Lynchings???

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Politicians officer, judges and cops will pay attention to this message, when the folks start lynching them, becouse they are the only responsible for what the Dominicans are going today with the big delinquency and corruption.

JJ.
I may be speaking for a bunch of folks, but when the routine lynchings of elected officials begins, I'm packing my bags as well as my wallet.

(Unless I win the bid for Alexandrina's Manse...:cheeky:)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Personal core philosophies transcend forums.

Not sure that I've ever posted my personal core philosophy. Maybe others are extrapolating?

I can't do much on the macro level about the 96% who voted for the status quo in May, but on the micro level I chat with folks about the importance of the institutionalization of an honest gubmint.

Welcome to RRA (Rabble Rousers Anonymous) ;) .

Worse, we risk the hatred of the oppressed, who feel justified in stealing or killing the well off.

This is somewhat discriminatory against Dominican victims of crime. The vast majority of criminals are not the poorest of the poor, nor are they particularly oppressed (other than in not being able to get their next fix). The vast majority of Dominican victims of crime are NOT particularly well off. It is these people, Dominican victims and their families & friends who lynch. They are responding to crime, not initiating it. They are using illegal methods, probably because they don't feel anything else works. And, in doing so, they themselves are committing a crime. A lamentable circle but one which will probably continue absent effective law enforcement & justice.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Lynching and mob justice are barbaric. People who advocate either are barbarians, and ignorant of the consequences. As for race and class, let me know when they start lynching expats, lawyers or rich people.:rambo:

hhmmm,Lynching lawyers,,,that may solve a whole bunch of problems.Wish I would have thought of that,,lol

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
How can you possibly compare racial lynchings in the US to the scenarios mentioned in this thread?
If you absolutely need to make some comparisons to the US, (for God only knows what reason) you could compare this to the cowboys when they used to lynch horse thieves.
It was their way of deterring that type of crime, so that folks could comfortably leave their horse tied up anywhere, without having to worry.

Why this even needs to be explained to you is beyond me, as it is so clear and evident that the example you use has no resemblance to the subject in this thread, and I suspect you have some other agenda or some mysterious point you would like to make, that is yet to be made clear.

Marco,

Thank you,

I was groping for a way to say the same thing!!!

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Talk about coincidence!!!

When I first wrote this post it was after reading articles in DR newpapers.

This morning I was sipping my cappucino and reading the Journal de Quebec on a quiet Sunday morning and I came accross an article on the exact same thing.
In the south east of Peru, a crowd of angry people set fire to a man which they suspected of killing a young girl. They caught up to him drenched him with gazoline and set him on fire. A policeman tried to stop them and he was also set on fire, thank God he was saved in-extremis by his colleagues. The crowd dispersed immediately and not one individual was identified.

It seems that this type of Mob Justice is going on more often than we know in other areas of the world. Hopefully authorities will act to find a solution to the problem which makes killers of honest people.