Many Shipments Will Not be Received

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
The customs chief, Fernando Fern?ndez, accuses the couriers of the robbery and says the stolen goods are contraband merchandise...
Just another mentally retarded Dominican Government Official. It looks like it's a requirement to be an idiot if somebody wants to be a chief of something in DR.

How could the stolen goods be a contraband merchandise if they were there waiting for customs duties to be paid?????

donP

Dec 14, 2008
2 Good News

I had a feeling my iPhone 6plus I have been waiting 2 months for would be stolen in this heist, so I went to encargo today and when I walked in the lady says I have some bad news for you...

Actually she should have had 2 good news for you:
1. We stole the telephone for you (according to the customs chief); :bunny:
2. You will be reimbursed for the stolen item (as the couriers promised). ;)

donP

Actually she should have had 2 good news for you:
1. We stole the telephone for you (according to the customs chief); :bunny:
2. You will be reimbursed for the stolen item (as the couriers promised). ;)

donP

Yes she said they would get me the exact same phone, I really hope there is still not a 3-4 week wait from Apple or the Iphone 7 will be out before I get my 6!! lol

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Today's DR1 News:
Theft worth millions affects many people's Christmas gifts
Customs warehouse No. 5 at the Las Americas International Airport was vandalized on Christmas Eve or the early hours of Christmas morning, affecting many Christmas gifts for people who had shipped the goods to the DR via courier. The theft primarily affects imported items valued at more than US$200 shipped via couriers. Many of the items in the warehouse were waiting to clear customs and most of these would have benefitted from the zero tax exemption for the holidays.
The Police Central Criminal Investigations Department (Dicrim) said that the entrance doors showed no sign of a break-in and it appeared that the thieves had used the keys to enter. The thefts are thought to have occurred on the night of the 24th and the early hours of 25 December.
The Police initially said the perpetrators could have had copies of the keys to the warehouse, or someone could have hidden inside.
The space is used by more than 15 courier companies.
Diario Libre reports that 18 employees at the Las Americas International Airport are under investigation. There were no surveillance cameras in the warehouse area. The space is used to store laptops, smart phones, tablets, clothing, plasma TVs, home appliances, and even food sent by Dominican residents in the US to their relatives and friends at home.
The Dominican Association of Courier Companies (Asodec) said that the robbery was "another retaliation," as reported in Diario Libre. Asodec complained that it is the latest incident in the dispute between Customs and the courier companies. The Customs Department and local business owners are challenging a law that allows tax-free import of merchandise under US$200. Diario Libre says that customers of Taino Express and Pick N'Send were affected by the theft of several items including laptops, smart phones and tablets.
Diario Libre reports that the merchandise is insured and the companies will reimburse the purchase price or authorize the repurchase of the item at their expense in advance of their making the claim to the insurance company.
Agentes indagan robo millonario en el AILA - listindiario.com
Robo millonario en dep?sito del Aeropuerto Las Am?ricas deja a miles sin sus regalos - DiarioLibre.com
Empresas de env?os asumir?n p?rdidas por el robo a su dep?sito en el AILA - DiarioLibre.com
http://dr1.com/forums/living/147792-many-shipments-will-not-received.html

Feb 7, 2007
And in a typical Dominican fashion, the finger-pointing continues
Couriers: p?rdida es de apenas unos US$3,500 - DiarioLibre.com

De la seguridad del almac?n en el que ocurri? el robo en el AILA parece que nadie es responsable, pues ayer el director de Aduanas declar? que esa instituci?n no es la encargada sino el Cuerpo de Seguridad Aeroportuaria. Sin embargo, el director del Cuerpo Especializado de Seguridad Aeroportuaria y de la Aviaci?n Civil (CESAC) Aracenis Castillo, tambi?n se desvincul?. Aleg? que solo tiene el compromiso de velar por la seguridad y protecci?n de los pasajeros, las aeronaves y las mercanc?as que salen hacia el exterior por los aeropuertos, pero no de aquellas que vienen y son manejadas por aduanas y los courier.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Breast Milk Culture

I am not surprised.
Nobody in this country will ever asssume responsibility for anything.
It is the 'culture' and 'no tengo la culpa' is drawn in with breast milk. :rolleyes:

donP

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
HELP

Have MBE and now have to upload the receipt from amazon. WHen I download the receipt its in a HTML format. I only can upload a pdf png giff etc. How do I do this exactly...

Thanks

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Amazon.com > Your Orders > Invoice (top right hand corner of your order there is a link under Order #) > Print

t97GhLa.png

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
Once Cuba realizes the money that can be made from retirees, there will be a wooossshhing sound of people abandoning the RD for Cuba. Havana 90 miles from Miami, a national airline, a large country with many resources, well trained doctor who only lack material resources, less corruption, less crime and most important of all less general stupidity.
The RD is in for a rough ride; that means a lot more of this type of theft will be occurring more often. Time to become more liquid you expats, soon DR will be nothing more than another Haiti.
Even at the higher echelons, these people are ether unable or unwilling to accept the cause and effect relationship. There is only one way the spiral for a people like this will head.