribe ? Oficial policial mata a un alcalde de Azua
A PN first Lt. kills the mayor of the municipal district Las Lagunas near Azua. Video footage shows 4 shots at very close distance (execution). Another PN patrol arrives after neighbors called emergency lines, and the footage shows the arriving patrolmen joking and talking with the first Lt (the killer), even though he has two guns in the hand. The PN patrolmen were released form duty and the first lt. arrested. Hey...but the story does not end here...

El Caribe ? Coronel PN secuestra de la Fiscal?a a oficial asesin? alcalde de Azua
Later that day, a PN coronel arrives with "backup" (two cars full of men) and "kidnaps" the first lt. from the District Attorney's office in Santo Domingo before this could be processed and charged. He was later "returned" (at around 8pm). As the article says this is the second time when other PN "officials" aka thugs come to "rescue" of their "brother in arms".

That first case was
El Caribe ? Ordenan arresto de 23 agentes por incidente de San Francisco which happened just a few days ago, in San Francisco de Macoris, where 23 "officials" came to "rescue" a PN cop sentenced to 3 months preventive custody for his killing of a civilian. The 23 officials were arrested and removed form duty, and among them are 3 colonels, 2 majors, and 2 first lts.

El Caribe ? Env?an a la justicia primer teniente policial mat? oficial de la FAD de su mismo rango
A PN first lt. was released from ranks, arrested and under investigation for killing a first lt. of the Dominican Air Force. the circumstances of the shooting are not yet clear.

El Caribe ? 30 a?os de prisi?n a capit?n de la Polic?a mat? a dos durante discusi?n
In another case, a PN captain was sentenced to 30 years in prison for killing two young people during a heated discussion after a small accident involving the captain's vehicle and the two young people. This happened on 24 June 2011.

Lo sentencian a 20 a?os por muerte de hombre - DiarioLibre.com
Looks like it's really not worth having discussion with cops in the DR. Another PN cop was sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing a young man, after previously having a discussion in a car wash, both under influence of alcohol; then PN cop followed the other person home where he killed him in front of his house.

El Caribe ? Sargento de la Polic?a encabezaba banda de atracadores de bancas
In La Vega, the PN sargant was arrested after finding out he was involved with an armed group that was suspect in several hits on "bancas de loterias" (lottery houses).

El Caribe ? Un oficial, un cabo y otros seis son apresados por asalto en discoteca ?frica
A total of 8 PN members are arrested, including one first Lt., for participating in an armed assault on the disco "Africa" on 25 May 2012 where they got away with RD$800,000.

El Caribe ? La Polic?a cancela raso integraba banda de atracadores
In another news, a PN cop was released from ranks and faces charges after he was accused of being the head of an armed group that was involved in motorcycle thefts on the North coast.

Apresa sargento mayor de la Polic?a y dos civiles con 12 kilos de coca?na - DiarioLibre.com
A PN Sgt. was arrested, along with 2 civilians, while transporting 12 kilos of cocaine on Las Americas higwhay.

El Caribe ? La Polic?a expulsa a 24 agentes por faltas graves
The PN releases from its ranks 24 cops, including several high ranking officials, mainly for their involvement in criminal activities, including drug trafficking.

Simply put, the Dominican Republic functions in a chaotic fashion. The police often do what and how they want to do when they want to do it. They do all the no nos that are possible. They take bribes, kills people, rob people, drink and smoke on the job.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Simply put, the Dominican Republic functions in a chaotic fashion. The police often do what and how they want to do when they want to do it. They do all the no nos that are possible. They take bribes, kills people, rob people, drink and smoke on the job.

This sounds pretty much like most of the Policia Nacional I have seen. When driving at night I am more concerned about getting pulled over by the PN than getting car jacked.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
For those of us who have lived here for a number of years the situation with the PN is not surprising. The only difference now is the bribe amount has gone up and the PN killings are becoming second nature. Money can be the root of all evil here.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Cops

For those of us who have lived here for a number of years the situation with the PN is not surprising. The only difference now is the bribe amount has gone up and the PN killings are becoming second nature. Money can be the root of all evil here.

And to think that there are those who believe that taking away guns from law abiding people will make the society safer while criminals in and out of uniform have access to arms.

Can you imagine what things would be like if arms where strictly regulated or banned for regular citizens ? open season

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
And to think that there are those who believe that taking away guns from law abiding people will make the society safer while criminals in and out of uniform have access to arms.

Can you imagine what things would be like if arms where strictly regulated or banned for regular citizens ? open season

Not many people carry guns, so I doubt it would make much difference. People talk as if everyone is strutting the streets with guns, they aren't.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Quite wild estimates, possibly 450,000 people own guns, registered guns 178,000, so the number of registered guns per 100 people is 1.94.
so more or less for every 1 guns that is registered, there are 2 that aren't, sounds about right.

Gun homocides, is high? About 29 people per week killed by guns.

2010: 1,6187
2009: 1,651
2008: 1,797
2006: 1,16410
2005: 1,543

I still stick my guns ( pun intended) that not a lot of people wander the streets with guns, in home guns is a little different I think.

Are these numbers high or low?

I find it hard to believe that 5 out of every 100 people own a gun. I wonder where they get their info if only 178,000 are registered.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what's your problem here? whenever there is murder and/or robbery so many dr1ers foam at the mouth from all the shouting that perpetrators of crimes should be killed like animals and how come the police does not do s**t.
you got what you asked for, guys.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
You guys have to understand that every military or paramilitary organization in the world,are brotherhoods.It's engraved in you to take care of each other,specially as a public servant,the civilians are definitely not gonna take care of you.I'm not condoning in any way that is correct to do it,but unless you are part of it,you wouldn't understand.

Last edited:

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Why is it that every poster that comes on this site is more and more sounding like CRISS COLONN? How prophetic he really was about our future on this marvelous island!