Material Cost

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
only way I would buy here is when I see the house,, I would never build here the contractors words are useless .. I mean what options do you have when they tell you to finish we need more money ..its another scam here,,, best way when you see it you buy it if you like it... if not tell them to kiss your A**. don;t listen to them when they tell you you are getting in early in 1 year you will make 50k if you dont want to live in it.. watch the birdie

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Codes ? What are you talking about ? The engineer decides and he uses concrete design and most of them over design. The bulk of homes with tin roofs and aluminum shutter windows have very little rebar and few concrete beams
Who the heck is talking about tin shacks in slums with only requirements is mud dry enough to pack :cool:

Jun 7, 2006
Owner’s fees are high is an understatement. Almost 800.00 USD a month.
The owner's fee goes by the number of bedrooms. At Casa LInda for almost $800 USD per month it would most likely be 3, 4 or more bedrooms, including electric. And, perhaps even gardening & pool service. They can handle everything for the owners. Renting a villa there, you can hear the generator kick on often. 24 hour electric service is nice.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I see that the North American inflation index came in 1% higher than projected. Translation interest rates will need to go up above 5% maybe 5.5 % next month.

When will this be reflected in DR CD rates ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The owner's fee goes by the number of bedrooms. At Casa LInda for almost $800 USD per month it would most likely be 3, 4 or more bedrooms, including electric. And, perhaps even gardening & pool service. They can handle everything for the owners. Renting a villa there, you can hear the generator kick on often. 24 hour electric service is nice.
Is water pressure always the same in Casa Linda - or are cisterns needed with your own pump too

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I see that the North American inflation index came in 1% higher than projected. Translation interest rates will need to go up above 5% maybe 5.5 % next month.

When will this be reflected in DR CD rates ?
Never. That ship has sailed.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
I was only curious to see what this place was all about I have no interest in purchasing anything in Casa Linda. Looks to much like an overpriced U.S. HOA community with to many rules. And for 800 a month that better include poolside Presidente 🍺 service.

Reactions: JD Jones

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I was only curious to see what this place was all about I have no interest in purchasing anything in Casa Linda. Looks to much like an overpriced U.S. HOA community with to many rules. And for 800 a month that better include poolside Presidente 🍺 service.
The monthly fees at Casa Linda include 24 hour security, generator backup (with no added cost per month for maintenance of the generator), use of the shuttle bus to both Sosua and Cabarete (a favorite for owners that do not have their own transport and is something that other places do not offer), garbage disposal, full reception services and maintenance and lighting of the general areas. Water fee is U$39 per month.
The monthly fees are as follows:
U$328 for a 2 bed villa
U$345 for a 3 bed villa
U$362 for a 4 bed villa
U$380 for a 5 bed villa
U$391 for a 6 bed villa.
80% of the subdivision fee is taxable (ITBIS), 20 % is non taxable (no ITBIS)
The prices are reviewed each year, generally in April/May.
Anyone claiming that the fees are U$800 must be including the electricity and/or the fees for garden and pool maintenance which is something that Casa Linda no longer does
They do charge for fumigation but this is not much.

Jun 7, 2006
From the looks at all of the new construction happening at Casa Linda, they won't miss you. By the way, I don't think there is an HOA there.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
From the looks at all of the new construction happening at Casa Linda, they won't miss you. By the way, I don't think there is an HOA there.
Thanks for your input, I certainly won’t miss them either.😉 As I said I was only curious to see what Casa Linda was all about. If an overpriced community appeals to some people that’s fine by me it’s not my money.