LasTerrenas(Renting in PlayaBonita)- DR first time 59+ couple: trip Feb.23 - Mar.9/19

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The owner/chef at Atlantis is the former chef for Mitterrand of France

The food is good ... great...if he’s cooking

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Salsafan,

Yikes!

Hubby and I each have our own President's Choice Mastercard and that is it! Hope they are accepted in most places. I just realized I also have a ScotiaLine Visa card so that may also be an option.
Thanks for the tip as I haven't read this anywhere else.
;)

Dawn

Make sure you advise your bank that you will be using your credit cards in the DR otherwise they may not work. If you can get a debit/credit card from your bank before your trip.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Make sure you advise your bank that you will be using your credit cards in the DR otherwise they may not work. If you can get a debit/credit card from your bank before your trip.

My RBC cards don't require advising the bank, so I doubt TD's will , but it is a question worth asking.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
TD offers a travel advisory option on their website where you can inform them of your travel plans and avoid the automatic fraud detection algorithm deciding to temporarily suspend your card until you call in to confirm you are you and you really did buy 50 bags of blended coffee and a case of condoms at the dollar store in Sosua.