Las Terrenas warning

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I for one believe that the victims are not in danger of life.
It's true the local 'tigueres' can be very dangerous but when they are accused justly AND by the victim they tend to shrug it off as normal as they accept that somebody defends him/herself.
(If a third person accuses them rightly or wrongly then it's a different story altogether.)

m'frog

I don't know if I can go with this reasoning. Even if I could, it seems to be too 'thin' to hang my life on.

Having been in a somewhat similar situation as Rocky, we left in a hurry and it was the best thing we could have done. All the stress was over in almost no time and we felt secure and content. To the op, leave!. Even if it is just for a while and even if it is just to start thinking in a more normal way again.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Guys, let's not argue. I'm hoping lemunch is too busy getting out of the area to read this or to post anything. Based on the OP contacting me privately for access to their Embassies I have reason to believe they did just that & that they received good advice which I'm sure they will/are following. Nothing more to say, really, other than to wish lemunch all the best.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Indeed... A PM would be the more appropriate measure... I have my little idea about the owner of the house, but I would like either a confirmation or a clarification... That is up to the OP...
Thanks Squat.
Knowing the type of person you are, I know that you will assist anyone who you feel might be putting himself in harm's way.
Thanks again, Marco.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Twisting One's Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
...You did suggest that their lives were not in danger...

False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainfrog

m'frog

m'frog
brain_scratching_head.gif

A

apostropheman

You did suggest that their lives were not in danger
False.
m'frog

how can you deny what you actually posted?
After the offer to buy her laptop back at 20k the OP could have assigned an ex police officer as a mediator.
Their 'services' are often useful in negotiating a 'solution' without getting involved oneself.
They are almost always successful and insiders know why...

It's true the local 'tigueres' can be very dangerous but when they are accused justly AND by the victim they tend to shrug it off as normal as they accept that somebody defends him/herself.
(If a third person accuses them rightly or wrongly then it's a different story altogether.)

m'frog
WTF are you thinking??? :eek:gre:

A

apostropheman

Possibly a language/translation error on his part.

I'm on my second coffee :D:bunny::bunny:
I feel the same way! I can't figure it out no matter how hard I try! Maybe English isn't his first language.....maybe I haven't had enough coffee....:ermm:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Brainy

Possibly a language/translation error on his part.
Not sure whom you have in mind. The word twister? :laugh:

It's true that English is not my first language and so I find that (as in my language) "to believe" and "to suggest" and "to give advice" have quite different meanings.

But I am not surprised that a different opinion here can easily make brainy people to post brainy pictures.

m'frog

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not sure whom you have in mind. The word twister? :laugh:

It's true that English is not my first language and so I find that (as in my language) "to believe" and "to suggest" and "to give advice" have quite different meanings.

But I am not surprised that a different opinion here can easily make brainy people to post brainy pictures.

m'frog
No problem.
We do understand that English is not your native language, but for future reference, the following means the same thing and nobody was twisting your words.

Twisting One's Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
...You did suggest that their lives were not in danger...

False.

Quote:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004

m'frog

"I believe" that people are right "to suggest" that their lives are in danger and "to give advice" to leave.

Looks the same to me

A

apostropheman

MF,

it's all in the context.

The general consensus seems to be the the OP should leave since things are that dangerous, therefore stating as your belief or opinion that you do not think that their lives are in danger is like suggesting to them or advising them to stay and risk their lives.

Not really accurate nor in their best interests.

The good thing in all of this is that the OP appears to have gotten out of the area and is safe...and that's the important part IMO.