massive accident on azua-barahona road

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
drivers and licenses

All the statistics in the article are plausible, but I don't think they matter. Whether or not drivers have valid documents isn't as important to me as how drivers operate their vehicles. Basic skills like not backing out into oncoming traffic on busy streets, the concept of merging rather than blocking multiple lanes of traffic, and the meaning of those lines separating road lanes are not widely known or practiced.

I think the root problem is only two things separate anyone from a license: 1) reaching the age of majority & 2) having the cash to pay the fee. Anyway, there are more than enough threads on here about driving😊

and a bit more about the general situation regarding driving in DR:
M?s de un mill?n circula con licencias vencidas y caducadas - DiarioLibre.com

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
All the statistics in the article are plausible, but I don't think they matter. Whether or not drivers have valid documents isn't as important to me as how drivers operate their vehicles.

for a while now it is impossible to renew the license if the driver has outstanding multas. so expired license tells me the person is worth s**t as a driver and has zero knowledge or respect of the law.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Years ago, the head of the biggest transport union, "Miguel Lluberes" had his members fire bomb a bus that broke his "Strike".
People were burned to death and others just burned.
Today he is a member of the DR Senate.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC