Let's Get Realistic Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I found this chart..... case & deaths per million people

1618155745674.png

If 16,000 case per million bothers you....... not me !!

Then look at the deaths per million...... minuscule !!

I feel pretty safe safe in a group of 1 million!!

We need to put this in perspective...... IMO

RD has 258,000 cases - out of approx 10 million people
Is that a real threat to society ????

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
Reactions: cavok

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I found this chart..... case & deaths per million people

View attachment 4348

If 16,000 case per million bothers you....... not me !!

Then look at the deaths per million...... minuscule !!

I feel pretty safe safe in a group of 1 million!!

We need to put this in perspective...... IMO

RD has 258,000 cases - out of approx 10 million people
Is that a real threat to society ????
It is not about the amount of covid deaths that have occurred so far, in relation to the DR or global population.

It is about the impact that covid has had on healthcare, economies, governments and incomes.
Even though the deaths in relation to populations have been "low"
The economic impact has been catastrophic and continues to be so.

Governments are obligated to respond to the pandemic, they don't have the luxury to pretend it's not so bad.
The impact is even more devastating on poor countries with minimal resources and countries with poor leadership.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It is not about the amount of covid deaths that have occurred so far, in relation to the DR or global population.

It is about the impact that covid has had on healthcare, economies, governments and incomes.

Governments are obligated to respond to the pandemic, they don't have the luxury to pretend it's not so bad.
The impact is even more devastating on poor countries with minimal resources and countries with poor leadership.

We call that overreaction.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Catastrophic economic impact on economies was not caused by the virus, but rather by an extreme and irrational response to it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have been saying this since day one of covid. It's a virus. Viruses kill people. Protect the old and the vulnerable but let's move on already.

There is no reason to keep testing people and going into hysterics because the daily count is high. The only thing that counts is do you have to go to the hospital and the death rate which is very low.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In the DR there are 3,385 reported deaths. That's equal to 0.03% of the population.

Boy do I miss the days of regular gripe. Those were the good old days for sure.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have been saying this since day one of covid. It's a virus. Viruses kill people. Protect the old and the vulnerable but let's move on already.

There is no reason to keep testing people and going into hysterics because the daily count is high. The only thing that counts is do you have to go to the hospital and the death rate which is very low.
Fear will keep them in line.
If ya think about it, it's the only thing this government has been able to use in order to sedate this population after failing miserably for so many years in the past. Stupid people make for easy prey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for the graphs. No need to continue yet another thread. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.