Living in Rio San Juan & Cabrera

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
You are not allowed to fish ih the Lagoon- it's protected
Little or no German in RSJ
French spoken by the French who for the most part stick to themselves

I agree with that. If you don't speak french, forget it in RSJ. It's spanish, dominicans, or french and they stick totally to themselves. The germans have gone, only left some rubios with thelocal ladies.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
There are a few options in the Cabrera area as far as hotels. Nicest/most expensive is Hotel La Catalina up in the hills about 5 min drive from downtown. Then right in town there is another nice hotel with pool called Mirador.. a bit cheaper than Catalina. Then if you want really cheap there are two right on the cliff's edge for around $25 a night, basic but great view and breeze. I can get you phone numbers for any if needed.

A year ago I stayed in Cabrera for 800 pesos a night, thats around $20 US I think. I had a bedroom, living room and kitchen for that. In between the central square and the cliffs. It was a bit tatty but clean. I don't remember the name but if you stand with your back to the bar on the corner of the park it's down the road in front of you on the right side of the park and towards the sea. It's about 0.75K, past the fire station on the right and the the police station further along on the left.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I know of where you speak.........

easy walk to almost everywhere

and near the police station == safe

Last edited:

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
I've only been to Playa Caleton and Playa Grande and both are great. One day i'll adventure into town.