Lastest News

Apr 26, 2002
Someone pinch me ...

I must be dreaming.

I just can't believe Hippo would leave office without an amnesty agreement. Maybe he got a tacit one from Leonel?

amable

May 16, 2004
Jane J. said:
I remember thinking then too, why the heck is giving up before it's over? And after he did, they stopped talking about the results altogether.

Edited to add: amable, where are you watching your numbers from?
I am following the CDN and waiting for a new JCE bulletin, but must be going to bed soon as I have to get up early tomorrow, but happy.

Out they went....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ladybird said:
Graham enigma variations,,,, I hope the repercussions arent too awful. Do you really think the handover it will be that easy,, because of my situation at the moment, a lot of the police have been present at mi casa and there are so many on duty for the next couple of days,,,, I hope its not too awful for all of us, regards Barbara

Barbara, I DO acknowledge & empathise with your situation & I trust the transition with the local police will be slow & gentle for your sake. I honestly do not see the police giving up a (PAID?) job until they have to so anything you can offer them above their salary will be even more GREATFULLY received now the voting is cast.

How nice it would be to be in a situation where the "Civil Service" & it's offshoots, stayed to continue their employment!! I know how it could be done, but who would listen to a Extranajero??

Good luck with getting rid of the Ladrones & may you sleep safely now that HOPE is returning to the country!! - Grahame.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
President-elect Leonel Fernandez has just spoken for the press and Dominican people from the headquarters of the PLD. He commended the Dominican people for its civism. "Few people in Latin America in the midst of an economic and social crisis such as that we have had, have had the patience to wait for an election," said Fernandez. He also had praise for President Mejia, who he said had the gallantry to recognize the win of the PLD even before the JCE gave the final results. He extended an olive branch to the PRD, PPH and its allies saying that now what was important was to work together to lift the country out of its crisis.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its very quiet in my neighborhood, but i suppose many people might be celebrating near monumento. Today I was in a BBQ party right across the street from the new building of JCE and saw many PPH people patroling the streets with fire arm in hand. They were also drinking heavily. I saw some dead bodies near plaza monumantal (gas station) not sure what the circumstances were. Things don't look too comfortable in santiago at the moment.
When I spoke to santiago's congress man (PLD) over the phone about 2 hours ago, he was already being congratulated by many people and he confirmed the victory in simple words. Now I am afraid many of the PPH, gun tottling, gangsters won't take this defeat very lightly. I expect some civil unrest tomorrow and some shooting. PPH (PRD) folks are very upset and may take matters into their own hands. Don't forget many folks have botella jobs where they don't do jack and get paid every month. They will lose it all. If I were you, I won't stray too far from home on monday.
Good luck and congratulations to everyone who wanted leonel to win.
AZB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Results as of 3 AM

According to the JCE
With over 35% of the vote counted, the results show the following.
Leonel 53.18%
Hipolito 36.53%

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Results as of 3:06 AM

According to El Caribe.com
Leonel Fern?ndez (PLD) 54.99%
Hip?lito Mej?a (PRD) 35.29%
Eduardo Estrella (PRSC) 9.12%

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Results as of 3:34 AM

According to the JCE, with over 50% of the votes tabulated
Leonel 54.99%
Hipolito 35.29%
Estrella 9.12%

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Dominican People! Now I really think there could be hope on the horizon. Leonel has a tough job to do, but perhaps he is equal to it. Out they went! It still feels unreal....

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
WOW! it really feels unreal i thought it was going to be harder than what i saw yesterday couldn't sleep much.....................................................

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
It amazes me...

that one third of Dominican voters still voted for the Hipster. I hope Leonel will make these idiots feel even more stupid when he turns things around. He will make things better? Right??

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
May be

May be Judy and I can start thinking again about living in DR.
Congratulations to you all

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
AtlantaBob said:
that one third of Dominican voters still voted for the Hipster.

I highly doubt they actually did...I smell fraud...that's why Hippo conceded early, he knew that even with these "votes", he wasn't gaining any ground.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
And The Song Goes Like This....

Que Felicida Que Hipolito Se Va,
Que Felicida Que Leonel Vuelva Ya,
Que Felicida El Pueblo Se Salvo,
Dominicano Hay Que Bailar Y Gozar,

Que Felicida Que La Gente Respondio,
Que Felicida Santo Domingo Desperto,
Que Felicida La Crisis Tiene Su Fin,
Gracias Dios Mio Por La Democracia!

Que Felicida Seguro Tiene Duarte,
Porque Su Tierra Va Para Adelante,
Que Felicida Seguro Tiene Mella,
Porque Su Tierra Sabe Lo Mejor,
Que Felicida Seguro Tiene Sanchez,
La Tierra Mas Hermosa Del Mundo......desidio.....salir De La Pesadillaaaaa!!!!

Como Se Dijo En Un Principio, Y Asi Fue, Porque Hipolito Y Su Clan E Pa Fuera Que Van!!!!!!!

Lets dance, lets laugh, lets have the best of time because Hipolito is out!!!!! WOOOOO, lets dance, lets party, lets laugh, lets have joy!! Regardless of what Hippo does from now on it doesn't really matters because by AUGUST is out!!! He's going to his farm in the middle of nowhere in the Cibao, where he should be!!!! Lets dance, lets laugh, lets party!!! Woooo!

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
I'm THRILLED!!!!

Our country didn't deserve otherwise, I AM SO PROUD!

And as Leonel very well said "Few people in Latin America in the midst of an economic and social crisis such as that we have had, have had the patience to wait for an election"...

So true... It feels like a real democracy!! Wish I was in Santo Domingo celebrating and dancing "E' PA' FUERA QUE VAN"!!!!...

Good luck Leonel... At least you have the support of your people!!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
BushBaby said:
Barbara, I DO acknowledge & empathise with your situation & I trust the transition with the local police will be slow & gentle for your sake. I honestly do not see the police giving up a (PAID?) job until they have to so anything you can offer them above their salary will be even more GREATFULLY received now the voting is cast.

How nice it would be to be in a situation where the "Civil Service" & it's offshoots, stayed to continue their employment!! I know how it could be done, but who would listen to a Extranajero??

Good luck with getting rid of the Ladrones & may you sleep safely now that HOPE is returning to the country!! - Grahame.
Thank you Graham I do appreciate it..

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Results as of 2:20 PM, Monday

After tabulating almost 80% of the votes, the results are,
Leonel 56.51%
Hipolito 34.14%
Estrella 8.77%