Major travel changes,,,Son of a b!tch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Perhaps, it lies within the process of buying the actual plane ticket. Much like applying for a gun permit in the States. I wonder if it would help to "cut them off at the pass". We should be able to keep unsubs out of the air the same way we deny them gun permits and credit cards to folks with poor credit ratings.

In other words, if you don't clear some database algorithm (more than what apparently exists now), you simply don't get a ticket.
What would that algorithm be?

1) Country of origin? God forbid we eliminate political correctness and list the potential "host countries"...and their citizens.

2) Number of consecutive vowels or consenants in a name, or if when you say the persons name the inflection sounds like you have something stuck in your throat? Nah, that'd be like describing bad guys to a T. They don't do it in the U.S. and refuse to do it in the DR....hence why there's no foto of the government when you look up "Ladrone" in the dictionary.

3) Religion...no way, they're not ALL crazy.

The real way is to be vigilant as travelers, be aware of your surroundings...as they say Nueva Yol, "If youse see sumtin, say sumptin."

Reactions: drloca

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I think the answer lies more with studying and following the israeli approach to air travel. Racial profiling and political correctness do not exist. There has not been a terrorist attack on El Al Airlines in over 30 years.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please remember - these discussions should not stray too far from the realm of the DR.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
To me his unsolicited declaration that he is from Al-Qaida is a 100% evidence and proof that he has nothing to do with Al-Qaida at all. Obvious.

And the whole story smells fish BIG TIME. There is only one entity that benefits from it...

"Trying to blow up a plane" with a birthday-party firecracker... Well,well...
Evidently, you did not read the following report:
An apparent malfunction in a device designed to detonate the high explosive PETN may have been all that saved the 278 passengers and the crew aboard Northwest Flight 253 on Christmas Day. No undercover air marshal was on board and passengers subdued the suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, of Nigeria.

Don

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i advocate passengerless aviation. it is obvious that passengers are a guilty party here and a common denominator of all safety issues. get rid of those bastardos and fly nice, safe, clean and empty planes - herein lies the future!

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Evidently, you did not read the following report:

Don

I did. But I aint buy into it. No one can bring in a required amount to blow up a big plane. I feel vested interests.

In other countries` media the account of the incident is very different.

To tighten nuts even more. To pi-s and kak into one`s own pocket. Without even standing up.

A tricky mission...

No go...

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
See I Told You So!

BIG CHANGES COMING, another Nigerian disruption on the same flight today....
Sat in the washroom for an hour claiming an upset stomach....

I bet he had a big bottle of Pepto on him too, huh? :surprised

Seriously, what's gotten into the Nigerians? Far as I know we've never attacked them.

Yet.

Chris

Sep 22, 2009
What would that algorithm be?

1) Country of origin? God forbid we eliminate political correctness and list the potential "host countries"...and their citizens.

2) Number of consecutive vowels or consenants in a name, or if when you say the persons name the inflection sounds like you have something stuck in your throat? Nah, that'd be like describing bad guys to a T. They don't do it in the U.S. and refuse to do it in the DR....hence why there's no foto of the government when you look up "Ladrone" in the dictionary.

3) Religion...no way, they're not ALL crazy.

The real way is to be vigilant as travelers, be aware of your surroundings...as they say Nueva Yol, "If youse see sumtin, say sumptin."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that if you are leading the witness here a bit. Why and how could your first thought be that the proposed algorithm be race-based? Is that how a gun permit or employment background check works? I am thoroughly confused by your response, but it could just be the airplane glue and Xanax abuse.

Sorry Pryatt, but from what I see here, you did not think your reply through before opening the proverbial pie hole. No soup for you!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Dominicans would make terrible terrorists!

Let me see if I can add some DR content

did anyone else hear the joke that was going around here about how Dominicans could not be recruited as terrorists?

it was a long list.-. but I can only remember a couple..

1. they would not show up in time for the flight

2 they would have to tell all their friends at the Colmado what they were going to do.....

etc...

anyway.. I do think that it is relevant... a bit.. since the only way to get off this island is to fly (yolas excluded) and lots of the connections go through the US...

perhaps the thread needs to be moved to the Travel section....

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I agree with Afghan, this guy is a Lee harvey OSwald in the entire puzzle. Top notch engineering school but cant make a pyrotechnic device? And seriously the weight needed to bring down a 747? Cant bring it in your luggage. Sounds like a job from the Legion of Doom.

well back to DR content. The rules also said that they would not apply to inbound international flights from US friendly nations that had the same security measures as the US used. Is the DR one of them nations? Security didnt look like Fort Knox when I came into Santiago.
I also heard they were thinking about elimination of the carry on bag. DOnt know, sounds fishy. This will make travel by air almost impossible to deal with.

Sep 22, 2009
Let me see if I can add some DR content

did anyone else hear the joke that was going around here about how Dominicans could not be recruited as terrorists?

it was a long list.-. but I can only remember a couple..

1. they would not show up in time for the flight

2 they would have to tell all their friends at the Colmado what they were going to do.....

etc...

anyway.. I do think that it is relevant... a bit.. since the only way to get off this island is to fly (yolas excluded) and lots of the connections go through the US...

perhaps the thread needs to be moved to the Travel section....

Dominican Terrorist to Bin Laden on status report conference call: "Mire, lo que paso fue que se pincho la goma. Imaginese..."

Mar 2, 2008
Or, to add to the Dominican theme,

Question: "How many Dominicans does it take to bl** up an airline?" (Much like: "How many WASPs does it take to change a lightbulb?)

Answer: All of them, since all the primos would want a piece of the action. Of course it could never actually happen, since no virgins can be found for the reward, within, or outside, of paradise.

This is just a joke, obviously. I'm just trying to find ways to pull this back to being DR related.

Status
Not open for further replies.