legal or not legal, that is the question

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What a shame people!!!!

You don't believe even a bit in love at first sight?!?!?

You're breaking untold billions of damsel's hearts here!!!
l_0c46f22526477fdb9ddeedced4426a2a.gif

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
The 10 months waiting rule doesn't apply to her.
Tell her that for her own sake if she gets married you'll report her to the district attorney and to the Canadian immigration too.

While the OP's female friend is beeing taken for a ride by the local sankie and she is going to commit something that it is illegal, this advice that you just gave I think is the lowest one can reach even if call that person that you want to save a friend. That's really messed up.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Could be blessing in disguise. This makes me so angry because this is the sort of thing that makes immigration Canada so hard to deal and everyone is treated with suspect, real relationships or not and it's this sort of thing that makes waiting times longer and longer.

What is the rush to get married anyway? Nothing will change and he can't get here. What is her reason for getting married before getting divorced?

It makes me mad to. That is why I have been venting about all this. I have no idea what her reason is for getting married. No matter how many times I tell her that he will never come here, so doesn't believe me. Like come on. I read about all this on here everyday. I know the problems and the wait times people have getting their spouses here. She is just nuts.

Anna, my mistake about the 10 months waiting period. I forgot it was for Dominican women. Thanks :)

I am just going to sit back, let her do what she wants and let her deal with the aftermath....if there is any. I am done with trying to talk any sense into her.

I thank everyone on here though, believe me I do.

Cheers
Erin

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Fireworks!

Well, be sure to keep us up to date on how the whole story plays out. Whatever you do, don't leave the whole forum hanging. You have our attention. We're so involved, I think we SHOULD send a representative to the event to document it. Youtube videos and all.

6 days and counting to one of the most publicly anticipated felonies ever!

murilka

Nov 6, 2008
I wonder if the sanky will want a divorce in April as well...how they will be dividing your friend's assets between him and her current canadian husband....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
While the OP's female friend is beeing taken for a ride by the local sankie and she is going to commit something that it is illegal, this advice that you just gave I think is the lowest one can reach even if call that person that you want to save a friend. That's really messed up.

But La Mariposa didn't tell the OP to do this, she said to tell her she would. Could be La Mariposa intended last ditch shock tactics to propel the friend into normal common sense?

Now a question for sammystorm19: why, my dear, are you making yourself responsible for someone else's happiness and/or misery? I hope you mean that you're done with this and won't let it worry or consume your thoughts. I'm absolutely sure that you have better, more intelligent, more compassionate friends.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
feb 6th2009,
that's a friday.
i would be available,
grab a plane and fly over.
hey people, let's make it a date and have a DR1 party over there in San Juan, viedeo taped for the ones who need that, free booze for all of us, ha ha.
i don't know if such applies for all countries or for any at all, but if a foreigner get's married here, doesn't the embassy get notice about it?
so maybe it is Her who may not be able to go back to Canada??
o.k., i will not write out loud what i really think about that person, but i def would not cry if she get's caught like other criminals.
the Sankie will be just fine, he started to get the bucks, he will go on with that as long as possible, he is not commitintg any crime, he can anytime he want's stay at home with his wife and kids and he will anyways look out for the next Gal willing to spend her bucks on him even before that marriage.
it is funny how low some levels are in 'modern and educated' countries.
Hey Pichardo,
love your post,
that luv on 1st may be the answer to all, ha ha
happy sunday
Mike

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Why can't I find a sugar mummy to pay for my life? Be sure to pass on my details to her when the cack hits the fan, I'll be nice to her and gladly live of her earnings for a few months.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Now a question for sammystorm19: why, my dear, are you making yourself responsible for someone else's happiness and/or misery? I hope you mean that you're done with this and won't let it worry or consume your thoughts. I'm absolutely sure that you have better, more intelligent, more compassionate friends.

I am done with letting it consume my thoughts. I have tried talking her out of it and she is just going ahead with it. I am done wasting my time on her. And yes I do have more intelligent friends. That is why this had bugged me so much.

If there is going to make her happy, being married to someone, that will never be able to come up here to Canada, then so be it.

I wish her luck and thats about it.

Kevadair....I will let you know if the wedding goes as planned. Me I just don't care anymore.

Cheers
Erin

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
feb 6th2009,

i don't know if such applies for all countries or for any at all, but if a foreigner get's married here, doesn't the embassy get notice about it?
so maybe it is Her who may not be able to go back to Canada??

Not sure about other countries but no one contacts the Canadian embassy when a Canadian gets married in the DR. She would have to register her marriage in Canada for it to be recognized and we know she will not be able to do that. So basically she going through the motions of getting married.

The fraudulent part is signing a single status form when she's still married. Oh yes and bigamy of course.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Not sure about other countries but no one contacts the Canadian embassy when a Canadian gets married in the DR. She would have to register her marriage in Canada for it to be recognized and we know she will not be able to do that. So basically she going through the motions of getting married.

The fraudulent part is signing a single status form when she's still married. Oh yes and bigamy of course.

There is no legal requirement to register a foreign marriage in Canada. The document issued by the Oficial del Estado Civil is a valid marriage certificate.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
There is no legal requirement to register a foreign marriage in Canada. The document issued by the Oficial del Estado Civil is a valid marriage certificate.

Ok thank you. ;)

I wonder why people rush out to register after they get back from the wedding. Would it have anything to do with immigration?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

it is a valid marriage certificate in the DR, the country where issued. in the country of origin of a person who get's married in a foreign country it get's valid after registered as such by the laws of that country of origin.
in our discussed case never because done with false papers.
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
it is a valid marriage certificate in the DR, the country where issued. in the country of origin of a person who get's married in a foreign country it get's valid after registered as such by the laws of that country of origin.
in our discussed case never because done with false papers.
Mike

In Canada it doesn't need to be registered. The marriage certificate issued by the D.R. Estado Civil is valid in Canada.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
o.k.,
i did not know that, it is different for some european countries like germany and austria.
but in that specific case of the OP i would assume it doesn't matter b/c done with false papers, or would Canada accept such papers just like that without any check of authenticy?
would sound to me like the opening of a new "market".
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
o.k.,
i did not know that, it is different for some european countries like germany and austria.
but in that specific case of the OP i would assume it doesn't matter b/c done with false papers, or would Canada accept such papers just like that without any check of authenticy?
would sound to me like the opening of a new "market".
Mike

For the Province of Quebec, the Civil Code of Quebec states:

SEMI-AUTHENTIC ACTS

2822. An act purporting to be issued by a competent foreign public officer makes proof of its content against all persons and neither the quality nor the signature of the officer need be proved.

Similarly, a copy of a document in the custody of the foreign public officer makes proof of its conformity to the original against all persons, and replaces the original if it purports to be issued by the officer.

2825. Where an act or copy issued by a foreign public officer or a power of attorney certified by a foreign public officer has been contested, the person invoking it has the burden of proving that it is authentic.

In the case of the OP my understanding is that his(her) friend is going to lie to the D.R. public officer. The act remains a semi-authentic act though.

Let her get married, send me a copy of the act of marriage and I'll take care of it. How ? I'll send it to the district attorney for the criminal charge and to the Canadian immigration because her next move will be to sponsor him to Canada.