legal or not legal, that is the question

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Government issued health warnings on all flights to the DR?

"Sankies may seriously damage your wealth."

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Well I thought that I would let this die down for a bit, but I have to tell everyone what happened.

Well she got BUSTED!!!!! She brought a friend with her down there, she didn't like what she was doing, went home early and told her Canadian husband EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Her husband called her out on it yesterday. He told her that she will need to sign over full custody of the kids to him and that she needs to leave the country or he will report her to the police and immigration. She is crying she has lost everything.....you think??? My god!!!

She can't believe that this is happening. I told her that it would have eventuly all come out and she couldn't hide it forever. I am just glad I wasn't down there to witness all this. I did see pictures though. Crazy is all I have to say.

Just this past weekend she was saying that she wanted to bring her DR husband up here. Myself and my bestfriend were telling her that this would never happen. She didn't understand why, now I think that she does.

So that is the update.

Cheers
Erin

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is turning into a gossip column.

She has to get out of what country? Canada? Who's going to force her out ?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Her husband here in Canada found out about the marriage in the Dominican Republic. He told her that she needs to leave here or he is going to report her to the police and whoever else will do something about her getting married down there while she was still married in Canada. She is scared now and doesn't know what to do.

She has dug her own grave and now she has to live with what she has done.

I know Anna, total gossip, but I needed to to say has has happened because she was STUPID and couldn't wait a few months.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Let her be stupid, she obviously didn't listen to the advice of her friends. I feel badly for the kids.

What people will do for a useless dick!!!!!

Ok I'll leave now, having a bad day! :nervous:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Government issued health warnings on all flights to the DR?

"Sankies may seriously damage your wealth."

i was more thinking about a warning for our local citizenship like " be aware of those chics coming in, they are a p.i.t.a. for our society". take the trueth guys, there would be no sankie on this planet without that 'huge market' crying out for them.

Her husband here in Canada found out about the marriage in the Dominican Republic. He told her that she needs to leave here or he is going to report her to the police and whoever else will do something about her getting married down there while she was still married in Canada. She is scared now and doesn't know what to do.

She has dug her own grave and now she has to live with what she has done.

I know Anna, total gossip, but I needed to to say has has happened because she was STUPID and couldn't wait a few months.

that husband would be stu if he would not take any legal action against the illegal actions of his "future Ex" spouse, at least one of the two needs to take responsability about the kids. to me it doesn't look that the mother cares much about them.
Mike

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Wild Story.

So, now the double wife can't return to Canada? Is she living in the DR with her "true love?" If she does, she'll probably find out that he has kids here too.

Any other updates?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
She won't talk to anyone up here, but we tried calling her phones yesterday, there were cut off and I am guessing that she has left the country already.

Oh well, she did this to herself. She couldn't wait a few months and got married anyways. I wish her luck when her DR husband leaves her when all the money is gone and he finds out he can't come to Canada because she can't come back here.

Thats it, I am done. No more updates!!

Cheers
Erin

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
She won't talk to anyone up here, but we tried calling her phones yesterday, there were cut off and I am guessing that she has left the country already.

Oh well, she did this to herself. She couldn't wait a few months and got married anyways. I wish her luck when her DR husband leaves her when all the money is gone and he finds out he can't come to Canada because she can't come back here.

Thats it, I am done. No more updates!!

Cheers
Erin

Erin, Why do you say she can't come back to Canada ?

Was she borned Canadien ? if so, Canada cannot take back her Canadian citizenship even for the worst crime one could have commited.

If you mean she'll be afraid to come back because of the posible criminal charge against her, that's another thing.

The punishment if convicted is:
291. (1) Every one who commits bigamy is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years

As you can see it could be from a suspended sentence to 5 years of imprisonnement since there is no minimum.

As for the children we wont discuss about custody here it could be toooo long. Let's just suppose the husband has full legal custody, I'd be very surprised that she'll loose her visit rights though.

If I was her I wouldn't be afraid to stay in Canada. I condemn her behavior (indictable offence as per section 291 cr.c ) though. As I said before send me a copy of the weeding act celebrated in the D.R. and I denounce her myself to the Canadian authority.

Bad, very bad Mariposa hoy.

Reactions: MikeFisher

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I should have said that she is scared to come back to Canada.

She was suppose to move this Wednesday into new house. She bought it a couple of months ago. I guess that deal isn't going though.

Here Canadian husband has told her that if she comes back, he will make her life hell. He as taken the kids away from her and she will never see them again.

If only she had waited till the end of the year. None of this would have happened, but she didn't think that she would get caught.

Oh well, she is the one that has dug her own grave. I will try and contact her when I am back down there in March, but I am not even sure if she will still be in Rio San Juan at that time.

I think she now knows how bad everything is.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent about this.

Have a good one.
Cheers
Erin

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sad story Erin you are involved with due to friendship.
life can be a .. sometimes, yes.
doesn't look to me on the first place that she ever been the loving mom who thought about her kids, sorry to write it that harsh, but if she would she would in my eyes never have left the kids with anyone to visit the lover on the Isle.
i wish the kiddies luck and all the best to be taken good care of by their father.
write us a lil update if you visited your friend down here, interesting story.
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I should have said that she is scared to come back to Canada.

She was suppose to move this Wednesday into new house. She bought it a couple of months ago. I guess that deal isn't going though.

Here Canadian husband has told her that if she comes back, he will make her life hell. He as taken the kids away from her and she will never see them again.
If only she had waited till the end of the year. None of this would have happened, but she didn't think that she would get caught.

Oh well, she is the one that has dug her own grave. I will try and contact her when I am back down there in March, but I am not even sure if she will still be in Rio San Juan at that time.

I think she now knows how bad everything is.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent about this.

Have a good one.
Cheers
Erin

So he doesn't have legal custody and he hasn't filed for divorce either ??? Sometimes those behaviors work like boomerang.

If he wants to travel outside Canada with the kids... well hope they are old enough so he won't need the wife written authorization.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Clare,

Its not the friend that you are thinking of. Believe me, she wouldn't be that stupid!!!!! The other one, yes did get married and she is now living there.

There was a fight and no broken arm.

I will email you

Erin

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Clare,

Its not the friend that you are thinking of. Believe me, she wouldn't be that stupid!!!!! The other one, yes did get married and she is now living there.

There was a fight and no broken arm.

I will email you

Erin

Erin,
Don't tell me that we won't know the end of that wonderfull love story !!! Ay D?os