Likelihood of Obtaining Visitor Visa To Canada

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
We have family members who gave up the opportunity to live in the US. They too are not rich. For your serious minded Dominican (hard worker, etc,,) some find life in the US is not what they thought it would be. That is the mistake many make thinking that life in the US will be easier. Or they work long enough to have money saved to return to live in the DR. Most I think if given the opportunity would like to visit but not live. However then you have the other side of the coin, those who come to the US and get money by any means necessary, illegally. Those that figure they can turn to US government for help, welfare, etc... Those that don't care if they live 10 to an apartment and are just concerned about having enough money saved to come back for Navidad with all their knock-off designer cr*p.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
no to either of those places

Ian may I suggest that you not answer any more personal questions about your fiance. Some people are here only to make fun not help you in any way.

We do want to hear if and when she does get approved though.

To the rest of you, if you have no experience on getting a VV TO CANADA please go find another thread.

Last edited:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If she holds a 10 year US visa she maybe be able to get a visa that allows her to visit Canada once she is in the US. MY SIL and MIL both did this ( both have a 10 year US visa). They were in Western NY and wanted to travel to Toronto to visit extended family. They went to the Canadian immigration office (Consulate?) in Buffalo and they were given a single entry visa for Canada. I want to say it was for only 30 days. Now that was a few years ago so I am not sure how or if the process is still possible at this time. If I am not mistaken the only thing they needed was a letter from the extended family they were going to visit. I guess a type of invitation letter. Again this was a few years ago...

Ian McClymont

Apr 11, 2015
ya i know what he was getting at. lots of clowns on here that just troll and look for a spot to throw their meaningless 2 cents at. im used to it by now. and if i couldnt handle the occasional goof then i defintly cant handle marrying a girl from the DR due to the stereotypes and what people think they know. i was just on here for tips and info about a visitor visa and what not . not looking foradvice on how to meet people or where to haha. but thanks anyways.

Ian McClymont

Apr 11, 2015
a friend of mine in the DR who also has a 10 year us visa told me this may be possible. but they didnt try it themselves. so i dont know. i should just call and see what an immigration officer would say. she said that by plane no way but by car over the border should be ok. still unsure though

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
If she has 10 year US visa she should be able to get something from Canada. A family member had expired US visa when they applied for a Canadian tourist visa and was denied. She got her visa to the states, went twice and then picked up a Canadian visa with no problems. Nothing really changed in her employment or financial situation.