Matilda's book launch - Rocky's bar, Sosua

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Wish I could be there, but I will get a copy signed next time I see you! Now all those that want it made into a movie...find her a contact and let's get it done!!!! Someone must know someone that could do it. If we all tell two friends and they tell two friends....the possibilities are endless!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Since movies studios are out of ideas and keep on making crappy movies with story lines that suck and horrid remakes, I don't see why not.

Matilda

I really wanted meet you and other DR1ers but I don't think I can make it this weekend. :( Church is making my wife make Kim Chi this weekend. If anybody from Santiago is going and willing to do me a big favor and get an autographed copy for me. Let me know. I would give you the book price and buy you couple of cold one for the trouble. Otherwise I'll have to buy from Amazon and have our folks ship it with next container (which could be for ever) like next month.

I can put one on Caribe tours bus for you if that helps?

Matilda

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I wrote to Ang Lee on facebook regarding the film but he hasnt got back to me yet- was thinking Charlize theron and chris rock in the lead roles,

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I wanna play the "Ugly American" part!
"Typecasting" at it's best!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Is there a free signed copy for the DR1er who travels the farthest???

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"...Is there a free signed copy for the DR1er who travels the farthest???..."

Care to lose? :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

Have you moved to the north pole CC? Well would be great to meet you if you make it to Sosua. Can't promise you a free copy as am one mean bitch.

Matilda

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Just read the book (mom came the other day with it). Excellent read. Very honest look at life here in DR especially political. Kudos for a great journey and being able to share it. Can't wait for the sequel, life in the campo.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Ive talked with the actress Claudette Lali before and sent her an FB message about the book. BTW Amazon is almost sold out of copies, there are only 15 left!

Last edited:

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I just finished reading the book! wow! Devoured it in two days! And I thought I knew just about everything after living here for 5 months every year for 12 years! I had a lot of chuckles, but when it came to the political stuff, I was flabergasted!
You are survivor Matlida! I hope you sell tons of your book!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Just to let all the Chivirico fans know that he has just turned up in the campo and will be coming to Sosua tomorrow! He is looking forward to meeting you all.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

i offer you a ride to sosua, how about that?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Just as a quick reminder to all.... tomorrow, Sunday, 24th March is the official north coast launch of 'What about your saucepans' written in superb fashion by our very own Matilda and she will be at Rocky's from noon until 3 pm for you to purchase your autographed copies.

This is a book that tells it 'like it is' for one British woman who came to the DR with limited expectations and an open mind - along the way she reached the moon and also the depths of despair.

I do know she will appreciate as many as possible coming along to Rocky's tomorrow to meet her and have a chat and buy the book of course!!!

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
Mine has arrived from Amazon and will be my "read" during upcoming trip. Congratulations on the publication Matilda!

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Mine arrived from Amazon.ca last week and I can hardly wait to finish it! I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it, but work and grandkids have kept me from the last half. Tonight is finally just for me and your book!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Great day, great turn out, great to meet fellow DR1ers and some I hadn't met before. Great comraderie. And most importantly, successful book signing and fabulous read!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Picked up a copy at Rocky's today and started reading on the Metro back to Santiago. Nice meeting a few dr1'ers and had a really good time. Met Matilda and Whirlybird for the very first time and what a couple of classy ladies.
Rick, thanks for having this event take place in your establishment.................
A good time for all...............

B in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Matilda
I really wanted meet you and other DR1ers but I don't think I can make it this weekend. :( Church is making my wife make Kim Chi this weekend. If anybody from Santiago is going and willing to do me a big favor and get an autographed copy for me, let me know. .

Done, I picked up an autographed copy for you and brought back to Santiago.
pm me for my phone number and location..........
I'm 2 minutes from the Monument in El Ensueno............

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
went, saw, conquered. or in other words: drove like crazy, talked rubbish and got my own copy ;)
it was great to meet some dr1ers i have never seen before and even better to see mat and shir again. damn, how do they stay so slim? :eek:gre:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks so much to all who came today. It was lovely to meet so many people, especially those I had not met before, and a special thanks to the Santiago guys and CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC for coming such a long way.

I hope you all enjoy the book and look forward to reading your reviews.

Many thanks to Rick as well for letting me set up shop in Rocky's

Matilda